Support

Android bugs

• COM-1
  • Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Android bugs

Forgive me if these bugs are already known, but these are all the bugs and issues I have found with the Android app so far.

- Note: this is in "phone" mode with the smaller screen layout.

• Chat breaks if focus is lost

If you switch out of the app to somewhere else, or the phone's screen goes off, most of the time chat disconnects and will not reconnect. All you get is a ! triangle with a countdown that randomly constantly resets. The only way to get back in to chat is to terminate the app (which is another entire issue by itself) and go back in.

• Settings menu gets stuck

I am unsure how to replicate this, but randomly the settings menu will be displayed without the close button - only with the settings menu icon. It's hard to get rid of it again (the best way I have found is to go into the cash menu and close that - it replaces the settings menu).

• It can't cope with access from elsewhere

If you have been using the app and then go on to the website instead the app basically freezes if it's not got focus at the time. It's still there, still running, but nothing works. Logging out hangs the app. You have to terminate and restart again.

• RP don't appear if the lab is open

If you are in the lab at the time a new RP arrives that RP disappears. If you terminate the app and go back in again the RP is now there.

• The bottom menu has crashed

For some reason the bottom menu will no longer expand upwards with the ^ button.

• It's nigh on impossible to terminate if there has been a problem

Returning to the launcher (either through the back arrow or the app list button) doesn't terminate the app. Switching to the app list and closing the app doesn't terminate the app. As soon as you select the icon again you are returned back exactly where you were (maybe this is by design). It's fine under normal circumstances, but in general when you terminate an app like that it's because there is a problem with it and you need to restart it. For this app you have to terminate it and then wait an hour (or so it feels) or attempt to log out, let it crash, then terminate it, and you may have a better chance of getting back in.

These are the bugs I have found so far that I can recall. There are most likely others and I will be annoying and post them here as I find (or re-discover) them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ttyUSB0 ().

• Another quite annoying (to say the least) thing with the Android app is that it periodically freezes (the UI doesn't respond at all), this is also (as above) not clearly replicable but happens every now and then. Sometimes when returning from a subscreen (research for example) the whole UI get completely unresponsive, and the only way to get back in action is to terminate the app and restart it.
    Yet another thing that forces one to terminate and restart is loss of server connection, which can happen when setting a schedule for example when the grayed train logo will get stuck infinitely. You can also see that when entering messages, industries, cities etc where you get no avatars or data, and the only way to get'em back is to force restart.
  • More bugs:

• Never attempt to edit anything in the chat. You can backspace and replace, but tapping and trying to edit something is an instant crash.
    • Many times the keyboard is covering the chat entry box, so you can't see what you're typing.
    • If you are viewing the status of a competition when a train arrives in the city the goods that train was carrying vanish. The server has them, but the client never knows about them. You have to log out and log back in again before it will show those goods in your total.
    • It's horrendously slow. My phone is no slouch (8 core, 1.7GHz, 3GB RAM) yet it really is such a slow interface. Some buttons take multiple seconds to respond. Unacceptable in this day and age.
  • ttyUSB0 wrote:

More bugs:

• Never attempt to edit anything in the chat. You can backspace and replace, but tapping and trying to edit something is an instant crash.
    • Many times the keyboard is covering the chat entry box, so you can't see what you're typing.
    • If you are viewing the status of a competition when a train arrives in the city the goods that train was carrying vanish. The server has them, but the client never knows about them. You have to log out and log back in again before it will show those goods in your total.
    • It's horrendously slow. My phone is no slouch (8 core, 1.7GHz, 3GB RAM) yet it really is such a slow interface. Some buttons take multiple seconds to respond. Unacceptable in this day and age.

Hello ttyUSB0 and thank you for all this useful information! Your feedback has been forwarded now, and I'm sorry for these interface errors.