• I assume the idea behind trainspotters is to get people to log on more frequently. I am not a fan. I suggest special orders as an alternative. Every 2-3 hours a small side order could be announced, example:. deliver 50 tons coal to the ironworks. Rewards would be payed for completion.

• I assume the idea behind trainspotters is to get people to log on more frequently. I am not a fan. I suggest special orders as an alternative. Every 2-3 hours a small side order could be announced, example:. deliver 50 tons coal to the ironworks. Rewards would be payed for completion.

I don't like the idea, because it is just another sort of competitions, which we already have in the game.
    And some questions for you about working of that system:
    1. If I have some cities will such quests appear for all of them or just for my homecity?
    2. Will it be same between all players in that city?
    3. What kind of rewards and in which amount, how they will scale through the game?
    Actually I don't think that logging in every 5 hour during the day is a problem (current trainspotters rate). You should want to do it to feel "okay" during the round.

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

• Maybe, improving this idea:

Special Orders: (For neighborhoods, not homecity)

EH = Player Engine House Level
    Era = Actual Era.

Ton = # Tonnes needed in any city: Ton = INTEGER(RND * EH * Era *10)) + (50 * Era)

Min value for Ton will be in Era 1 at lvl 1 in EH... then Ton = 50 to 59

Max value for Ton will be in Era 6 at 25 lvl in EH... then maybe (RND) we need delivery until 1800 Ton... but then cash received will be really considerable ... millions!

nT = time used by player to meet the Special Order.

nG = Good needed by special Order in a city. It's an of 4 RGs from actual city level where demand the Special Order. (I insist: for neighborhoods, not homecity).

Special orders remain active until they are fulfilled. Not as when competing that nothing happens if you do not make them. In this case, special orders remain valid, and the more time you spend doing it, the less money you will receive. The only way to have a new special assignment is to complete the current order.

Prizes: Cumulative cash, which can only be exchanged each 10 special orders are met. And when ends 50 S.O. you can redeem a special prize, like now when you collect all the Trainspotters. The prize for complete each Special Order will be inversely proportional to the time spent (nT) and directly to Ton

So ... maybe not to replace the Trainspotters, but as a new feature of RN!

And maybe the player wants to play "Trainspotters" or "Special Orders", voluntarily choose at the start of the Round or if you (RN team) allow choose at the beginning of each Era.

Thanks to EN. Delcat and sorry change your idea.

The amounts and formulas are only an idea... for consideration.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Terre B ().