Videos not playing for credit

• Evidently it is not limited to Android or PC as I am on PC.

Also I have disabled anti spyware
    Cleared my cache

And still no plays.

So both advertisers and customers who pay for Gold are not getting a return on their investment. Other players who may not buy Gold are still needed to keep the flow of gameplay and in viewing adverts ARE indeed 'paying' to get their game.

• We've informed the right people of this, and video 21400 error is known. If the video gets stuck and doesn't start, please tap X to close the video player and then tap the 'restart' button. This should start the video again with most players.

So far I've personally seen this error only in game world COM-201 Big Ben. Other com/us/m1 game worlds have worked fine. If there is some other error, another video ID perhaps, then please share those ID's here. I will gather all the info and send it to our Ad video people - if anything new comes to your mind.

The whole Rail Nation Team is naturally sorry for all the inconvenience.

• Samisu .

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately although restart worked for several days it no longer works. It has to be a change you introduced in the last day. I assure you I changed nothing.

One thing I noticed is that the impact appears cumulative... although that might be a coincidence.

in other words some vids play ok ... then it starts needing the restart. It then crashes after playing the restarted vid sometimes to the bonus but a few times to nothing... and the vid is marked as viewed . Today that all changed again back to the same error we saw last week with 21400.

It appears that failed displays are not timing out and perhaps are requiring customer interaction like 21509? [a quiz from Esso] But the screen is a black viewer screen and no amount of clicking of the mouse or the UI buttons make any difference. Often today the viewer screen went to white rather than black.

My suspicion is that the fix to let failing vids be ignored in the customers browser [I often have seen it parse past 21400 and 21509 after short pauses] is running a buffer that is overloading? Whilst I am only guessing I add this in case the coders are guessing too.

Just hope they resolve it soon as it is really holding me back from gaining enough RP to do what I had planned. The extra RP from vids was helping me catch up from stupid errors I made in my first few days of play.

Another thing is that 21509 has been top left in 3 vids now. 2 2 of them also seen under another label... but at least they were crashing past that point.

• Samisu,

I can assure you the error is also in COM 01 Steam Boiler.

And the suggestion of clicking the x and replaying doesn't always work - last night I was in a loop of replaying the video 10 times before one played, then I was presented with a blank screen where my bonus should have been and unable to collect.

It's all very well being sorry, but RN is fooling people into getting a plus with the false promise of guaranteed bonuses.

For this we should get compensated.

• Happening again on COM101 *again*. And it's gone back to sticking on 21400, which was (briefly) fixed last week. However, that's not the only video that sticks, just the most regular/obvious one.

It does make the benefit of a second guaranteed video utterly worthless, when you can't even watch the standard one.

Samisu, just restarting doesn't fix the problem because the it generally just tries (and sticks) on the same video. Yes, if I sit and restart videos 5 or 10 times I might get lucky, but that's really not practical or reasonable.

• Still sticking on 21400. I restart videos 10 times but that is my limit if it still wont play. I would like to, not only know it will be fixed SOON, but also how we will all be compensated as we are losing a lot and getting REALLY annoyed. Please keep trying. We appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

Kahn

• I have had to resort to playing the vids on my phone via the app.. very annoying.

Sometimes video one doesnt play. Most of the time, video 2 doesnt play.

Rebooting the game doesnt fix it either. And, which ones.. early in the gameplay, or last before shutting down.. they all stick/hang

• We've informed the right people of this, and video 21400 error is known. If the video gets stuck and doesn't start, please tap X to close the video player and then tap the 'restart' button. This should start the video again with most players.

So far I've personally seen this error only in game world COM-201 Big Ben. Other com/us/m1 game worlds have worked fine. If there is some other error, another video ID perhaps, then please share those ID's here. I will gather all the info and send it to our Ad video people - if anything new comes to your mind.

The whole Rail Nation Team is naturally sorry for all the inconvenience.

OK I've now done some extensive testing

I set up games on several servers. [Eventually all available]

@ time the first time I play a vid on a new account it usually goes through with very little trouble, though not always
    Soon ir degrades and more and more refreshes are need. Occasionally I get it to play after maybe THIRTY refreshes!

If it locks on 21400 it generally stays locked until refresh

Occasionally clicking on pause in the UI seems to kick teh viewer into more action....though not always.. it may be pure coincidence

I have also tested on a tablet as well as my PC Same issues

This has directly impaired my game a lot! I have missed several competitions through getting stuck in a vid refresh cycle and forgetting to start the comps; or making the wrong load and other little errors due to fatigue from the BORING TESTING.

Apart from missing competitions I have missed all those extra RP's I might have earned.
    I've missed the investments needed to keep my place at end of day.
    I've missed the chance to earn other bonuses including all the good ones.

I've basically lost at least 2 days worth of Plus value and tired myself out to feed back this data

So....

1] When will it be fixed? Since it WAS fixed of sorts then broke again!

2] What compensation will there bee our veiwing of vids is presumabley your main revenue stream with many players?

On a good note I can say teh UI for Europe is by far the best in many ways; though it still needs a bit more polish in some ways

• That's some intensive testing you've done there mmmcheesywaffels!

I believe the video error will be fixed tomorrow 20.11. and until then, some players aren't able to watch ad videos unfortunately. I will share the news right away here when I hear something.

Compensation, I can't make any promises. For now, let's concentrate on getting the vid error fixed for good.

I hope to bring good news soon!

• Any idea when the change will be made?

I note teh new warning about browser settings... but if it's our browsers settings then WHY did it work for a while then stop again. Also WHY does it get progressively worse?

I'm not running any ad-blocker. I run a manual search and clean after logging out. It does nothing to help me view those vids.

• Hi, in the German part of the forum, I got an answer about the Id 21400. QA team member Baldur wrote, the problems were reported to the advertising agency some days ago, and after getting to know about continuing problems, he reported it again.

In my answer I suggested to spread the news to the international CMs, so they can tell, there is at least one QA member taking care of the problems.
    Hopefully the agency will react ...

Kindern erzählen wir Geschichten, damit sie einschlafen.

Erwachsenen, damit sie aufwachen.

• So far across several worlds I have yet to experience even 1 need for refresh :D

The vids appear to parse properly into a dsiplay vid without major pauses. "nd vids are equally fast to start. :D

Hopefully this mean the actual problem is fully resolved and can be avoided in future.

Thanks Samisu.