Support

Server time

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• Server time

Hi

I wonder! 8|

How can it be that a game which is aimed at international level, where everything is based on time intervals does not have the server clock. It would be delicious if we could escape time zones, which a server clock would do for us.
      The journey by train is great, but I realy look forward to I can afford to the railroad tracks..!
    • Samisu wrote:

Hi @Viggo Møller,

I'm not completely sure what you meant by this? Might well be a great idea though and I thank you for starting this topic!

How would you like to see the server time shown or 'escape time zones' exactly?
      A server watch independed of regional time zones, so when I in the message system say 12:40 I do not need to tell time zones, since the server now got a server watch
      The journey by train is great, but I realy look forward to I can afford to the railroad tracks..!
    • Ah, I hope I got it right this time ^^

Now, if you use the game chat, it will show you everything in your local time. Same goes for messages on in-game forums. The game automatically shows all time stamps in your local time, so a message you sent at 12:40 is converted to let's say 14:40 to someone living 2 time zones away.

You would like this to be changed into a one fixed time zone, so that time stamps in chats and messages aren't converted to anyone's local time anymore? This would help you write for example: "all haul coal at 14:40" and everyone would see that's in 2 hours, as the fixed time shows 12:40?

This could cause some confusion :saint: - or then it's just me who's confused :D
    • Samisu wrote:

Ah, I hope I got it right this time ^^

Now, if you use the game chat, it will show you everything in your local time. Same goes for messages on in-game forums. The game automatically shows all time stamps in your local time, so a message you sent at 12:40 is converted to let's say 14:40 to someone living 2 time zones away.

You would like this to be changed into a one fixed time zone, so that time stamps in chats and messages aren't converted to anyone's local time anymore? This would help you write for example: "all haul coal at 14:40" and everyone would see that's in 2 hours, as the fixed time shows 12:40?

This could cause some confusion :saint: - or then it's just me who's confused :D

The confusion happens when I write "12:40 landmark bonuns on London", 12:40 is my time zone, but if I play with people all over the world, their time will say something different. If we got a server watch, it would be the counting watch and offline people could do their own math according to their timezone.

The dialogue in the messaging system would be easier if we could relate of the same clock.
    • At the top of the screen under the servername it says at which era and day the server is
      (for example:)
      Scandinavia
      26 players online
      Era 1 (day 6/14) 12:19:53

I think it shouldn't be hard to expand that with a clock showing the hours, minutes and seconds passing by (bold/underlined in my example). Day 7/14 starts at 00:00:00 (which is for me at 14:00 (CET), for someone in the USA that will be at 07:00-ish and for someone from Russia that is 20:00-ish).

The time in the messaging system doesn't have to be changed and can stay at local time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by «DSnepke™» ().

• brontomartin wrote:

you can put 2 small clocks on the screen, 1 shows the server time as suggested by viggo and 1 shows the local time.
      So nobody need to calculate and appointmets can easy be made with the server time

«DSnepke™» wrote:

At the top of the screen under the servername it says at which era and day the server is
      (for example:)
      Scandinavia
      26 players online
      Era 1 (day 6/14) 12:19:53

I think it shouldn't be hard to expand that with a clock showing the hours, minutes and seconds passing by (bold/underlined in my example). Day 7/14 starts at 00:00:00 (which is for me at 14:00 (CET), for someone in the USA that will be at 07:00-ish and for someone from Russia that is 20:00-ish).

The time in the messaging system doesn't have to be changed and can stay at local time.

Then combined version that brontomartin expresses, would be pure luxury

"DSnepke ™" expresses what I thought first, thanks "DSnepke ™" :thumbsup: