Research Points Asociations Bank

• Hello Rail Nation lovers, here is my proposal, and my problem.

For a few rounds i've always manage to research all trains and era's before EG, and in the final days of 6th era i would end up with the bank full of reserach points, meanwhile some of my friends/teammates did not manage to search and upgrade all engines.

My proposal is that the asociation receives it's own research points bank, in wich we can store the prestige points from all the teammates that finished to research all engine and upgrades(the game should detect that automaticly), and redirect to those who still need help.

The bank can be managed by the Chair and a max number of 2 deputy's

• As always with those kind of suggestions :

Yes I like it, but...

and the but is : you need fail-safes, to ensure that the people that can benefit from this pool of RP, are not active people that use it to get the best trains at the beginning of each era more quickly, but really your teammates in need at the end of an era. And there arises the issue. How to separate automatically who can benefit, and who cannot.

But I like the basic idea, it's always painful to finish all researches and have that one teammate that couldn't finish the full olympus in time for X or Y reason, and it's a team game, so why not.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• and the but is : you need fail-safes, to ensure that the people that can benefit from this pool of RP, are not active people that use it to get the best trains at the beginning of each era more quickly, but really your teammates in need at the end of an era. And there arises the issue. How to separate automatically who can benefit, and who cannot.

But I like the basic idea, it's always painful to finish all researches and have that one teammate that couldn't finish the full olympus in time for X or Y reason, and it's a team game, so why not.

I think if research points can be tooked from bank only in the second part of each era( days 7 - 14, 3-7 for express) it will be okay.

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

• I think if research points can be tooked from bank only in the second part of each era( days 7 - 14, 3-7 for express) it will be okay.

and also only so many points a day can be withdrawn per player, so all have a chance to use it, but with some refinement an overall grand idea.

• Instead of a bank where one or two persons decide where they go you could also
    make a
    "Ask for help from asso members" function in sort of a points market so players can ask for help from other members.

fail-saves would be.
    - Helpers can only donate if they have that trains and/or upgrade already researched.
    - 1 helper can only donate X points per day to one player. max. number of points increase per era

this way you would also encourage team play because multiple ppl need to help and because players must ask in a "points market" only active ppl can do it.

Also a threshold to do it only in week 2 of an era to prevent abuse of ppl being pushed ahead

• Another function that needs to be implemented with the bank for Research Points is the posibility that the chair can see the research tree of his asoc members, so that we can avoid a situation that one player does not work for those research points, and just expects for the asoc bank to give him those Points.

• My idea about the bank of research points:

- It's by association. These can only be offered and purchased within each association.

- At the beginning of each Era, interested parties can only register with the Bank to be sellers or buyers. At the beginning of the next Era (first 12 hours) the role must be changed or the previously selected (buyer or seller) is automatically renewed.

- These are offered on a voluntary basis only during the first half of each era (first 4 days of 7, or first 7 of 14). Once the second half of the Era begins, no more can be offered.

- These are acquired in the second half of the era. Only until the second half of the Era begins, can you start buying.

- No player can offer to sell more points than he can accumulate depending on the laboratory level at the time he offered the points..

- No player may wish to buy more points than he can accumulate depending on the laboratory level at the time he purchases the points.

- Sale price: The base sale ratio is $ 100 per research point. The price will be directly proportional to the accumulated prestige. Who accumulated more prestige in the first half of the Era, more money will receive for each point.

- Purchase Price: The base purchase ratio is $ 110 per research point. It is a fixed price, calculated with the average of the prestige accumulated by the sellers.

Ex.
    NAME - POINTS - PRESTIGE *
    OFFERED TO SELL:
    Peter - 5 - 1000 ---> This read as "Peter offered 5 Lab point and obtain 1000 PP for delivery to base-city-corp".
    Johan - 3 - 800
    Total = 8 - 900 (average)

WANTS TO BUY:
    Mike - 5 - 300
    Jack - 5 - 100

As Peter accumulated 1000 of prestige, the first points to sell are those he offered. When finishing the ones of Peter, they begin to sell the points offered by Johan.

As Mike accumulated 300 points, he has priority over Jack (100) to buy his 5 points first.

Peter will receive: 5 * 1000 * $ 100 = $ 500,000 = and Mike will have to pay: 5 * 900 * $ 110 = $ 495,000 =

Since only 8 points are offered, Jack will only be able to buy 3 of the 5 that he wanted to buy, at a price of: 3 * 900 * $ 110 = $ 297,000 = and Johan will receive 3 * 800 * $ 100 = $ 240,000 =
    If a third seller were registered, and Jack could buy his other two points, in total he would pay: 5 * 900 * $ 110 = $ 495,000= Same price for Mike.

Therefore, the effort for the sellers will be to sell first and earn more money.

The effort for the buyers will be to buy first.

* = Points of prestige obtained by having delivered to city X in the first half of the Era.

---
    Maybe we have to improve the formula, but the best thing is that it depends on the effort to obtain prestige by delivery to the base city of the association, before opening the bank (second half of the Era).

Terre

The post was edited 3 times, last by Terre B ().