Support

Era package with Starter package

• Era package with Starter package

I have purchased the Starter Package and now Era Package is no longer available to me.

Is this the intended behaviour? Having one preclude the other?
    Server: COM201 Big Ben

More details:
    I planned on acquiring both, however, after purchasing the Starter Package the Era package is not available and it prompts me that the Era Package can only be purchased within the first 24 hours of the era, however, 24 hours have most certainly not passed as the server has been live for 6 hours.

Whatever the answer is there is a defect here and should be fixed, as either my account is bugged and you should look into why I can't acquire the second package, or you guys should have placed a warning somewhere.

I could have paid for level 6 of the Engine House and then used the package upgrade for level 7, instead, I used it for level 6, believing I could do a double boost, and now I have to pay a fortune for level 7.

Case 1
    The 2 packages can be purchased together.

Issue:
    My account is broken for some reason.

Case 2 (I suspect this might be the case)
    One prevent the purchase of the other.

Issue:
    It does not say anywhere that one prevents the purchase of the other, it would be extremely useful if the information could be included in the UI, either as a text in the packages' descriptions or in a confirmation prompt when clicking the purchase button.

PS. sorry, just realised that this post should have gone in bugs and errors :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stubaski ().

• • Brian • wrote:

I think you can only get the Era Package at the start of the new era

Stubaski wrote:

I planned on acquiring both, however, after purchasing the Starter Package the Era package is not available and it prompts me that the Era Package can only be purchased within the first 24 hours of the era, however, 24 hours have most certainly not passed as the server has been live for 6 hours.
    It is the start of an era, Era 1 ;)

Also, it was available right before I purchased the Starter Package.

Mind me, I stand with the observed behaviour as I believe otherwise would be too much of an initial advantage, however, I would have liked to know BEFORE, in order to plan accordingly.

I'll be wiser the next time, however, the behaviour could be fixed.
  • Stubaski wrote:

I could have paid for level 6 of the Engine House and then used the package upgrade for level 7, instead, I used it for level 6, believing I could do a double boost, and now I have to pay a fortune for level 7

:) You actually didn't pay THAT much more.

Sure, when you pay 650K for a building rather than getting it for free it feels like you lost 650K, because you paid 650K.

But when you get a 400K building for free rather than a 650K building for free, you only 'lost' 250K.

Feel better?

Anyway, I can confirm that the super starter and starter packages do stack (i.e are not mutually exclusive) I was curious about the era package as well, but heck, that was getting a little pricey for me on my strict eat what you earn gold diet.

I did look for those warnings and assumed no warning = no problem.
  • Ada Lee wrote:

Stubaski wrote:

I could have paid for level 6 of the Engine House and then used the package upgrade for level 7, instead, I used it for level 6, believing I could do a double boost, and now I have to pay a fortune for level 7

:) You actually didn't pay THAT much more.
    Sure, when you pay 650K for a building rather than getting it for free it feels like you lost 650K, because you paid 650K.

But when you get a 400K building for free rather than a 650K building for free, you only 'lost' 250K.

Feel better?

Anyway, I can confirm that the super starter and starter packages do stack (i.e are not mutually exclusive) I was curious about the era package as well, but heck, that was getting a little pricey for me on my strict eat what you earn gold diet.

I did look for those warnings and assumed no warning = no problem.
    250k in the early game do make a lot of difference, when you're earning 60/70k an hour that's 3/4 hours of hauling, not exactly peanuts.

Anyway, the point wasn't that, I merely raised it to highlight a problem that was caused to me by a poor design design in the interface.
  • Tigerhawk wrote:

Did getting the era package push you over 600 prestige? I never get era packages, so I don't know what's in them.

evi1pau1 wrote:

Tigerhawk wrote:

Did getting the era package push you over 600 prestige? I never get era packages, so I don't know what's in them.
    Yes, this.I missed out on this one too because I didn't realise the prestige limit had been exceeded.
    Nope, my prestige was well within the parameters when I posted, I was holding back on collecting medals exactly for that purpose.

EDIT:
    I realised the question was pointless, I did get the Starter Package, which is the one requiring to be under 600 prestige, hence, my prestige after the purchase is not relevant.

The package I could not purchase is the era package, which has a time limitation, requiring to be purchased within the first 24 hours, which have not passed as the game still shows day 1.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stubaski ().

• Hi Stubaski,

Era packages show a 24h icon at the top corner when you can purchase the package. The regular 125 Gold Starter package is for the first era only and then 250 gold Era packages start appearing when eras change.

If you are in a later era and didn't get the offer, then it would be best if you contact Support. If you are in Era 1, then the starter package should be available to you till 600 Prestige. Game doesn't allow the purchase of multiple packages per era.
  • Samisu wrote:

Hi Stubaski,

Era packages show a 24h icon at the top corner when you can purchase the package. The regular 125 Gold Starter package is for the first era only and then 250 gold Era packages start appearing when eras change.

If you are in a later era and didn't get the offer, then it would be best if you contact Support. If you are in Era 1, then the starter package should be available to you till 600 Prestige. Game doesn't allow the purchase of multiple packages per era.
    That explains my problem, however, I don't remember seeing that information anywhere in the UI and it should really be added.

Presently the information is not given anywhere, the packages don't have the mention and once you purchase the package the button is greyed out and offers a different explanation, which is far from user friendly and can be confusing for the user.
  • While you are there, please also mention that there is no description of what the "4 day newbie status" does.
    I'm a newbie and I have no idea what this is. I have a vague recollection from the tutorials that it does something to deliveries.
    Again, this should be explained on the relevant screens.
  • I had this exact same problem, made out a ticket which was solved at the 2nd attempt.
    The op is indeed correct in saying there was no information stating that you may only purchase 1 package per era, and as he said before you actually purchase the super starter package BOTH are indeed available,
    Does this suggest that had we bought the era package instead of the super starter package at the start of the round that the super starter package would have still been available provided we were under 600k prestige?
    Well according to the mods not,
    Maybe it's something they'll decide to take a look at during one of these maintainence downtimes and completely eradicate 1 or the other from the gold shop rather than just greying out the purchase tab with some irrelevant text appearing talking about it only being available within 24 hours of the start of the era,
  • Super Starter package is available only at the end of the game, and players will get an offer to purchase it. Super Starter package is a bit heavier and gives you a great start when the next round of that same server starts. This package does work together with the first era Starter package. Both can be purchased.

Starter package (without the super) is only available until you have 600 prestige. Starter package can be considered as an era package for era 1: For the first 24 hours of the Era 1, there will not be an icon for Era package. But the Starter package can of course be purchased at any point when you are below 600 prestige.

Era package is available only when a new era starts. When this package is available, an icon appears for 24 hours at the top corner of the game screen.

Feedback on any irrelevant information has been sent to HQ, and description of these packages will be changed where needed.
  • You can buy the Super Starter Package at the end of a game round and have it available as soon as the new round begins. Whether you purchase or not the Super Starter Package it has no effect on the behaviour observed afterwards.

When the new round begins you are presented with two offers, one being the Era Package and the other the Starter Package. It's of these two that you can only buy one of them, regardless of whether you did purchase Super Starter Package or not*.

The Super Starter Package offers nice incentives, but it's mostly a glorified Plus Account package, whereas the other 2 offers substantial benefits in terms of Engin House upgrade and Research Points, so I supposed they have deemed that purchasing both would be too much of a benefit, I share the feeling myself.

*my apologies for repeating myself, I wanted to make a clear point.