Support

New idea, city gold rush

• New idea, city gold rush

In a similar way to the thunder storm and track maintenance feature in each city once per server, this feature could be similar, but have a positive affect on the cities inhabitants (or will it?!) It would probably need to be restricted to the first three era's, otherwise the disparity between those getting it in era 1 and those in later era's would be too great. The feature is a 'gold rush' as in the old times when all of a sudden thousands of people were drawn to remote inhospitable site to prospect for gold. For a short period (6 hours?) a new track would appear on the map, a dead end with a gold mine at the end. For every 100 tonnes of gold ore each player transports to the city, they would recieve 10 gold to spend in game. The site could have a waiting time, so that the more people used it the higher the wait would be. To lessen the disparity between the first three era's, the track to the 'Gold Rush' site could be further out in the later era's, so 2 or 3 tracks in era 1, 4 or 5 in era 2, and 6 or 7 in era 3, thereby lessening the effects of having more and faster engines that can carry more. Gold ore wagons would be free and available in whatever number was required. Unlike the thunder storms and track maintenance, this would bring something to boost or enhance your game, but it could be a double edged sword. Could you imagine a city that is preparing to upgrade to the next level and then randomly the 'Gold Rush' feature activates in their city, half (or more) of their active players are going to drop growing the city in favour to 'striking it rich' thereby pitching the city into turmoil for several hours, and increasing tensions. For people who are connected to more than one city, once they have accessed gold ore wagons once, they won't be available again, so it's a one time feature. Your guys could have some fun with the graphics for the gold mine, and the developers even more fun with bigging the feature up, 'there's gold in them there hills!' That's it, that's my latest idea :) What do you think?
      ​Sir Tiberius Fiable.
    • SirTFiable wrote:

In a similar way to the thunder storm and track maintenance feature in each city once per server, this feature could be similar, but have a positive affect on the cities inhabitants (or will it?!) It would probably need to be restricted to the first three era's, otherwise the disparity between those getting it in era 1 and those in later era's would be too great. The feature is a 'gold rush' as in the old times when all of a sudden thousands of people were drawn to remote inhospitable site to prospect for gold. For a short period (6 hours?) a new track would appear on the map, a dead end with a gold mine at the end. For every 100 tonnes of gold ore each player transports to the city, they would recieve 10 gold to spend in game. The site could have a waiting time, so that the more people used it the higher the wait would be. To lessen the disparity between the first three era's, the track to the 'Gold Rush' site could be further out in the later era's, so 2 or 3 tracks in era 1, 4 or 5 in era 2, and 6 or 7 in era 3, thereby lessening the effects of having more and faster engines that can carry more. Gold ore wagons would be free and available in whatever number was required. Unlike the thunder storms and track maintenance, this would bring something to boost or enhance your game, but it could be a double edged sword. Could you imagine a city that is preparing to upgrade to the next level and then randomly the 'Gold Rush' feature activates in their city, half (or more) of their active players are going to drop growing the city in favour to 'striking it rich' thereby pitching the city into turmoil for several hours, and increasing tensions. For people who are connected to more than one city, once they have accessed gold ore wagons once, they won't be available again, so it's a one time feature. Your guys could have some fun with the graphics for the gold mine, and the developers even more fun with bigging the feature up, 'there's gold in them there hills!' That's it, that's my latest idea :) What do you think?
      That's a great idea! :thumbsup:

I started to think about a 'Gold Vein' feature - Gold Vein found from iron / copper / coal mine, and for a short period of time you'd carry 1 Gold with each engine run (doesn't matter how many wagons you've got), to the maximum of let's say 300 Gold. Might be easier feature to implement...

Let's see how far this idea goes, and then I'll be sure to share it with Game Developers <3
    • Ah, I like it!
      Samisu, thank you for your idea. It is good to see users coming up with nice ideas and a CM thinking about it and carry on with a real nice suggestion to the developers.
      Thanks a lot, you motivate me to read much more in the English part of the new forum.
      Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach:
      - Der Klügere gibt nach. Eine traurige Wahrheit. Sie begründet die Weltherrschaft der Dummheit. -
      - Was nennen die Menschen am liebsten dumm? Das Gescheite, das sie nicht verstehen. -
    • To add to this further, instead of restricting it to era's, just have the gold mine appear on a random site that currently doesn't house a factory or resource plant. This mitigates the advantages over the era's as the empty sites get fewer and fewer as the Era's pass.

Another option is to only allow Career Engines to haul this commodity, this would also limit the generation of gold too.
    • Wow, great idea!
      But wouldnt it be much greater if there were some benefit in working together? You speak about the tension it creates when this event suddenly starts in the middle of an upgrade ;);) , I agree, this would be hilrious.

But some cities might develop strategies to fit these event in, maybe tere is a way to reward them or to drive them to work together (thinking about the citycomps right now) because in the end which city brought the most gold....

I hope this will be send to the developers, a positive event would be a great new feature.