Industry growth

• I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere here, but I can't find it.

What determines when an industry grows?

It seems to be triggered by the occupancy rate...and accelerated by investing? Or is it some combination of both?

Can I choose to spend many millions and force a low level industry to grow?

• Hey,
    The quickest way is to combine both investing and high occupancy rate.

You can level up an industry with only high occupancy rate, without investments. But I've never tried to level up an industry without anybody using it. It might be possible, but it will probably cost a lot of money.

• If the occupancy rate is 50% the industry doesn't grow. Every 10% above that makes the industry grow by 1% towards a new level, up to a maximum of 25% (the maximum occupancy rate is 300%).

If occupancy rate drops below 50% the industry gets further away from growth at the same rate. However you can't lose a level.

Each investment adds (I think) 0.2% towards a new level, and is unlimited. If everyone in an association adds a couple of clicks of investment it can add up, but generally investing should be done to reduce wait times or hunting for prestige, not to grow an industry. It becomes very expensive before it makes a huge amount of difference. (Of course reducing wait times means you can haul more, which increases occupancy and let's you level quicker.)

• I researched this a few years ago and what I found was the fastest way is to max occupancy to 300%. Yes, investing helps but not that much and you do need a combination of the two. In over 6 years of playing, I have never seen an industry level without some investment. Also, investing lowers wait time which means more goods being hauled which means higher occupancy. See, it all works together

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”-Mahatma Gandhi

• The only way to get an industry to level up is to get occupancy rates over 100% and keep it there for as many cycles as is needed.

Investment does not make any difference. This is difficult to prove; any industry that is supplying goods that are in demand get investments before you can get any meaningful information about whether it has any effect.

There are some that say investment reduces wait time and therefore causes more demand for the good ... but investment means slower wait times for anyone who is not part of your association ... so the effect usually cancels out.

Investment does only two things: it reduces wait time and increases it for everyone else, and, you earn prestige points when the industry levels up.

Excessive investment in counter intuitive. Your investment goes to nothing when the industry levels up ... and all you get for your trouble is reduced wait times that are but a small part of the entire round trip. So invest once ... and perhaps twice if there is a really good reason such as increasing your prestige when it is obvious the industry will level up. Otherwise excessive investment does nothing but increase wait times for other players not in your association.

• 0. The only way to get an industry to level up is to get occupancy rates over 50% and keep it there for as many cycles as is needed. Formula of progress: (occupancy - 50)/10 ( on express 2* (occupancy - 50)/10) and bordered with 25 (50 for express) because occupancy is bordered with 300%
    1. A lot of investments increases current progress to the next level of industry ( but cant increase it more than 99%). You can look at this in the endgame.
    2. During the round there is >80% of production of your industry is delivering by your association, so investments helps you to grow industry faster.

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

The post was edited 2 times, last by AdriRock ().