Videos not playing, or taking 2-3 minutes to start

• I appreciate that my feedback is appreciated Samisu. Unfortunately, it seems RN has done the exact opposite.

Now, I am getting nothing but Travian game videos, all 'skip button' videos have been removed so I am forced to watch only full length Travian video's a couple thousand times a day. I am very close to logging out of RN to start playing Russian Roulette instead. I just can't take it anymore.

Please dear God, add a 5 second skip button to the Travian videos!

I am sure this will also solve 99% of the video complaints here.

And please forward this to management. If they have any education or business background at all, they will know exactly what the business term 'Cannibalism' means.

You are wasting a lot of your players' time and a lot of you own money trying to win new players which you already have and you are seriously pissing them off in the process. I am already playing a Travian game (sort of, if the video's don't take up all my playing time). And I do not want to log out just to go play another travian game, which I already know of or have played before. Stop torturing me and yourself... pretty pleeeze with sugar on top!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Dutcher I completely agree.

Only Travian games videos in all my servers.

Very frustrating, annoying, time wasting and the effect is the opposite.

These videos are so long and annoying, I would never click on them to play anything.

• Are you guys kidding? Travian Games videos are the only ones that work first time. The others all need to have a 10 second wait before a 10 second countdown before you can even hit the reload button to have another 30 second video load up and play. After being forced to do this multiple times every day to play a game I pay gold for I wish all my vids were Travian games vids I can tell you! They are boring as heck but at least they work and you can grind past them!

And anyway - Everyone knows they don't care so it's a mute point anyway. And it is not just us playing customers they don't care about - I just wonder if all or any of these 'commercial clients' that pay Travian to even play their ads even realise that they are being ripped off by buying/paying Travian Games for a broken product that doesn't work properly. If I see a product on my travels that advertise on RN I make it a point NOT to buy said product just out of spite. Well... except for MacDonalds but hey ho...

• Shell ads stall big time, these are the steps we have to endure to get past them:

- Click the movie

- delay while it decides which movie to show

- Shell advert comes up, there are several different images, all just sit there and don't play

- another pause before we get a message at the top of the movie

- "Does the video not load? Force a reload in 10 seconds

- Finally a Travian advert comes up and then there's another 30s of not watching a movie we've all seen far too often

Yes, even after all the messing around, we still have to WAIT 10s before we can force a reload!!!

There are also adverts with a car and I think the word CALIFORNIA in broken writing, also a blonde lady in a blue shirt who just stares at you and does nothing, also some teenagers in a car - they may or may not be Shell adverts too.

Note: hitting the X at the top left to restart the whole video will just give you another Shell advert

Question: Why can't we just force a reload straight off if a duff advert comes up? Also could there not be something in the code to prevent the same advert coming up over and over so we don't get stuck on the broken ones?

• i do not know what a shell ad or an advert is but here

1. - press to watch the video

2. - a black window comes

3. - 10-20 seconds later finally the button to press play

4. -after press play, the black window again

5. - after 10-20 seconds, the video start playing... a travian game video ... AGAIN!! a long, long travian game video.

6. - the video finally ends. a black window again ... wait... wait ...

7. - 10-20 seconds later I finally can watch the next video (to get the present) ... and the whole process above starts, again

OR

by the task number 6, the black window never ends, then I have to finally give up annoyingly press reload the video, and start the whole process since task number 1 again.

Imagine doing this on EVERY video I watch.

On associations with 26 players 3 bonus per player = have to watch 6 videos per player.

When everyone is sleeping this is what I have to do.

Please do mathematics.

• Are you guys kidding? Travian Games videos are the only ones that work first time. The others all need to have a 10 second wait before a 10 second countdown before you can even hit the reload button to have another 30 second video load up and play. After being forced to do this multiple times every day to play a game I pay gold for I wish all my vids were Travian games vids I can tell you! They are boring as heck but at least they work and you can grind past them!

And anyway - Everyone knows they don't care so it's a mute point anyway. And it is not just us playing customers they don't care about - I just wonder if all or any of these 'commercial clients' that pay Travian to even play their ads even realise that they are being ripped off by buying/paying Travian Games for a broken product that doesn't work properly. If I see a product on my travels that advertise on RN I make it a point NOT to buy said product just out of spite. Well... except for MacDonalds but hey ho...

No I am not kidding.

I prefer a broken video than in 10 seconds I can reload than a 30 plus second travian game video.

please read above the whole process i must do every time i watch a video (now 100% of them are all travian games videos )

I am editing to say*

I completely agree with you when you say you are paying gold to play.

I am also paying customer since I believe I buy quite a bit of gold.

So here is an idea.

In many websites, (especially the shared/streaming movies that you can find all movies made in mankind, unlike Netflix that only has these original Netflix extremely boring movies lately) the premium user ( known as paying customers) can watch without being tortured with a horrible quantity of commercials, perverted sex ads, pop ups, etc.

So, Travian games, since we are paying you to play, why we must be tortured with these videos and the whole annoying process it takes to watch them??

頑張ります!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ★YUKI★ ().

23117 < Main problem

RN: Please tell Google ads to delete these videos or add a 5 second skip button to them.

No one wants to ever see these again. It only takes 1 phone call to make your players happy or avoid having them leave your game entirely.

• Travian game videos are quick and painless.

It's the Disney ones that are the worst. Or the "Come visit our state!" travel videos.

For what it's worth, I put in a ticket to Support.

Will eagerly await their answer.

• Thanks Oakhart. I appreciate your help and your opinion. But really for me, the Travian videos are the absolute worst. They are the longest of all videos, the 'reload' button doesn't appear until the video is almost over, no skip button and I have seen them each over 1000 x. I have played some of those games already or already know about them. I am already playing a Travian game (RailNation) and have 0 interest in leaving it, just to play something else. If they keep trying to get me to log out of RN, I will. But I will not go play a different Travian Game.

This is called 'Cannibalism' in business, one department of a company trying to compete for the same customers with another department of the same company. This idiotic marketing idea has brought down plenty companies in the past and is a pretty well known 'Do this and you Die' business strategy. It is just purely ridiculous to try to win customers you already have, or to think you are winning new customers by getting them to log out of Rail Nation to play another Travian game.

They are not winning anything and annoying the crap out of the customers they already have. Marketing people usually just tell themselves they are fantastic and incredibly smart because their videos have been watched a 'gazillion' times. And completely ignorant to the fact that they are only hurting their own customers and therefore themselves and their own company.

I will keep making fun of these idiots until someone at Travian wakes up and smells the roses and finally starts listening to their customers.