com101 rocky mountains maintenance bug adobe flash

• The server has just finished maintenance and when I try to enter I receive an error that rail nation needs adobe flash to play, well dur, I have been playing it with flash, anyhow, when i click the link to down load flash it is in a foreign language that I do not understand. But I do see the version number of adobe flash trying to install, and it is the same version that my PC updated to yesterday.

• Hi 0ugg0

I just had the same problem. but instead of downloading adobe flash again i just set my browser to allow flash for this site. Then it worked again.
    I often have this problem when something changes with either RN or the browser..

In my experience it is enough to update your browser to allow flash.

• Alright, thank you for the information - I'll ask around if someone knows what's going on with Opera.

One thing you could try is to open the game in incognito window. Or try another browser.

If you have Chrome(another browser) in use, can you play with that and contact game support regarding Opera?

• Found it!

With the latest update of Opera to version 49.0.2725.34 (PGO), it is no longer possible to play RN without changing some settings.
    Without those settings the game will ask you to download the Flash plugin but it actually doesn't help.

In order to fix this, you have to add an exception to the flash settings in Opera.

1. click on Menu and navigate to "Settings" or use the keyboard combination ALT+P
    2. navigate to the category "Websites" and then to "Flash"
    3. click on "Manage exception..."
    4. here you can either add a single server you want to allow the usage of Flash or a complete domain.

for example, if you want to allow a single server, just write the server URL: s1.rail-nation.com or s2.railnation.de, etc.

in case you want to allow the complete domain, type the following: [*.]railnation.de or [*.]rail-nation.com, etc

• I made a ticket in support before seeing your latest reply. I also tried chrome and had the same problem, then I tried firefox and worked as it should, going to try to add the exception to opera now, as that is my prefered gaming browser

• I'm still having trouble with opera 49 and i updated flash, went to setting-flash exceptions and have both of these paths entered there but still cannot get past need to install flash. What is not right here? Irritated!

s101.rail-nation.com
    [*.]rail-nation.com

• I'm still having trouble with opera 49 and i updated flash, went to setting-flash exceptions and have both of these paths entered there but still cannot get past need to install flash. What is not right here? Irritated!

s101.rail-nation.com
    [*.]rail-nation.com

When you add this to your list excluded the [] from around the asterisk. It would also help if all the worlds URLs followed a consistent naming schema... HINT HINT DEVS!
    you couls also try adding the full site URL for each world you have such as

• Does someone still have issues with downloading Flash / approving Flash?

On Chrome when the game world was updated, the screen may ask you to download Flash - and when you click 'download', it will just give you another pop up asking to approve Flash. No actual downloading needed, just approval - or that's how it works in my case.

• I have not tried any new worlds recently, but it was more than just the approval pop-up for me, I had to manually add exceptions for the URLS. FYI - I work in server administration, so i am pretty confident it was not PEBCAK (problem exists between chair and keyboard). I will try to join a random world later today and update this thread.