Compensation

• We were promised a suitable compensation for the outage on October 30th.

By now, the plus account was raised and we got a new feature called IDS_PLUS_FEATURE_13, whatever that may be, but still no compensation.

How much longer will that be? And what? Do we all get three mechanic vouchers or will it be actually worth something? Like instant upgrade buildings, a full bank account and some research points?

• Hello Malianteo :)

It's just as hardi10 said. People are back from holidays now, and we have an apology code for everyone

RNSORRY

That's the code ^^

And it comes with:
    3 Days +
    100 Gold
    3 Lottery tickets
    1 Coupon train
    2 Coupon track
    5 Boost
    1 Instant building

IDS_PLUS_FEATURE_13 is probably a placeholder for 2 lottery tickets (if those aren't mentioned yet in the PLUS Account description)

• In an earlier thread you promised us a great compensation. In the thread with the code you call it a small compensation. So when are you going to keep your word of earlier. Or are we just to be thankful for the pittance that you gave us. I am glad that I didn't buy gold yet today. I'll be holding off until I hear more of this.

• In an earlier thread you promised us a great compensation. In the thread with the code you call it a small compensation. So when are you going to keep your word of earlier. Or are we just to be thankful for the pittance that you gave us. I am glad that I didn't buy gold yet today. I'll be holding off until I hear more of this.

This compensation code is not account bound, so if you have avatars in more than one game world, or if you are starting a new game world - it's reusable there, once per avatar ^^

• thanks

• This compensation code is not account bound, so if you have avatars in more than one game world, or if you are starting a new game world - it's reusable there, once per avatar ^^

You fail to comprehend my statement. We were promised a GREAT compensation. You said it is a SMALL comensation. Small is considerably lesser than great. You have failed to keep that promise. What say you on this fact.

Here is the facebook post
    Dear gamers,
    unfortunately we at Travian Games are having big problems with our servers today, making Rail Nation and other games unreachable.
    Our technical team is working hard to get the servers back online as soon as possible. Unfortunately we can't give you an estimated time yet when the servers are back online, but we promise to do our best and will keep you posted.
    Of course, this failure today is extremely annoying for everyone. In the next few days we will give you all a suited large compensation.
    As you may have already seen in the emails - that unfortunately we could not stop anymore - a flash sale should take place today. As planned, this will be active until tomorrow 14 UTC+1, as soon as the login is possible again.
    Also, the new series for the Neptune will be credited to each of you for free.
    Servers that were supposed to start their endgames today will, as soon as the servers are back online, automatically start their endgames.
    With further current updates we will provide you here on Facebook.
    Best regards and we apologies for the inconvenience,
    Your Rail Nation Team

Suitable large compensation should be considerably greater than a "small compensation" which you gave us.
    Keep your word.

• Uuuh ... maybe there is a little misunderstanding coming up ... caused by "false friends". Maybe it helps to understand each other, when I try to explain.

"Great" is an English word, that is often translated to "gross" by Germans or to "groot" by Dutch people ... which means "big" or "large".
    So, if German or Dutch people read "there will be a great compensation" ... and then read "you get a small compensation", they might think, that contradicting. Hope that helps to understand each other a little bit better.

Drei Gruppen sagen immer die Wahrheit:

1. Kinder 2. Betrunkene 3. Jeder, der verdammt noch mal stinksauer ist.

• Many great things come in small packages.

The word 'small' here was not intended to make the RNSORRY code anything less than it is. It is just an expression, and we wanted to remain humble in the end - giving players the most suitable compensation in this situation. I hope you find use for the code.

I will put your feedback forward, so that we will be more careful with our words in the future.

• Seems like the communication problem.

Samisu expresses RN humility, we, the players express our frustrations with clearly inadequate servers, huge amounts of bugs, packaged with 50% increase of cost of basic play and a meagre compensation from RN after leaving us in the dark for almost a day.

• In this case i'm with zodeseeker and lord Ocryd. First it is extremely rude to talk down to people about the different meanings an english word like 'great'' has. Great can be big but can also mean something that is wonderfull. The compensation RNSORRY is neither. It's a pittance compared to the inconvenience that occured. The compensation is just slightly bigger than a regular bonus like in this case the RNMOON halloween bonus.
    To name some 'small inconveniences:
    1 Lost opportunities to score medal/careerpoints
    2 We can't all be on all day so some of us weren't on when the servers did come back and so lost another night or day.
    3 Full banks, research points maxed out, stationbonuses maxed all because no rollback
    4 point already made but people with work or other daily chores were put at a disadvantages compared to someone like me
    who had the lucky opportunity to try and log every 10 minutes.
    5 Endgames, RN's statement, they will start right back up as soon as servers are back online. Thats a joke right. Endgames
    were the PP are scored. by letting them continue without taking in to account that it was unknown when the servers were back online
    is very customer unfriendly
    6 the plus account thing, some people need to run competitions to make gold, no server no gold, hence no cheaper plus account.
    I can make this list endless (ex. cities about to level just before going offline :-( )
    Wether defined as great or small, this compensation was peanuts (that means insufficient) compared to the lenght of the break down and
    its consequences.

Kind Regards, a disappointed player on Kolenkast-NL