• Congratulations on your Sisyphean end-game. If the erstwhile king of Corinth was given a choice between his eternal rock and a Rail Nation Endgame, a pound to a penny says he would choose the rock.

It is about time that something was done to add a little excitement and end the current preordained winner which leaves the few remaining, occupied megacities to jostle half-heartedly for second, third or fourth place.

It would be intersting to know if others have some suggestions to fix these two problems.

My suggestions:

1. Reduce the required goods card to 6 or 8 goods and replace each goods immediately it's quota is filled. (This should also make it slightly harder for spoilers to ruin the end-game.)

2. For the endgame only, calculate consumption using the number of active players who have the city selected as home rather than the number of players connected to the city.

• You have a point Rhoswen.

Your suggestion for filling compleated EG on the cards does indeed look like it may work. It would make it hard for players to log on; take note of teh EG, and haul off-call at teh cost of those players who probably fought hard to get the City levelled.

Your second point I find harder to accept. I would prefer to see the consumption consistant. However, 'invading ' players might be given a penalty causing their prestige to be lower per haul than those who fought to level the City, or were otherwise affilliated with it..

By affilliation I mean that teams could 'authorise' thier players to get full prestige during teh EG. This would allow for multiple teams fighting to level a few cities and choosing the 'Winner' by agreement amongst themselves. So players who fought hard for one of the team's cities could still be included in teh full prestige gain whilst rogue players who have not contributed are penalised.

• 1. Reduce the required goods card to 6 or 8 goods and replace each goods immediately it's quota is filled. (This should also make it slightly harder for spoilers to ruin the end-game.)

2. For the endgame only, calculate consumption using the number of active players who have the city selected as home rather than the number of players connected to the city.

1. Used to be like that.Was rather boring,the new good in would always(nearly) be the online call and that is it.

As for spoilers that ruin end-games...you already get five million instant dispatch thingies,hydras if you run out of them and nowadays trains are forced to finish their schedules and its pretty hard to spoil 12 goods 24/7.There is nearly nothing anyone can do to sabotage a endgame anymore...and because its a competition sabotage should be part of it and frankly we could use with some more options for it.Getting a chance to retaliate those nasty bullies that have been bugging you for 6 eras etc.In example in trucknation we got to notify police about smuggling; potentially decreasing income of other associations/players/cities and in railnation i for one would like to notify the labour union the people in the car factory of city x are overworked =O

2. So if everyone from my city sets your city as homecity my city wins easily?

Seriously though isn't hiding a cities endgame intent part of the game if you can't take the heat of a high profile city?

Allthough i think the best of the best should always be on top.Rank 1 from day one to 48/48(49/49).With 1 exception...if your asso/corp can have the rank 1 city and the rank 10 city in the endgame,it is pretty sweet to finish goods in the rank 1 city untill you can start in the rank 10 city for a easy win :D

• Heh.

Every time I read your nameplate, I see Evil Eve. After your last response, I know I am reading it correctly. :P

Surely, being the best of the best, you don't need no stinkin government beaurocrat to punish the little Napoleons who sprout up all over the map.

I agree, the 'spoilers' are the only thing that gives skilled cities a chance to beat the brute force cities. They also give diplomacy and being a good human being a competitive advantage, which I personally like to see.

As we have discussed before, the biggest threat to Rail Nation on the server we share is everyone getting together and agreeing what city they were going to play for. The first time I quit playing was after the endgame city had fully one third of all players in game hauling for it at endgame.

This just in, that city won easily.

On your other topic though, I am curious which is the bigger threat to the game. On the server we share, the little Napoleans have basically lost all power as free ranging corps dominate the top 5 associations meaning anyone looking for a fight, will get one, and lose.

Yet, when you come to the forum, it is always dominated by little Napoleans complaining about how players need to be forced to follow their orders because it is too hard to win otherwise.

Would the game die if the little Napoleans realized the devs would never give them total control? Would the game die if the devs DID give them total control?

• "Every time I read your nameplate, I see Evil Eve. After your last response, I know I am reading it correctly. "

Before i figured out these digits where arab i was so confused why they would mirror themself on the forum compared to ingame.Last time i steal what i think is a font ;-)

"They also give diplomacy and being a good human being a competitive advantage, which I personally like to see."

Yeah indeed,eventhough those gestures can be seen in the wrong light it is alot better then pestering less active players.And the majority will see your actions in the right light anyway.

"As we have discussed before, the biggest threat to Rail Nation on the server we share is everyone getting together and agreeing what city they were going to play for. The first time I quit playing was after the endgame city had fully one third of all players in game hauling for it at endgame."

Yeah that is pretty boring,same goes for people always starting in the same city round after round.What concerns me more is the trading of city flips though.They don't even pretend to fight.Just play [we make it red today you make it blue tomorrow and we both get a bonus to our prestige].Rinse and repeat.Their should be diminishing returns at least.Or a flat rate for conquering a city...and a need for defending it.Lose city lose prestige.Or something like that.

" On the server we share, the little Napoleans have basically lost all power as free ranging corps dominate the top 5 associations meaning anyone looking for a fight, will get one, and lose."

Yeah no way to do anything against someone without a city.I guess the smarter Napoleans hide in corners but i think they mostly play submissive lapdogs hoping they get a pass.No one dares to argue with them.

"Would the game die if the little Napoleans realized the devs would never give them total control? Would the game die if the devs DID give them total control?"

You know i live in the past right : There was this time we couldn't take the majority in a facility untill x ammount of goods in x ammount of time was hauled from it.A time when instant dispatch after two or three times would be expensive as...a large sum of cash,A time brainless hauling stuff would result in far less optimal hauling stuff while getting paid petty cash,a new era would mean you couldn't haul anything new untill you upgraded your fleet.Much more i can't remember atm no doubt.

They cater to casuals on iphones paying big bucks imo.Not saying everyone with a iphone is a casual.But pretty damn close :P

• Personally i would like to know how developers are going to address the sandbagging of city levels to make it into the top 10. i remember when it use to be a fight to get to lvl 46, be the #1 city and have every good open. There is nothing even in comparison nowdays. Even if a city doesnt keep leveling before endgame to have all goods open, they suddenly open in endgame and most cities at a low level like, 36-39, know they can deliver 162-180k in 60 mins. There is no longer any incentive to keep leveling alot of these endgame cities. If a city chooses not to level and not open a new good maybe they should have to haul it from a city that has taken the time too open it, this would definately change this sandbagging issue very quickly. Be nice to see a city have to go half way across the map just to pick up a good and delver it to their city inendgame because od decisions they made not to open era6 goods

• A simpler method would be to introduce an extra delay to a start time based upon how many unopened goods you have say 2 hours per city level in addition to the delay based upon city ranking for example based upon 1 hour per position and 2 hours per level a city that was in 10th place and stopped levelling at 40 would have to wait 26 hours to start the EG if the number 1 city has pushed all the way to lvl 48. Either that or you could re-balance the amount required to haul at each level such that power levelling as far as you can penalises you less.

• I agree with the need to address endgame sandbagging.

Fighting to be 10th is just wrong.

I am unclear what the issue with the number of haulers connected to the city is when setting haulage requirement. that seems to address many issues.
    -- Everyone joining the same city to win endgame. That was fashionable a few years ago in the US servers
    -- People sandbagging to decrease their tonnage requirements
    -- Provides incentive to competitors to connect rival cities
    -- Rewards undesirable cities that make endgame for being... undesirable (Why yes, I do happen to playing in San Diego this game, how could you tell?)

• These days it becomes more and more a problem indeed. Strategies focussing on finishing as low as you can on the cityrankinglist (top 10) are common and even neccesary to win the endgame.
    Its no longer a competition that takes the whole round to finsih but a competition to secure your low top 10 place; it actually starts during the EG. It would be great if we have to fight again for being the no1 city and having the last 6 goods open would be a reward instead of a punishment. It would give back so much more pleasure in the game and spirit amongst the players ;)