Support

Videos not playing correctly

• COM-101
  • USA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Videos not playing correctly

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue where 80% of the videos are constantly buffering and depending on the video (first or bonus "second" video) two outcomes are possible :

If it's a first video (building bonus), most often, after 30 sec, the video will disappear and the bonus will appear.
    If it's a second video (player bonus), either it disappears after 30sec, either it will buffer indefinitely.

The problem being mainly the beginning, the videos aren't "normally" loading at all to start with.

I have tried signing out and signing back in, after clearing browser cache and cookies, as I have already seen advised elsewhere - didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance if you can help me here,

CaptainErable
  • CaptainErable wrote:

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue where 80% of the videos are constantly buffering and depending on the video (first or bonus "second" video) two outcomes are possible :

If it's a first video (building bonus), most often, after 30 sec, the video will disappear and the bonus will appear.
    If it's a second video (player bonus), either it disappears after 30sec, either it will buffer indefinitely.

The problem being mainly the beginning, the videos aren't "normally" loading at all to start with.

I have tried signing out and signing back in, after clearing browser cache and cookies, as I have already seen advised elsewhere - didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance if you can help me here,

CaptainErable
    Hello Captain E.

Sounds like there might be a problem with certain ad videos, so here's a list of useful information our ad sales people could use:

- browser + version
    - browser language
    - country
    - video id (five numbers at the top left of video, might need to hover over the video)
    - if possible the product of the add
    - error description

You can use this: News and Help Center - Contact Customer Support and share your information there. You can also contact ingame Support. Thank you for all the info so far, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
  • I'm posting my reply to the News and Help Center - Contact Customer Support here, in case anyone also has the issue :

"I am running Google Chrome, latest version, in English and from Canada.

The video ID changes all the time as if the "ad system" was trying to find one that works (21105, 21040, 21184, 20361, 20200, 20201, 20641, 21059, 19253 ==> this one works, it's for Rail Nation, but sometimes there's no image, etc.)

The issue is that the video usually just buffers for 30 seconds than ends and I get my bonus - if I'm lucky - otherwise it buffers forever and I don't get anything."
  • CaptainErable wrote:

I'm posting my reply to the News and Help Center - Contact Customer Support here, in case anyone also has the issue :

"I am running Google Chrome, latest version, in English and from Canada.

The video ID changes all the time as if the "ad system" was trying to find one that works (21105, 21040, 21184, 20361, 20200, 20201, 20641, 21059, 19253 ==> this one works, it's for Rail Nation, but sometimes there's no image, etc.)

The issue is that the video usually just buffers for 30 seconds than ends and I get my bonus - if I'm lucky - otherwise it buffers forever and I don't get anything."
    Thank you very much for sending this to Help Center! I'm sure people there can help you with this.
  • @ CaptainErable, I find that this happens when you have any "tracking control" system installed. The system keeps rejecting all videos that attempt to "track" you. Then you end up with Travian ads as those ads have no "tracking" attached to them.

"Ghostery" which I'm using is one of the system that controls "trackers". If you do use anything like that you might want to disable it or adjust it to suit your needs if you still want to view the videos.
  • Lord Ocryd wrote:

@ CaptainErable, I find that this happens when you have any "tracking control" system installed. The system keeps rejecting all videos that attempt to "track" you. Then you end up with Travian ads as those ads have no "tracking" attached to them.

"Ghostery" which I'm using is one of the system that controls "trackers". If you do use anything like that you might want to disable it or adjust it to suit your needs if you still want to view the videos.
    Nothing that I know of really..

I mean the only other ads that I've had that worked are Dove and a football manager (but only the sound came out - blew my ears off..).

So it's possible, but I don't have any special programs on my computer that should stop this, but thanks for the idea !