Is Lucy going to make it?

• Ask one of the conductors "Which train would the other conductor tell me to get on if i asked him which train takes me to William's party?"

The answer he will give will always be the wrong train, so you get on the other one.

TZH COM03 Smoke Chamber

• Question will be "If I ask the other conductor about which train leads to Williams Birthday Party, what would he answer?”.

It should be fairly easy to see that irrespective of whom do you ask this question, you will always get an answer which would not lead to Williams Birthday Party. So you can chose the other train to continue your journey to Williams Birthday Party.

Gameworld:
    COM101 Rocky Mountains

Player Name::

HauntedMan

• Lucy should ask "which train will the other conductor say to take?"

She then should take the other train.

The conductor who tells the truth, knowing that the other guard is wrong, will point to the wrong train.

The conductor who gets things wrong will, of course, get it wrong.

My game world is US 103 Broadway (Express)

• She would ask one of the conductors: "If I asked the other conductor what train would take me to William's party, what would they say?"
    Whichever train the conductor she asks replies, is NOT the correct train, so she would take the other one.
    This is because if she asks the truthful conductor this question, they will truthfully say the wrong train, which is what the wrongful conductor would. If she asked the wrongful conductor that question they would incorrectly say the wrong train which is not what the truthful conductor would say.
    Ultimately, no matter which conductor she asks the question to, she will get the same answer: the wrong train.

Username: ArAb7716
    Gameworld: US103 Broadway(Express)

• "If I asked the other conductor whether this train goes to William's party what would they say?"

If they say Yes choose the other train - if no choose the one she points to. Doesn't matter which of them she asks or which train she points to. The answer will always be the wrong train.

Trebbie on COM1 Steam Boiler.

Many thanks.

• Answer yes or no. Would (s)he (the other conductor) tell me that this train leads to Williams Party. The response will be the opposite of what a truthful person would say.

COM201 Big Ben

• Lucy must ask one of the conductors...
    "Which train would the other guard tell me I should take?"
    Lucy should then take the other train.

If the conductor she asks is the one who lies, then he will lead her astray by telling her (falsely) that the other conductor – the truthful conductor – will advise her to take the second train. This makes the first train the one that Lucy needs to get.

If the conductor she asks is the one who tells the truth, then he will tell her honestly that the other conductor – the lying conductor –will advise her to take the second train. This makes the first train the one that Lucy needs to get.

Conversely...

If the conductor she asks is the one who lies, then he will lead her astray by telling her (falsely) that the other conductor – the truthful conductor – will advise her to take the first train. This makes the second train the one that Lucy needs to get.

If the conductor she asks is the one who tells the truth, then he will tell her honestly that the other conductor – the lying conductor – will advise her to take the first train. This makes the second train the one that Lucy needs to get.

This can be interpreted more simply as a yes/no question, by asking either conductor, “Would the other conductor tell me that this is the train that I need to take ?”
    The truthful conductor would say No if it was the right train, because the other conductor would lie about it, but the Lying conductor would also say No, because the other conductor would truthfully say that it was the right train.
    If it wasn't the right train, then the truthful conductor would answer Yes, because the other would lie and say that it was, where the lying conductor would say Yes, because the other would truthfully tell her it was the other train.

Server, Loch Ness, unless Cylinder Head (Express) server is running.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Elysar ().

• ask both of them at the same time "if you think i can't see without my glasses tell me what train will take me to williams birthday party " just so you know im in
    COM02 Firebox

• My question to the conductors would be: If I asked what train would lead to William's birthday party, what train would the other conductor say is correct?

The honest-conductor would tell me that false-claim-conductor would point to the wrong train.

The false-claim-conductor would tell me that the honest-conductor would point to the wrong train.

As such, no matter who I ask, the conductor would tell me what the wrong train would be, and I would choose the opposite.

• Aparrently she's been at Williams place before, would ask both conductors which is the nest stop. The one will tell her a stop before arriving to her station where she lost her glasses. The other will tell her the next stop, by this she'll know which train to take. Or could just ask another passenger to direct her to the right train. Have done that many times in NYC subways, for most people knows where they're going. LOL

• Point to one of the trains and ask the following question to one of the conductors. "If I ask the other conductor if this is the correct train to the party will he say yes or no?" If he answers is "no" then it is the correct train to the party.

FrogTheRailWonan GR01