Due to a disagreement on tactics, the 2 biggest Associations can no longer work together for 1 Megacity in our Region. We have been working very hard to level up our hometown and made into the EG. This despite the abusing of President his powers.
The abuse of powers were:
* pretending to level up his hometown, while they were sure of the Endgame
* when the City Bonus was moved to my town by 1 of his teammembers, because the President's hometown didn't made any progress in leveling up for 7 hours and even had a negative trend for the last 3 hours (the president himself was hauling to the LM), he moved it back to his hometown
* he fired 2 cabinet members (1 from his own Association and 1 from my Association), so only his puppits remained in the cabinet
What we already saw for weeks, he demonstrated very clearly: he is a dictator and not afraid to abuse the powers as President.
Most of the time a President will stay in his/her seat for the entire game. Just 25% of the players in a region make a real choice between the candidates, the rest just votes for the nr 1 to complete the assignment for voting from Lucy.
To reduce Presidents power and make it more fair the following suggestion:
1) An elected president is in power for 1 era only;
2) every era there is an election for president in which all precious votes are cancelled and all candidates start at 0 (zero)
3) from the 10 cabinet members, the president can appoint only 5 of them and only remove the 5 members he appointed
4) the 5 by the president appointed members should have all a different hometown, so every city is represented in the Cabinet.
5) the remaining 5 seat in cabinet will be filled by a representative of the 5 biggest Associations in the region, these members can only be removed via a voting in Cabinet after a 7/11 majority. The 7/11 majority is needed to avoid that 5 by the president appointed members + himself, still can remove every other member who is a representative of the 5 biggest Association. If a representative of an Association is removed after the voting, he/she will be replaced by an new member of the same Association as long as that Association is still amongst the 5 biggest Associations in the Region.
6) Limit the members of Cabinet coming from 1 Association to 5 members excluding the president
7) a removed cabinet member cannot be appointed again in the cabinet within the same Era.
Maybe some might be added, to make it even more balanced.
Often the president comes the biggest Association in the region, while the Association only has 20%-25% of the total number of players in a region. With the present powers of the President, he can act like a dictator and only handles in his own interest, his own hometown and his own Association, and don't care about 75%-80% of the other players in the region. In real life this is called "The Terror of the Majority" (with majority is not ment 51%, but is ment: the biggest group).