Track Production - Make It An Actual Production

• The track production building has annoyed me since I started playing the game. It makes no sense how it works. Plus, it is not a production.

How about the track production actually produced tracks, that could be laid. At level 1, maybe one track would be produced a day and at level 30 it could be 100 tracks a day.
    And why does it cost more and more money the more tracks you lay? It makes no sense. Track cost could otherwise be based on distance from starting city. The closer to the city you build, the cheaper. The further away, the more expensive it becomes.

But, if you are to redo the track things, then make tracks make sense. At least have corporations share track network and build together. That would increase importance of the corporation and stop single corps being all over the place, breaking majorities and in other ways ruining normal players' games.

I know the whole track thing is probably not gonna be changed. Too much work. So could we please just have the track building make sense?

Thanks.

• The current system certainly does not do that.
    The current system favours high gold use, where you can win 20% off building, instant build, track vouchers and different workers.

My suggestion does not change that, it just makes it easier for the small player and it actually makes the building make sense.

• How to make track building make sense :whistling:

Leveling up the Track production building leads to higher production capabilities and new track building technologies. There are many buildings in the game working with the same principles.

Why does future tracks cost more money? If you haven't read yet, take a look at the great 'Rail Nation through history' announcements here: Announcements - Starting with Era 1 (around 1825-1925) -> inflation causes currency value to depreciate over time. Again, this can be seen in pretty much everything in the game, and to me these details helps create more immersion in the RN world.

Why everyone does not share the same tracks, but everyone needs to build their own? That's how the game works and where strategy and planning is needed (and good relationship with other associations). To make sense of it, you can think of it as a cost to use the same tracks and the maintenance of the same tracks. Rail Nation would work a little differently if the game itself created the tracks and players would need to pay the price to use them (or open the tracks for use).

This is how I see the track production (as inflation + tech advancement). Some are here just for the game experience and some are enjoying the realistic engines and hauling business. I like how you think here and if you have ideas how to make the game more realistic and fun, while keeping the balancing in mind, I would be really happy to hear more and continue the discussion. If it fits, I sits.

• i dont think that the coasts belongs to inflation and tech advancememt cause i have the same price
    in any era so if i build in era 1 100 tracks the next coasts 2,5 million, if i build the 101 in era 6 it also coasts 2.5 million
    You can calculate this as maintenace coasts so they are higher when you have many tracks

• i dont think that the coasts belongs to inflation and tech advancememt cause i have the same price
    in any era so if i build in era 1 100 tracks the next coasts 2,5 million, if i build the 101 in era 6 it also coasts 2.5 million
    You can calculate this as maintenace coasts so they are higher when you have many tracks

Good point!

But how many tracks are you able to build in era 1 without it affecting your flood of income? Game does what it can to simulate inflation - or that's at least how I decided to take it. Might not make sense to someone else and that's completely fine as well :thumbsup: - That's why I enjoy this topic!

• I think this is an interesting concept ... modification to the OP
    Make it function like laboratory. Track produced over time, building levels affect how fast track pieces are produced and how many you can hold. Track laying should be an network dependent fixed price ..

Just an example, not very balanced
    IE tracks 1-5 are 5k
    6-10 are 25k
    11--20 are 100k
    21-30 are 250k
    31-45 are 1mil

consider the increasing cost the associated maintenance fees and track worker employment cost.

the only problem is this would significantly slow down expansion to other cities in the US scenario, and basically defeat its entire purpose for existing.

This maybe circles back around to the past topic of creating a 4th scenario called "realism" that has a different game play all together, with cars that can be used for multiple good types (flat beds, hoppers, boxcars etc) and engines that can pull any car including passengers, but with varying efficiencies and comfort levels based on weight of cargo / type of passenger cars.

This would be a good track building for said 'realism" scenario, but leave the current "imagination" scenarios alone =)