Support

Videos not playing for credit

• US-1
  • Classic
  • Thank you everyone for your feedback and patience. There are a lot of things to consider, and I so badly wish I had more info on these inconveniences!
    We are so sorry for these issues, and I will personally see to it that all this valuable info will reach the right people.

sescinore and Docsbabe - did you check your Ad blocker settings? (If you are using those). Thank you hardi10 for pointing it out.

Docsbabe - every message you send to game support will be answered withing 24 hours. You can see the answers by clicking on support icon, and from there click 'my tickets' button just below the comment box. From there you can also mark your case as solved, or continue your conversation with game support.

Art.Cohan - There is no limit on how many videos you can watch. I would suggest you contact game support if they have heard of similar cases and how those got solved. I will also forward these issues to our adsales people.

Lord Ocryd, mmmcheesy waffles - I hear you, and your patience and activity regarding these issues have been very helpful! All information I get from you, will be sent to people who's responsibility it is to make these videos work. Thank you for helping others who may have these same video issues.

mmmcheesy waffles - Video ID will help in locating where (in the world) these issues appear. Most players do not have similar issues, so it may take some time before the team is able to connect the dots. Ad videos are a separate system from the main game, and there's a lot to consider (original source, browsers, devices, player's end, our end, number of cases versus risks, local videos, global videos, resources etc...) and I'm not sure how much our game fixes can help with each separate video case.

Forum is a good place to share general information (like most of you have done here), but if you ever need 1 on 1 help with anything, please contact game support - as I do not have the necessary technical information or tools the game support has.

I hope this answered to some of your questions, and I will keep you in the loop if I hear something.

I also wish you the very best holiday season, and good luck with advent calendars!

Edit: Android update was pushed to the stores - should be available in the next few hours
  • Samisu wrote:

mmmcheesy waffles - Video ID will help in locating where (in the world) these issues appear. Most players do not have similar issues, so it may take some time before the team is able to connect the dots. Ad videos are a separate system from the main game, and there's a lot to consider (original source, browsers, devices, player's end, our end, number of cases versus risks, local videos, global videos, resources etc...) and I'm not sure how much our game fixes can help with each separate video case.

I understand you Samisu. However, what I am saying is that the vid often does not tie with the number. When 3 different vids on one server all failed at the same number showing and each in different ways Irealised teh problme is more to do with teh vid displayer, and appears to be a buffer issue as the failure varies in exact nature. As Isaid it appears some of these vids are asking for user feedback with either a need for teh play button to be hit; a SKIP button be pressed or a 'X' to press... only then does teh vid move on to realease the Bonus. When the screen is dark none of my attempts work.

Whilst it is true that many of these vids fail on teh same number it may actually be teh vid FOLLOWING that number that is failing. So many fail to actually play with a picture. Mouse movement appears to have an impact in SOME cases, again suffesting an input buffer issue. Ihave seen this issue on at least 8 servers as Iloaded tests for all the servers immediately available [obviously I do know there are MANY more servers]

EDIT: [Apart from my formatting error now fixed :) ]

As teh number alone appears not to be tied across all servers or even ads. We would need to tell you the number; the server we are on at the time ; the time of day UTC that the error occurred.

Sorry but that is too much to ask. If a server is shown as having this issue at all then your team will need to search for examples to feedback unless other people are willing to go to THAT length to feed back info to them.

If as I suspect the issue is buffer related then I fear such feedback is not really needed in any quantity. Nor would teh feedback be guaranteed to offer much as there may be many other factors to consider such as how long teh player is online on that server; how many vids they have watched in their current session; is the choice of advert influenced by any randomiser?; how long since they cleared their cookies... and many other possible considerations.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mmmcheesywaffles: Formatting error Ihad replied within teh quote! Also additional feedback about my reasoning ().

• Here we go again. After a slight improvement in the delivery of videos in the first day of the new round, on day 2 the guaranteed rewards continue to be withheld, videos continue to have errors while loading or 'videos are not available, please try again later'.

I just spent considerable amount of time watching dozens of videos, receiving a msg that reward will be payed shortly , but nothing happens, no rewards, not even a bonus for the player, buttons remains alive, ready for the next click to watch the video again. I waited up to 30 mins for the reward that was coming 'shortly' and it is probably still coming...

THIS HAS TO STOP! I don't care how, I just want it fixed!

I also want my $50 refunded for every week that videos do not play correctly.

I play to have fun and not to have to write posts here expressing my frustrations and anger.

We get promised again and again that this would be fixed in the next update, there were several 'next updates' and problems are still here.

I play many other games where we watch videos for rewards. They ALL load up promptly and distribute promised rewards instantly. Since they play without any problem on my device it is NOT my device that is the problem!

And please do not blame the ad providers, because the same providers, like adColony for example, has absolutely no problem delivering the same videos everywhere else promptly and without any problems whatsoever. Same videos, same device, same internet provider, same player, ONLY the game is different. ONLY RN has no idea how to incorporate the videos into its game.

I tried to find the ways to contact a CEO directly, but no names except Managing Director: Lars Janssen are to be found and everyone else is hiding somewhere. Perhaps it is a one man operation? No e.mail is provided for Mr Janssen, only the address in Germany and FAX??? Fax: +49 (0)89/32 49 15 97 3 (plus support only). And yes, there is a long distance phone: +49 (0)89/32 49 15 93 8 (not for game support)

What century is Mr Janssen operating in? Who is using fax these days, I wouldn't even know where to find one.

Could I have the e.mail address for Mr. Janssen or any other CEO or someone in a position do do something about the game problems we're having?

Thank you!
  • I want to congratulate RN for finally getting those bonus videos to play as they should, most times. But I gotta complain the reward selection has been pushed to the point of ridiculousness, the majority of my "rewards" are a chance to buy a ticket for 15 or 20 gold. No thanks. Helluva benefit for a 50 gold increase in plus fee.
  • Delcat wrote:

I want to congratulate RN for finally getting those bonus videos to play as they should, most times. But I gotta complain the reward selection has been pushed to the point of ridiculousness, the majority of my "rewards" are a chance to buy a ticket for 15 or 20 gold. No thanks. Helluva benefit for a 50 gold increase in plus fee.
    I'm happy to hear the video issues have been fixed. The reward selection is a completely different topic, but an interesting one I think and worth discussing. If you feel like majority of bonus video rewards has no value to you, then how would you make it "more balanced"? Would you bring more variety or completely new rewards to the game?
  • @Samisu,

Sometimes it is the perception rather than the fact that people react to.

If RN has truly balanced the rewards tehn one way to combat any false perception we might have of the value is to automatically record the values of rewards in a manner we can review easily.

I suggest that a table of rewards be added to each server adn it should include

1] our outlay in Gold
    2] the time we spent watching a vid
    3] the Era - day details

Each entry should have a seriel number
    The rewards should show ....

Cash awards
    Gold Awards
    Bonus ticket awards with the seriel number
    the various Voucher awards

Ideally it would show what we were saving when all teh vouchers were applied ie Engines; Upgrades etc.

Whilst it is highly unlikely that RN would want us to see EVERY little detail of teh rewards by adding teh sderiel numbers and a note space we could enter relevant wins onto our personal awards page and through this might see that a higher percentage of rewards have paid out far more than we originally perceived.

For example Ihave won most Bonus Engines in one particular game yet some of teh ose engines were won so late in teh game they were of poor value. Whilst others were early and made a massive difference.

The various vouchers are very easily overlooked in value when we are hungry foras Bonus Engine and score a -20% building voucher just when it will save us several millions. We can easily forget the true value of teh Gold we may have invested in that voucher.
  • mmmcheesywaffles wrote:

Sometimes it is the perception rather than the fact that people react to.

If RN has truly balanced the rewards tehn one way to combat any false perception we might have of the value is to automatically record the values of rewards in a manner we can review easily.

Unfortunately, it is NOT just a perception Mccheesy, it is a FACT that RN re-balanced the rewards in their favor.

The most valuable reward, that of Plus account (+24h) has been removed entirely from most of the game, limiting it to "Available until 30 days remaining". What will be the odds of winning it at that time remains to be seen.

Additionally, I'm still not receiving many promised rewards no matter how long I wait for the 'reward that is coming shortly"... after watching the videos.

After playing this "FREE to play" game for number of rounds, I can clearly see that it will no longer be possible for me to continue playing it for free. I no longer win the gold I was able to win up to now (it is a fact and not just perception) and no longer win the Plus (it is a fact and not just perception). I don't need another item of clothing arriving with the msg: "You already own all clothing items" (it is a fact and not just perception).

Of course "FREE", is never FREE, RN makes huge profits off us wasting time watching the videos, regardless whether WE get any rewards at all or whether those rewards are of any value whatsoever to us.

The attitude of RN, their sheer greed and total disrespect of players who were given a "guarantee" to receive rewards and are not getting them, is so appalling to me, that there is no way I would ever, ever consider spending any real money here at all.

On top of that, instead of investing the money to fix this still bug infested game, Travian invested huge amounts into "Shroud of the Avatar". I don't care what RN does with their money, it's not really my business, but don't lie to me telling me that you need extra money to fix the bugs, telling me that your game is FREE, when in fact it is no longer possible to play it for "free", and that you guarantee the rewards when you fail to deliver them and don't give a "..." about it.

I play lots of games, I happily support games that are fun to play and developers are passionate about their work. I spent hundreds of dollars on Travian alone when it was still fun to play.

Now, all Travian games are focused entirely on introducing "features" that bring them more money, instead of those that make the game more fun to play...

Sad, but true.
  • Hey Lord Ocryd

I am just a normal gamer as U, but i fully understand that Travian need to make money to give it away for free - hmm free to a certain lvl of playing of course - i really hope they make money so they can buy better servers (maybe make a real round on Masters) and pay salary and so on, but it means we all need to pay one way or another, and U say that "RN makes huge profits off us wasting time watching the videos" where did u get that from - is it a public company or u get special insight ??

I see all complaining of the videos and lack - hey just buy some more gold and they will solve it - it is quite simpel - the more Travian earns on a game the more they will invest in it to boost there profit !!

Have a nice day

Cheers Rype

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rype ().

• Rype wrote:

the more Travian earns on a game the more they will invest in it to boost there profit !!

Have a nice day

Cheers Rype
    The more players that actually have fun playing, the bigger the pool of potential players buying gold.

So instead of making your nose brown you could show some empathy with your fellow players.

Either way nobody needs someone complaining that somebody is complaining.....me complaining about someone thats complaining about others that are complaining is okay however :D