Pre-registration FAQ - A New Feature

• Dear players,

In Update 4.4.0, we focus on the support of a core element of Rail Nation. We want to strengthen the community spirit and cohesion of associations – including beyond the current game round.

Until now, associations would fall apart at the end of a game round and would have to be regrouped after the server restarts. This required extensive communication and a couple of days would easily pass before the seasoned group came together again. With the new pre-registration feature, we want to make organising associations easier!

How does pre-registration work?
    Pre-registration is unlocked during the endgame. From that moment, you and your association can sign up for the next round of the server. So, you see who’ll be onboard straight away.

Pre-registration not only reserves you a spot in your association, it also allows you to already select a home city. You don’t need to start in the same city as the other association members. But doing so makes sense, as this would save you from having to coordinate ‘wings’ (temporary associations) in the new round. You also avoid the overcrowding of cities and no longer have to wait until late arrivals have built their tracks to reach you.

FAQ

Question:
    Is this a free feature or does it cost gold per member?
    Answer:
    The pre-registration is free.

Question:
    How do I pre-register?
    Answer:
    Just like with the starter package, there will be an icon (with a pencil) in the upper right corner. After you tap on the icon, you will get to the pre-registration window. This icon only appears during the endgame.

Question:
    My corporation / association consists of 25 members, but only 22 want to pre-register. Is this possible or is it just for the entire association?
    Answer:
    There is no minimum for pre-registration. So if you only have 22 pre-registrations you will start as a company with 22 members. For the missing three members, the headquarters must be expanded as usual.

Question:
    What’s the maximum size a pre-registered association can have?
    Answer:
    The size of the association depends on the number of players who have pre-registered. For example, if 15 players pre-register, you save part of the headquarters upgrades and begin the game with 15 members.

Question:
    What about the distribution of players at the start of a round?
    Answer:
    Basically, there is no change and the overfill rule still applies. But only players who are actually registered on the server are counted. E.g. if 100 players are pre-registered for Cologne, a non-pre-registered player can still choose Cologne, if he is fast enough and the pre-registered are not yet on the server.

Question:
    Why can‘t I pre-register my association in my desired city?
    Answer:
    Even with the pre-registration the game tries to balance the distribution of players. If you can not choose your favourite city for the association, you may wait a little longer with the pre-registration. But since you already have this information at the end of the gameround, you can better prepare and plan for it with the entire association.

Question:
    Can I leave the corporation / association after the server starts?
    Answer:
    Nothing changes in the functions of the association, so it is still possible to leave the association at any time.

Question:
    If I pre-register myself, but skip the next round, is the reservation still valid for the round?
    Answer:
    No, it's just a preparation for the following round. So if you skip a round, you have to apply to the association as normal.

Question:
    How long is my spot in the association reserved for?
    Answer:
    You’ll have to log into the new game world within the first three days to automatically join the association. After that time, the slots will be released again. So, make sure to advertise your association and start looking for new players for the next round!

Question:
    What happens to the task "headquarter donation" in the tutorial, when I can no longer donate?
    Answer:
    The task is automatically considered done.

Question:
    What happens to the medals for the headquarter expansion if it is already expanded?
    Answer:
    The medal 'In good company' (belonging to an association with X members) will immediately be unlocked. The medal 'donor' (donate X times to the headquarter) won‘t, because no donation was made.

Question:
    What happens to the headquarter donation voucher in the lottery, which you no longer need in a fully expanded association?
    Answer:
    There is no change here as vouchers are limited to one at a time.

Question:
    The company is already full and the further expansion of the headquarters is too hard for era 1. However, new members can not be recruited. Can‘t the prices for the expansion be adjusted accordingly?
    Answer:
    If you start with a larger association right from the start, the expansion of the headquarter is obviously more expensive. But at the same time, if the cost of the next level is too high, it means that you have benefited a lot from the pre-registration. With a bit of playing time, you will have more money to spend and expand your association again.

Question:
    On my game world, there are associations with way more members and therefore they are stronger. Will there be only those big associations on my server now?
    Answer:
    One of our goals with this feature is to encourage associations and players to become more involved in teamwork. If you definitely want to be at the top of the leaderboard, you may be inferior with a small association at first. Then you should quickly increase and strengthen your team. But there are also associations that purposely and successfully play with fewer members.

Question:
    Who is going to be the chief/chair if the existing chief is not the first one to register in the new world?
    Answer:
    A deputy with the highest position will be a temporary leader - until the original chief joins the game. This deputy chief has limited functions for three days, after which all the rights of a normal chief are passed down to him / her.

Question:
    When a player from an association chooses a city, will this city automatically be the hometown of the association headquarter?
    Answer:
    The association keeps its original hometown regardless what city the association members chose. So if the association was located on the original server in Cologne, headquarters will be in Cologne again.

Question:
    Can the chairman change the location of the association headquarter later on?
    Answer:
    Yes.

Question:
    Can association members choose any city, regardless where the headquarter of the association is located?
    Answer:
    Yes.

Question:
    Can the chairman change the location of the headquarters when e.g. the desired city is crowded/full and becomes available later on?
    Answer:
    It is not the chairman who can change that, but the first player of the association that pre-registered.
    Scenario:

- First player of the association chooses Cologne because Munich was crowded.
    - Cologne is reserved and all association members can come to Cologne
    - Suddenly Munich is available again
    - the player that registered first for the association changes the location of the headquarters into Munich
    - now all association members can move to Munich
    - however they can also stay in Cologne if they wish

Question:
    When the desired city is crowded and later on it isn’t anymore, can just a random association member register there so that the whole association can choose that city afterwards?
    Answer:
    No. Only the player that first pre-registered can make a city reservation.

Question:
    Does the chairman have any possibilities to influence the pre-registration of his association members? E.g. to ban certain players from registering for their own association?
    Answer:
    No, all members of an association are always entitled to pre-register.

Question:
    Does the pre-registration also work when logged in via Facebook?
    Answer:
    Yes

Question:
    How about the weekly changing Facebook bonus / the bonus you get when you register via CRM?
    Answer:
    The bonus from FB and CRM will be credited normally

Question:
    In advance there was some miscommunication regarding cities that were crowded/full. Before the pre-register feature only 100 players could register in one city, after that they had to switch to another.
    Answer:
    It is not about 100 players per city. It is always a percentage. The value of it varies from server to server.

Question:
    Now the rule regarding crowded cities is active twice; one time with the pre-registration and a second time with the direct registration. E.g. When 100 players pre-register for Cologne other not pre-registered players can also choose Cologne when they are fast enough and the pre-registered players haven’t logged on to the server yet. Is this correct?
    Answer:
    Yes that is correct. When because of the pre-registration the maximum number of players of a city have been reached, a not pre-registered player can still choose that crowded city when pre-registered players haven’t logged in yet.

Happy pre-registered hauling everyone o/

Your Rail Nation team

• Why does any random player who just happens to pre-register first get to choose the home city?

This should not be allowed, it should be the chairman (and or deputies) only!

In short, the home city should be set as default to the current home city and only be allowed to be changed by the leadership of a corp, not just any random player. Why? Because it is the leadership that decides in which city the next round is going to be played.

This is not decided by the players and a player not aware of changing plans or who doesn't have the best interest of the corp in mind can just pre-register first and change the selected home city for everyone? Why was this done this way? It makes no sense at all!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Why does any random player who just happens to pre-register first get to choose the home city?

This should not be allowed, it should be the chairman (and or deputies) only!

In short, the home city should be set as default to the current home city and only be allowed to be changed by the leadership of a corp, not just any random player. Why? Because it is the leadership that decides in which city the next round is going to be played.

This is not decided by the players and a player not aware of changing plans or who doesn't have the best interest of the corp in mind can just pre-register first and change the selected home city for everyone? Why was this done this way? It makes no sense at all!

Can't you change it back?

• I can see some of the reasons being:

• All players have the same rights, all players can pick any starting city.
    • First player to pre-register has the highest chance to get the right city picked that the association wants. If the chair is unavailable, this chance may be missed.
    • The members in the association can discuss where to start the next round, at any time before the pre-registration starts.
    • Associations pick their members, and if they happen to pick someone who is there just to pick a wrong starting city ...well that's on the HR policy of the association.
    • Starting city can be changed if someone picked a wrong one, as long as you are in contact with that player.
    • Default starting city would mean certain associations would always hold the same cities by default. That's not really an option imo.
  • Olympic Earl

No, you can't change it back. The player that registered first would have to change it, and all following players who followed the first pre-registered player and therefore chose the wrong city automatically would have to change their pre-registration as well.

Samisu , I'm sorry, but all these complications just because "the chair might be unavailable"?

This still makes no sense. The pre-registration period is during the end game!!! If the chair is unavailable during that time, the entire corp will probably be unavailable for the next round. I can understand if you don't want to leave it all up to 1 person, but at least allow only the chair and / or deputies to choose the starting city of the corp.

Normal players are usually just not involved in those discussions and decisions. Yes, they can still choose their own city but they should never be allowed to choose the city for everyone else. It's a mistake waiting to happen, and I'm sure it already has.

Furthermore, this is all a distraction if you need to have 'corp-wide' meetings and discussions about the next round while the End Game is going on. These decisions have already been taken long ago probably so all that needs to happen is for a leader to pre-register first and all is done. Why complicate things and leave this open for a saboteur or for a player who just doesn't understand what is going on? You create only a big mess, confusion and probably some dirty tactics this way.

• Furthermore, this is all a distraction if you need to have 'corp-wide' meetings and discussions about the next round while the End Game is going on. These decisions have already been taken long ago probably so all that needs to happen is for a leader to pre-register first and all is done. Why complicate things and leave this open for a saboteur or for a player who just doesn't understand what is going on? You create only a big mess, confusion and probably some dirty tactics this way.

This discussion jou can have before the endgame starts. At least that's how we do it. And I'm speaking of multiple servers and different associations.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Yes, of course. We do it that way as well. My point and my question is, why then still allow any player to change / choose the starting city for the whole corp? If you already had the discussion and made the decision, do not allow someone to change it for everyone! This causes unnecessary confusion and trouble. Now it's a race to see if the chair can beat their own players to the pre-registration first in order to make sure a wrong entry is avoided. It is pointless and silly and unnecessary.

• It is as easy as the president of an association being the only one to choose the city of the next round. As long as he does not choose it, the rest of the players will not be able to pre-register.

If a player does not want to go to that city, they leave the association during the pre-registration period and choose the one they want.

I take the opportunity to say that this pre-registration screen could have a lot of weight with other possibilities to introduce, such as being able to add / remove players from an association, fit the avatar from female to male or from male to female.

• Everybody should be free to choose any city to play.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• And they are. But if he is in an association, the President has command

No, not everybody is free to choose. If somebody of an association makes the pre-registration in the most cases a city is immediately overcrowded.

• That a city is overcrowded is a theme of the game, which I also believe already controls it. Another thing is the election of a city by whom it must do so within an association, which should be the President.

But I will not argue. You think one thing and I think another.

• That a city is overcrowded is a theme of the game, which I also believe already controls it. Another thing is the election of a city by whom it must do so within an association, which should be the President.

But I will not argue. You think one thing and I think another.

We discuss with our entire association if we move city where we move to, that kind of descisions we make with all our members. We play democratic. With the pre-register the first one who registers choosed the agreed city, if it is a player, deputy or chair. Because of the rule at the moment, if the chair of an association can't pre-register at the start of the endgame but e.g. 6 hours later, the chosen city might be overcrowded because others registerd there.

I mean with everybody should be free to choose city both ways.