Select your feature discussion

• Hello dear players, Devs are down to top 5 new features, and you get to pick which feature will be added to the game! You can find the 5 features here: [url='https://wbb.rail-nation.com/index.php?thread/13913-select-your-feature/']Select your feature[/url]

Each feature is explained in the same thread, and voting has already started!

If you want to discuss more of these features, please share your thoughts in this thread. Make your case if you want others to vote for your favorite ^^

[align=center] [attach=8587,none,994][/attach] [/align]
  • 1. Production series benefits. - Letnab

I think this could be the most funny upgrade, actually... but I would take it to another level!!
    - to make the "weaker" engines more powerful, but in different ways... Now 97% of all players stick with the top-engines of the Era... wich is a pity, since you make so beatiful engines (graphically). I would CERTAINLY greet to se more variation in the game, and with a REASON for it.

2. Association competition. - Hub3rt

...isn't this ...kinda, what the City-competition is now?!?!

3. Landmark widget (only for Steam over Europe). - Uvir

...isn't this more one of these upgrades that you sneak into the game,... unnoticed ?!? :P

4. Passenger transports with the career engine - Torsten Brehmer

Could be nice.
    I would like it even more to see it the other way around; the possibility to haul passengers with ALL engines!
    (at a much lower level than a "passenger-engine" of course...).

5. Split laboratory. - Wunsiedl

Nice idea. ...in my opinion, not really something that is needed to implement to improve the game, though.
    Would be a nice extra feature.
    (There are other things that are more important to fix, than things like this).

- - -
    Keep it coming.
    Thanks for a nice game.

AD

• I'd prefer that you remove the known bugs. ^^

I was waiting when someone brings this up. Devs actually promised the voting, developing and implementing of a new feature would not affect bug fixes: 'We know some of you would prefer us to focus on fixing bugs instead. We want to assure you that while developing new features for the game, we don't ignore existing in-game bugs.'

Here's the original announcement: Choose your Feature

And thank you AD for your thoughts!

• Why is it that in a game about trains & transporting the route scheduling screen gets smaller & smaller & smaller. Do you think you could spread it across the bottom like it was back in the day. Maybe one of your spiffy new center aligned screens where we can see more than 2 trains or 2 stops in the route. Trying to pick through 32 trains with 10 stops each 1 at a time is going to make play ability horrendous.

• In my opinion you should never ask the opinion of the fanbase, but take what they say and make your own decision. Leave cosmetic choices to the players, but keep the rest in-house.

This is, unless you guys have actually decided to implement all 5 of them and the choice is not on what will be implemented, but rather what will be implemented first.

Anyway, my view on the topics:

1. This is probably the most interesting from a tactical point of view, the ability to switch in between series with different strength point is brilliant and one could slightly adapt an engine to the task at hand. e.g. : golden hour? go for speed. high waiting time? get the extra traction. I also like how traction is limited to the late eras, giving extra traction to a Falcon would imbalance the game.

Newly registered player would be left a little behind, but the same happens with the career engine and, to be fair, there are not many engines for which one would have to collect through the eras; getting 2 or 3 production series per era is not a daunting task.

2. We already have city competitions, there are normal competitions every day? Do we really need more? Consider also that, as they are, city competitions are disadvantageous for smaller cities, being purely capacity based is pretty much impossible to win against cities that have more population (and a similar activity), I could live without another frustrating competition where the biggest win.

3. This is more an improvement on current features.

4. I like this one, gives you extra usage for the career engine if you so choose.

5. Not a fan of this one, as far as I'm concerned this should not only not be implemented in this updated, but should never be done as it's the most unbalancing, funny enough people seen it and they are voting it for that reason, would give the active players a huge advantage.

It takes almost a day without a bonus for the lab to get full, I believe is somewhere around the 16 hours mark, if you don't log in a game like this twice a day maybe this is not the right game for you to begin with.
    If you have the researcher drops down to 12/13, same as above, the inactive players would probably waste more and more point because they would be researching slowly while the active ones would go straight for speed, causing an even bigger gap in the research.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• I just read a whole list of why the videos where not playing and can't find it now..guess they got removed, but I just noticed that I am not getting my rewards after I watch the videos also..so what are you all doing about this..and how long has this been going on?..I watch them everyday and have spent way way too much money to get to watch them for the rewards..and to now, just now, see that I am not getting the money that I am suppose to be getting is awesomely furstrating..and making me not wanting to play anymore..we do need compensation for this...it is not fair when I added up just what I spent last month alone and it coming to a staggering amount, which I know you would hate to lose...you need to get this fixed asap...and do something for us players that have spent that staggering amount to watch them...thanks for listening..and hope you are doing something about this...

;) Who knows what Tomorrow will bring:?:

• Hi Docsbabe,

I'm sorry to hear of these video issues on your account. Please contact game support and share your experiences with them. Support is able to see technical information, compare accounts and help in account related things in a way the forum can't. Let's save this thread for the future features, and I wish you have a lovely and sunny week!

• Why is it that in a game about trains & transporting the route scheduling screen gets smaller & smaller & smaller. Do you think you could spread it across the bottom like it was back in the day. Maybe one of your spiffy new center aligned screens where we can see more than 2 trains or 2 stops in the route. Trying to pick through 32 trains with 10 stops each 1 at a time is going to make play ability horrendous.

Yes, I have noticed that the text all over the game is very very small....!!!
    I have started wearing glasses to play, which I only ever normally need for reading. My eyes would appreciate larger text throughout the game.

• Who gives two rips about new features just fix the blasted game and stop giving us bells and whistles the majority of us are paying players and all we get for spending our hard earned money is a game that dose not work as it is advertised the stupid tech monkeys screwed up the app are we going to have to wait for the next update for that too be fixed

Have a challenge for you Mr. Lars Jansen come on the Facebook page and have a open forum with the people that have made Rail Nation what it is. Discuss with us why the bugs in the game can't be fixed No matter what spin you put on the inability of your tech people too fix the game and the bugs I would give you 5 minutes on an open forum and you would most likely shut it down and hang your head in shame I don't think you have the guts to have a open forum