Videos not playing, or taking 2-3 minutes to start

• Remind me again how many months before Flash goes?

I tried to bite my lip from also commenting that other apps and programs stopped using Flash for a few years now and that we have had at least two big rewrites of RN in this time period but the issue of replacing Flash wasn't addressed. I did try to bite my lip about this comment, but I failed, sorry... :D

• 6 months and we won't need that long. And in the context of stopping to use Flash because it's deactivated, "a few years" is a bit of an overstatement, given that the announcement about happened less than 2 years ago. We, like most others, started working on alternatives right after that, so it's not correct to say we didn't address it. We did. We are just not finished yet, exacly like many other more complex browser games.

PS: No need to get your lips all bloody. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Found?DU5gLUo.png

• So many movies don't run, or hang and you're waiting 10s to then reload.

Only to be right at the start of a mind-numbingly long movie.

If we've already been stalled for 10s before we can even hit reload, why can't we have 10s taken off the movie that we then get?

It's bad enough having to keep one eye on the movie and do another click to start another one, even worse that we have to sit through that in full as well.

• So we've got another 6 months of the movies not working, is that it?

Nope. Like I said, we won't need those 6 months. There is no specific ETA yet, but definitely not 6 months. Until then, the best way to deal with the problem is if you report those videos here in the forum. We need the little number that is displayed on the top left, the browser you are using and we need to know which device (i.e. computer or mobile).

The process around this is that we forward those videos to the right people in the company and they check how many players are affected and if it's many, they either remove the video or they talk to our partners in those cases where that makes more sense.

As a very active video watchter, trust me, I know how annoying this is. I'm really looking forward to HTML5, which will make things a lot easier.

Found?DU5gLUo.png

• In that case, why is RN still only showing Travian game video's, even after I already shared my utter discontent with them and provided the full list of video #'s. Here it is again!

23117 < Main problem

RN: Please tell Google ads to delete these videos or add a 5 second skip button to them.

No one wants to ever see these again. I have seen them each well over 1,000 times. They are too long and they are useless, trying to get me to log out of RN to play a different game. Why why why???

It only takes 1 phone call to make your players happy or avoid having them leave your game entirely. And I am very close to doing exactly that. If I can't watch any videos because they are ALL travian game video's which drive my absolutely bonkers, and if it takes over 2 hours to view all of my alliance's video's (longer than it takes to regenerate them!), there is 0 time left over to even play RN. This means I may as well not watch any video's, which puts me at a significant disadvantage vs other players, which kills any desire I have to ever play RN or any other Travian game. Please, for once use your marketing brains, or acquire some new ones if you have lost them somewhere AND GET RID OF THE TRAVIAN VIDEOS!!!

(or simply add the darn 5 second skip button, as I have also suggested well over 1,000 times before).

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• I rarely see a Travian Ad. Maybe 2 out of 10 Ads (max) are Travian Games Related.

Mostly the ads are on repeat, so I see 3 or 4 Kia commercial ads, 3 or 4 Thüringen ads in a row.

EDIT: Of course, after I type this I see 3 Football Manager ads and 4 RailNation Ads. :D

• I usually only see RailNation ads wich is totally unnecessary because I'm already playing RailNation.

So I can't play because I'm watching ads for playing what i could play without watching ads.

What are you trying to archive with these ads?

Gaining new players can't be your goal.

• I am using chrome as I was told in the past which should work much better. I am not able to view any videos in the train station to collect my bonuses. What is the issue and what should I be doing. This happened a year ago and I left the game. I came back to see if things got any better. If it continues dont know'how lone I will stay here.

• I am using chrome as I was told in the past which should work much better. I am not able to view any videos in the train station to collect my bonuses. What is the issue and what should I be doing. This happened a year ago and I left the game. I came back to see if things got any better. If it continues dont know'how lone I will stay here.

are you using an Adblocker? If so you have to disable that for the rail nation sites

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• I have already uninstalled Ad blocker from my computer and I am still having the same issues, no changes. A couple of years ago I was able to see them on this same computer but not with your new version.

• Please Rail-Nation I am trying to view the videos and left the game before because I was unable to pull up the videos. I have removed Adblocker I have have cleared my cache, I am using Chrome to play the game. Tell me what else it could be as I dont want to leave again.

• Please Rail-Nation I am trying to view the videos and left the game before because I was unable to pull up the videos. I have removed Adblocker I have have cleared my cache, I am using Chrome to play the game. Tell me what else it could be as I dont want to leave a'Nothing' is the answer to your question.

'Nothing, is the answer to your question. You can do precisely 'nothing' about it. RN don't care about you or your video problem. Hundreds of us have the same problem as you and we have all got the same answer. 'Nothing'. They simply don't care.

Sorry, I know you didn't want to see this kind of reply. Me neither, but it is what it is. :(

• Hi,

I've heard that using the Vivaldi browser has helped like Thetdoc™ mentioned above. We are at the moment working to switch from Flash to HTML5, and this will help with the general performance.

If you are unable to watch videos, please contact game support to ask if they have any tips to give, or just to report the issue with as much details as you have.

• Related to videos: I get new advertisement, which show only blank page. It cannot be finished, sometimes appears force link and other video shows normally. Is this a RN way to scare of watching videos?

• Related to videos: I get new advertisement, which show only blank page. It cannot be finished, sometimes appears force link and other video shows normally. Is this a RN way to scare of watching videos?

I found temporaly solution - on blank advertisement page right click mouse button and select Reload frame. And it works, video start immediately. But this is only with new advertisements - why you don't test it before set to game?

Chrome, latest version of flash.