Support

Videos not playing for credit

• US-1
  • Classic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Videos not playing for credit

I am unable to play videos for credit since about 9am this morning on my Android tablet. They will play sometimes, but when completed they will not show any next step (either the bonus or the extra). It seems Ok on the browser on my PC, but I usually play from my tablet and it isn't working there.
  • This might be 'too simple' fix, but no harm in asking I hope ^^

Did you delete cookies and clear the browser cache?
    This is particularly advantageous after an update. Please make sure that you only clear the cookies from Rail Nation. All other cookies may be kept. Also bear in mind that clearing your cookies will mean that you'll have to log in anew.

Sometimes if there's been an update, it's good to sign back in 'fresh' and updated features should work again. Also helpful; if you have any extra info, please share it with game support. They are a bit information junkies in there, and well focused bug reports will shorten the handling time. Screenshots can also be very useful! More info: How to report a bug? What do I have to keep in mind?
  • This is an issue on iOS as well. Cookies and browser cache shouldn't really be relevant to anyone playing through an app on Android or iOS, as cookies and browser cache only apply to web browsers. Sure, it's possible to play through Puffin Browser on those devices, where cookies and browser cache are relevant, but I don't think that's the case here.
  • Crivalleri wrote:

This is an issue on iOS as well. Cookies and browser cache shouldn't really be relevant to anyone playing through an app on Android or iOS, as cookies and browser cache only apply to web browsers. Sure, it's possible to play through Puffin Browser on those devices, where cookies and browser cache are relevant, but I don't think that's the case here.
    I remember a couple of cases where player had the previous App version, while app store had an updated version. Some features came only after downloading the very latest version. Not sure if that's the case here though.
  • I gave up on browser version long time ago.

As for my iPad, I frequently delete and reinstall the app, especially after an update, as the game has so many bugs that it often become unplayable.

As to the videos, what bothers me most is that we're paying for the 'privilege' of watching them, only to be deprived of the rewards. I'm sure that RN gets paid in any event by the advertisers.

There are several other games I play that utilise the concept of rewarding players for watching ads. No other game though fails to deliver rewards. Only RN seems casual about it and nothing is done to a persistent and long standing problem.
  • Lord Ocryd wrote:

I gave up on browser version long time ago.

As for my iPad, I frequently delete and reinstall the app, especially after an update, as the game has so many bugs that it often become unplayable.

As to the videos, what bothers me most is that we're paying for the 'privilege' of watching them, only to be deprived of the rewards. I'm sure that RN gets paid in any event by the advertisers.

There are several other games I play that utilise the concept of rewarding players for watching ads. No other game though fails to deliver rewards. Only RN seems casual about it and nothing is done to a persistent and long standing problem.
    I'm very sorry for the buggy journey you've had!

If only our bug flushing techniques were as fast as a train toilet.

This app bug is known, and I hope to bring good news soon. Thank you for your comments!
  • So, the good news as promised.

Our Mobile Service provider for the video system had some ad delivery and reward problems, and on Thursday they had a downtime to solve the problem. Everything should be fixed now and I hope your engines can whistle happily ever after!

If someone is still facing ad video problems, please share your information with game support (or if there's such option, click a "report-button" within the video player). If you contact game support, it's good to mention your country & chosen game world language, and what the faulty ad was about if possible.

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience!
  • Well, nothing changed in the app, the same story, you watch an ad, get a message that your rewards will be paid shortly... and... nothing happens.

I actually re-installed the app, went back to my station where my 'bonus' was still green after watching the video, played the video again... got the message again... and ... nothing again happened... still green.

How do you expect us to take this game seriously and be happy with paying for the rewards and NOT getting them?
  • Lord Ocryd wrote:

Well, nothing changed in the app, the same story, you watch an ad, get a message that your rewards will be paid shortly... and... nothing happens.

I actually re-installed the app, went back to my station where my 'bonus' was still green after watching the video, played the video again... got the message again... and ... nothing again happened... still green.

How do you expect us to take this game seriously and be happy with paying for the rewards and NOT getting them?
    There might be something that separates your case from others, so let's continue this privately.
  • The Video problem has been ongoing for over a year and support never says anything more than they've let the developers know.

With all the money they must be earning through Gold purchases and payments from the Video 3rd party tool they must be able to afford the time and effort to fix it once an for all.

Videos can run OK for days (barring an unnecessary 15 second wait while the stupid software looks for something to play). Then it breaks - either it starts to take 2 or more minutes to pick a Video or, occasionally, it stops playing altogether and crashes Flash/Shockwave.

If Travian are paid for players watching videos through this portal, which I guess they are, then they must be missing thousands in lost revenue. Surely that's excuse enough to get it fixed or dump the vendor and get a new supplier.

Some of the real advertisements are also inappropriate and way too long. I got stuck with one advertising campaign for some US drug that ran for 3 minutes and it played at almost every opportunity - that means 18 minutes minimum just to watch the 6 bonus videos. Fat chance of watching all the Vids from a large association.

Come on Travian - Get your finger out!
  • will you fix the damn video's, im sick of them not playing especially this new one thats appeared 21400 all it does is hang im sick of having to try and get them to work. Guess i will no longer be playing if you cant get something so simple worked out that other sites have no problem with.
  • Aberdonianman wrote:

will you fix the damn video's, im sick of them not playing especially this new one thats appeared 21400 all it does is hang im sick of having to try and get them to work. Guess i will no longer be playing if you cant get something so simple worked out that other sites have no problem with.
    Hi Aberdonian man,

I have contacted the right people earlier today about the ID 21400 video. I bumped into it with one of my own avatars, and after an hour or so, the videos started to play again when I signed back in. Still, it did take some time before the videos started to play. I'm sorry you encountered this error, and I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Samisu wrote:

Aberdonianman wrote:

will you fix the damn video's, im sick of them not playing especially this new one thats appeared 21400 all it does is hang im sick of having to try and get them to work. Guess i will no longer be playing if you cant get something so simple worked out that other sites have no problem with.
    Hi Aberdonian man,
    I have contacted the right people earlier today about the ID 21400 video. I bumped into it with one of my own avatars, and after an hour or so, the videos started to play again when I signed back in. Still, it did take some time before the videos started to play. I'm sorry you encountered this error, and I hope it gets fixed soon.
    I've been getting inconsistent plays for more than one vid. It's really hampering my upgrades at a crucial time too :( I tried fully enabling any ad-blocks yet still get occasional plays without problems then a few hours of very sporadic plays. I've even tried clean reboots, but to no avail.