Support

Tutorial Awards

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Tutorial Awards

Having tried several servers I find I have been given conflicting advice regarding following teh Tutorial.

Various advisors suggest running teh full tutorial as a total newbie, or the partial tutorial.... opting to complete the tutorial challenges in my own order.

As a result of this experience I have noticed there appears to be an inconsistancy in the awards given. What I would like ot know is .... Is that inconsistancy due to bugs; random awards; or teh actual form of tutorial I have taken?

My particular problem is that I have been expecting HQ investment vouchers when none has been awarded. When I sent a ticket on this matter I was assured that I had been awarded all the relevant rewards for the tasks I had undertaken. Another player waws given an equally possbly ambiguous statement to his ticket a few days later.

At first I took it for granted that the reply meant I had been given the HQ award and used it. However, with Pre-Reg teh HQ Award is a vital award to get in the first stages when most players will still be counting their daily profits in k' rather than M's, and a good sized Assoc will enter the game with HQ fees around 7M.

Please clarify this matter. Let us see a list of awards that ALL tutorials give. Please also state any random awards ajnd their possibilities when they are awarded as part of the tutorial.

If teh awards vary according to the server, please give a list for each possible variation and which server each list applies to. In fact for any variance other than random awards please state any variable critereia that might cause us not to get a particular award.
  • Hi hi,

the information on *tutorial tasks might be a bit dated, so it's probably best to create a completely new guide with prizes and all. Might take a while, and other players could help with data gathering ;) The in-game tutorial overview is enough in my opinion though and possible issues with prizes can be handled with game support.

*I'm not completely sure if you meant the simple tutorial that you can skip in order to open all game features, or the task giver with a lengthy list of quests from different modules? What if beginners get these two mixed and that would explain different rewards? Tasks and reward come in the same package, so there's no random prize generator or anything like that. The order of tasks can differ from scenario to scenario / module to module of course.

If you feel like support could check your HQ investment voucher case for a second time, please contact support or admin@rail-nation.com or admin@railnation.us
  • My whole point is that the information available appears either innacurate or not informative enough.

Why can't we have an explanation like I asked for? If there are anomolies, we deserve to be told what they are.

I agree that a new guide would be useful but it won't answer my question. We should not be experiencing different awards when we try to follow teh tutorial [other than the random awards]

Hopefully some other players will come into this thread and give their experiences.

As to your question. I do mean BOTH forms of Tutorial. If one delivers one set of awards adn the other delivers a different set, we need to be told what awards are applicable to each form of tutorial. How else can we value the two forms of Tutorial?

I for one do not wish to have to raise a ticket with Support to get replies that require further questions.

If there is no variation in the awards given for Tutorial tasks, then we need to know which tasks are available in teh short form of the Tutorial. We should not have to guess. Nor should we need to guess when awards are randomised but within a range. e.g. Often 30 Gold is paid as an award at one point in th e tutorial butIhave also been given a pitiful amount of cash instead. Should Ihave raised a ticket for that? How can I know if you don't publish a list that where players can see what should have been given?

Now just to make this perfectly clear....

1] imho the in-game Tutorial is NOT sufficient as it does NOT provide us with a list of the possible awards. And myself and other players have seen anomolies though we usually don't bother raising the matter with Support.

2] Nor does it tell us what happened to Tutorial taskss that have been changed in some way by teh Pre Reg process.

3] Nor does it tell us what awards are missing from teh short version of teh Tutorial

4] You raise teh question of beginners getting confused. Are you saying it isbetter to confuse EVERYONE not just the beginners? for that is the current state.

5] You say the order of tasks can vary. So why not tell us if completing say... task 5 before task 2 would stop an awardd or change it?

6] This in no way should be made an issue for player to 'data gather' That leaves us still guessing!

7] Your reply fails to provide an answer on the HQ voucher matter. Why?

Please either reply properly to my post or pass it on to someone who will. If you feel that Support should answer this then let them do so here, where we all can see the answer. Surely there is no problem in producing such a list if the tasks are consistantly given and consistantly awarded. If youare implying that the tasks vary across the servers then we shoujld be told as the advice available from RN and other players can only be accurtate if we know the differences.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mmmcheesywaffles: typos and more points, as I re-read samisu's reply and saw there were points not answered, and answers that raise more issues. ().

• To anyone reading this thread :engine1:

Tutorials have been designed to be balanced, and there are no random rewards. Tutorial will give player a task, you complete it and then you get a set reward. If for some reason you get a wrong reward or no reward at all, then it's best to contact game support and explain what's missing. They are able to check how your tutorial is progressing and is there a bug or other possible issues that can be fixed. Game support handles game account related issues that can't be solved here on forum, and the previously mentioned emails are useful if player feels like game support gave an unsatisfactory answer.

If there are changes in tutorials, these changes will be mentioned in changelogs here on forum: Changelogs (these changes can be bug fixes or other improvements)

How pre-registration affects tasks? Pre-registration FAQ - A New Feature

I'm afraid I don't have a list of all the tutorial tasks and awards from each scenario, but I still feel it's important to mention here that the tutorial tasks are not random and neither are rewards.

If more players feel like in-game tutorials and task descriptions are not enough or if someone has ideas how to make tutorials better, I'd be happy to collect all feedback and forward it.
  • Thank you Samisu. It's a partial answer at least.

However, in order to know which awards should be received we still need some specifics.

1] What awards can be won in each scenario, for what action. Your reply says they are different so we still need to know.Icouldn't care less why the difference is there, however, I do want to know what the different awards adn tasks are.

2] In the HQ section of the Pre Reg FAQ the voucher question is not answered.

"Question:
    What happens to the headquarter donation voucher in the lottery, which you no longer need in a fully expanded association?
    Answer:
    There is no change here as vouchers are limited to one at a time."

I know of at least two people who complained that they did not get teh expected HQ voucher despite their Assoc being Pre Registered at less than max. Quite frankly the reply to the question in teh FAQ does not even reply properly to that question. Perhaps something was lost in the translation to English? Does it mean that we all should have received a HQ voucher? Certainly they remian useful in teh game if we ever need to change Assoc.Something many do in teh last Era before EG.

I have not suggested that ingame tutorials and task descriptions are insufficient....that wouldonly have been true if teh awards are random, which you have now assured us is not true.

What I am saying is that....

3] We need to have a checklist of some description to compare the award we are getting with teh one we are supposed to get for the task.

4] We also need to have some way of knowing what tasks will not appear if we fail to do them in the correct order. As implied in your earlier post. Otherwise this forms a randomisation.

5] We need to know what tasks and awards will not appear if we take teh short tutorial option. Without that info our expectations can be wrong

Without this information we are left guessing. Is it really so difficult to reply fully to this question?

As to other players. I must admit my disappointment that those I have seen post comments elswhere in chat have not joined in to support my questions. I only tackled this matter so extensivley as I was fed up reading comments from others that appear to contrict each other. Also two of Supports replies appeared ambiguous. They were not clear responses. ie in my question about the HQ voucher Iwas assured Ihad been given all relevant awards. Itook that to mean Ihad been awarded a voucher and used it witout realising my Assoc had grown again. But it could also mean that I did not get the HQ voucher for some reason. My Assoc was not full sized at Pre-Reg.

I have seen posts stating the random nature of awards, ie a Gold award rather than a Free Engine. Ihave experieinced variations in amounts of Gold awards. I have also seen posts advising that there is no differences between the two forms of Tutorial. It is good to see your definitive statement covering the aparrent random awards. It therefore would seem that some errors are happening and probably not getting reported as teh players think they got a random reward.

I hope now that some other players will also support my question. Meanwhile I will tackle any suspected errors with Support and will make sure I get a non ambiguoous reply.
  • The rewards are not clearly set or balanced, we had 18 folks come on this round in Crankshaft and only 2 of the 18 were awarded the HQ voucher, in our case that’s a 7.5 mil reward in RN money . . .that is a huge discrepancy and huge mistake, it’s completely unbalanced, how could only 2 of 18 receive this????

how about RN employees do the test, run the tutorials . .. it’s your job, not employees to fix,
  • Thank you RJ Anderson.

What must also be recognised is that 7.5M in Era 1 is a huge amount many players will not see until at least Era 2. It would require the Bank to be Levelled to 15 [Without vouchers and Plus. This severely limits the growth of Associations that have Pre Registered at less than Max allowed players. It means Assocs will not want newbies. Nor will they want players registering then just serrvicing trains for a few days. At best it damages gameplay, at worst it means Assocs will have to exclude many players if they hope to form strong teams. This mena less nurturing of promising new players as Assocs will not be able to risk the damage if those players do not get an HQ voucher.

THis matter needs referred back to RN. If they need us to raise tickets on teh issue we need to know what information they require adn when they need us to raise a ticket. There is no point clogging up teh Support post with superfluous tickets if they know the issues and they are already on teh buglist.
  • Tutorial differences between scenarios come with the scenario. USA has no passenger engines, SoE asks you to invest into a landmark etc. The rest of the tutorial tasks are the same after these scenario related tasks.

"Question:
    What happens to the headquarter donation voucher in the lottery, which you no longer need in a fully expanded association?
    Answer:
    There is no change here as vouchers are limited to one at a time." (if you have a voucher but HQ is fully expanded, you won't get another donation voucher. If you do not have a HQ voucher and HQ is fully upgraded - then you might get the coupon from lottery)

Players will get the HQ donation coupon after bidding on a worker (task). Pre-registration should not be affecting this at all. If someone did not get a HQ coupon even if they were supposed to, then there's a good reason to contact game support and ask them to check it out.

And back to tutorials. There's the William's tutorial for complete beginners that will open game features as you go. It's a short one and you can skip it to gain all the rewards at once. Then we have Lucy's tasks with chapters, and some call this a tutorial as well. This has caused mix ups because players are talking of two different things with the same name 'tutorial', and it's natural that rewards seem to differ then.

Lucy's tasks also have different chapters, so the order of tasks is for everyone to decide by themselves. This can also cause players to talk of different tasks vs rewards.

Lucy's tasks give rewards even if you do those in a different order - rewards will not be skipped nor will they be changed. When it's time for the task you've already completed, you will just get 'completed' notice instead of the task and you can pick the reward then.
  • R J Anderson wrote:

The rewards are not clearly set or balanced, we had 18 folks come on this round in Crankshaft and only 2 of the 18 were awarded the HQ voucher, in our case that’s a 7.5 mil reward in RN money . . .that is a huge discrepancy and huge mistake, it’s completely unbalanced, how could only 2 of 18 receive this????

how about RN employees do the test, run the tutorials . .. it’s your job, not employees to fix,
    Crankshaft is classic-szenario, right?

on classic there is still the "old" tutorial and there is no HQ-voucher in it!
    (the two with the HQ-voucher must have started with the mobile version (which already has the new tutorial))

new tutorial is on US- and on SoE-szenario and on any szenario started with the app (mobile version)

SoE-tasks (in german)
    new classic tasks (when you first log in via app/mobile device)

old /normal classic tasks

(all in german, sry/ we just collected it from the game)You get a list at 'task overview'
    (sry, I do not have a picture for classic (this is from US-szenario; SoE is the same))

Samisu wrote:

The rest of the tutorial tasks are the same after these scenario related tasks.
    this will be in the future when the new classic GUI is on the live server; right now there are two versions, as I wrote at the beginning: the classic version and the US-/SoE-/mobile version

The post was edited 2 times, last by hardi10 ().

• This still leaves us in a bewildered mess!

Despite your effort to reply Samisu we are still no better informed. As It hink about the servers about to restart I simply cannot tell which tutorial option I need to go for, to make sure I get an HQ voucher. Or, if I will be able to get one!.

Please have this mess sorted out.

As it stands teh HQ voucher and Pre-Reg make it that large Assocs appear to be at a dsiadvantage if their players opt wrongly. This is too confusing. A simple list of when we get the award adn when we don't would at least resolve the issue for us. For those players in scenarios where a voucher is a part of the Tutorial.

How else are we to know if our lack of voucher is due to an actual error? Do we all have to raise a ticket just to see if we SHOULD have got one? Will be be compensated for makiong teh 'wrong' choice' in out ignorance of the best option to take?

Telling us that tutorial differences come with the scenario does seem both obvious and spurious. ALL the scenarios have Associations. ALL the scenarios get HQ upgrade vouchers one way or another. In fairness that means ALL players should be entitled to an HQ upgrade voucher to help those Assocs that are near full but have not taken all their players into the new round.

OR we should be properly told which option s WE need to take in order to get an HQ upgrade voucher.

If you guys can't tell us then how on earth does Support reply correctly to our tickets? Are they guessing? If there is no guess work for Support then there should equially be no guessworkl for us players. Surely all it takes is for sdomeone with access to those Support protocols to write down the options that DO provide an HQ voucher and those that do not THEN add the relelvant scenario detail outlining which scenarions do NOT get the voucher other than through a random ticket.
    • you will get an HQ upgrade voucher on any SoE- and US- szenario (no matter if pre-registered, beginner tut, expert tut or sth else)
    • you will get an HQ upgrede voucher if you start (first registration) a Classic world with the App (also no limitation with pre-registration or sth. else) (keep in mind that you can only fulfill the tut steps via App, not with the browser version)
    • you will NOT get the HQ voucher if you start a Classic world with the 'normal' browser version (because then you are in the old tutorial which has no HQ voucher (never had))
  • mmmcheesywaffles wrote:

Telling us that tutorial differences come with the scenario does seem both obvious and spurious. ALL the scenarios have Associations. ALL the scenarios get HQ upgrade vouchers one way or another. In fairness that means ALL players should be entitled to an HQ upgrade voucher to help those Assocs that are near full but have not taken all their players into the new round.

OR we should be properly told which option s WE need to take in order to get an HQ upgrade voucher.
    I'm so with Cheesy on this on. It's very unfair RN that I don't get a voucher because I play Classic on PC and not on mobile. I want a HQ voucher!
  • Thank you for the support J A

hardi10 thank you for giving aclear answer. I am disgusted that a player needed to reply on this issue. No insult intended to Samisu either. This issue needs dealt with properly by teh RN team. A resolution should have been offered as soon as I raised the issue. After all I have beeen playing this game only a few months and surely more experienced players within the team saw this issue arise? Also whilst youhave listed the basic criteria, we don't know if teh HQ voucher is the only issue. Really I am surprised that teh Pre-Reg coding was passed without this issue arising adn getting dealt with at the same time. It should have been.

Differences in scenario such as teh preesence or absence of a Landamark clearly can be awarded uniquley but only if teh scenario has a Landmark.

So please now resolve it fairly. Also look for any other possible anomilies and resolve them too.
  • mmmcheesywaffles wrote:

Really I am surprised that teh Pre-Reg coding was passed without this issue arising adn getting dealt with at the same time. It should have been.
    The whole problem has nothing to do with the pre-register 'thing'.

Classic is still running on an older code base (with a different tutorial). This will be 'fixed' in the near furture, I guess. (new version is on PTR-server for quite a while; masters was already on new code) (US- szenaro was running on a much older code until it was upgraded to the new one last october?(not 100% sure about october, but it was in the 2nd half of 2017))

There was a point where Travian/BF decided to develope a new code base because the old one was not 'repairable' any more. So they started with the APP (which was already finished as 'multi platform version') and converted it step by step to the other scenarios; first the SoE followed by US and Classic will be ready in a few weeks (I hope)
  • The reason I mention the Pre-REg code isthat during development someone has played that new code as part of teh game. They will have no doubt played the Tutorial in each known format.

Therefore any playability type issues should have arisen and been seen by those no doubt highly expereienced players who should have realised teh impact the lack of a voucher would have on a Pre-Registered Assoc.

So yes it absolutely has to do with teh updates to any programming that includeds EITHER Pre-Registration OR HQ

That Classic did not have a voucher was less importatn when teh size of an HQ was so limited by other factors in teh start of a new round. Pre Reg has radically altered that element of teh game and as such teh clear lack of balance introduced by this missing award should have been addressed.

Ican even suggest a 'fix' for this.

For players playing Classic on a PC Browser we could be given a bonus code that enables an HQ voucher that must be used within parameters that do control the balance. The code would not work on any scenario other thanone that has been unbalanced by this failure to treat players equally just becasue of their choice of Browser or App.
  • Still, I only had the facts from Hardi10, for which I thank you. But I have heard no argument at all why there is a difference. The older code can't be a reason. That only shows there is an unfair difference. The question is why RN chooses to keep the difference.

RN, why do you willingly and knowingly let an unfair difference exist? And why not do a quick and easy fix, like Cheesy suggests?
  • I have to go along with Cheesy and Jay on this one,,,, Those of us who play on PC's are being penalised regarding rewards as Lucy has more tasks.... As we didn't know until this thread that it was possible to do the Lucy tasks on classic by using the app then we are now totally disadvantaged.... A good number of Associations members will be unable to donate towards HQ's for quite some time as they play on PC's..
  • Well, it is not considered an "issue" for them I think.

I contacted the support in September regarding a problem for my tutorial and they told me about the 2 tutorials, depending on the platform you start the game with. So it is a well known case, and since the new layout will resolve it, you will not see any "fix" before the new layout is implemented.

I would not say that the mobile start is unbalanced compared to the computer one however. You forget that the computer start has a 250'000$ gift after getting your first license, in other words a free level 5 engine station. I call that a pretty good start also.^^

I did not try to take notes on both tutorials, but I am pretty sure that both are viable options, just not for the same kind of players. A very active one for example will get a HQ voucher very easily in the lotery, so he might prefer the PC tutorial. (hypothetical as I didn't do that one for a while, not playing on classic anymore).
    Fr-201 Bad Wolf
  • Assuming you are correct and other imbalances exist then we should be told about them. Furthermore regardless of any updates such imbalances are already very easy to fix through the Bonus Code system. There is no justificatrion in waiting for the upgrade UI to roll out across all servers. Even if it does fix teh issue, which you have no weay of knowing if it will. You cannot speak for RN.

A week without a reply is at best diirespectful to those of us who raised teh issue and teh many more who silently watch to see how this issue is resolved.

You personally may find that acceptable treatment, I do not.

Since first raising teh issue in a ticket to Support and then in teh Forum Ihave had ambiguous replies as though nobody wants to expose teh issue. Well it is exposed now. It needs fixed long term adn short term.