Festival Server: Tell us about it

• This sounds like a much more fair and well rounded attempt at what Rail-Nation Master's should have been. I doubt I will be able to come up with the money to buy the initial 2000 gold on such short notice, but otherwise would have liked to play!.

• I agree with Nerisrath.

Will there be some carrier achievement available, similar to the events / RN masters ?
    It might motivate some people to join, despite the gold price. (I, for one, would definitely be playing for some carrier points, while if not, it will depend on if I know of others who will join).

• The idea to make fair playing conditions is great, but I find it a huge lie that you multiply your gold: you just get forced to spend 20k in one week, so in the end you have lost 2k. You simply pay 2k gold for a week of playing a special server. (I am not saying paying to join a server is good or not, just commenting on the way it is presented)

• The idea to make fair playing conditions is great, but I find it a huge lie that you multiply your gold: you just get forced to spend 20k in one week, so in the end you have lost 2k. You simply pay 2k gold for a week of playing a special server. (I am not saying paying to join a server is good or not, just commenting on the way it is presented)

Hi @bb6

'Each participant of the Birthday Festival will receive 20,000 Gold on the server. To take part, you need to sign up beforehand for 2,000 Gold. When the server starts, each player will then be credited with 10,000 Gold and a further 2,000 Gold for each subsequent era. So in effect, the Gold you spend on registering will increase ten-fold!'

You enter the server for 2,000 Gold, and during the server you will receive 20,000 Gold in total without any added purchases, only that 2k investment when signing up. It is your decision how you will use the gold and when. Express server has all the 6 eras and end game, speed is 2x.

• What will happen when game ends ?
    Can i transfer the unspent gold back to my other account, or it is only a way to suck up 2K gold from people ?

I will copy the answer here from the blog post:

'Can I transfer the Gold and other content (Plus Account) I receive on the festival server to other servers?
    No, that’s not possible. The Gold is only intended for this server and Plus Account days cannot be transferred.'

• Time for answers ^^

Do we get Career achievements?
    Yes, there will be achievements that get you career points.

Will festival server restart after endgame?
    No, it is a one-time-event.

What are the prizes for winners of the round?
    We intentionally did not make a competition out of it (like with Masters). Festival server is all about giving each and everyone a chance to play however they want under the exact same circumstances.

• Do we get Career achievements?
    Yes, there will be achievements that get you career points.

Does it stack with usual achievements? ( if I achieve personal top 1-10-100, would I receive both achievements for festival and usual one?)

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

• Does it stack with usual achievements? ( if I achieve personal top 1-10-100, would I receive both achievements for festival and usual one?)

Festival server career achievements are completely unique and have no effect on the regular career achievements.

• An express round runs about 7 weeks (little less, unless you actually have a week-long endgame, which I haven't seen on the server where I play), so that's 7 x 150 = 1,050 gold spent on a plus account for the round. I also like using the starter package in era 1 and the era packages for the others, so that's another 125 gold in era 1 and 5 x 250 = 1,250 across the other eras. So without buying lottery tickets or using gold for anything else, that's already 2,425 gold that I'd ideally spend during a given round.

Say what you like about the entry fee, but putting 2,000 gold toward playing a special event server where I'm going to have access to 20,000 over the course of the round... that sounds like fun, and won't cost as much as a "normal" round for me! I'd call that a win, and I'm definitely interested.

• What are the prizes for winners of the round?
    We intentionally did not make a competition out of it (like with Masters). Festival server is all about giving each and everyone a chance to play however they want under the exact same circumstances.

an entry fee of 2000 gold equals roughly 33 euro.
    I really do not understand this choice for such a high entry fee.
    I do not have any servers where I have a spare balance of 2000 gold and I'm certainly not gonna pay 33 euro to join a special event

If I want 2000 gold per era and exact same circumstances (based on gold use) I go play a PRT server.

• Festival server career achievements are completely unique and have no effect on the regular career achievements.

Thanks, now I think that there is no point to join for me, because for winnig on my regular server I will get 2000 career points, but for winning on festival server I will get only 1000.

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

• Thanks, now I think that there is no point to join for me, because for winnig on my regular server I will get 2000 career points, but for winning on festival server I will get only 1000.

Andy, you have not to choose: to play regular game or to play festival. You can play both games and get 2000+1000=3000 career points.

• Well I have to be honest I do spend a little cash on the game in the region of £20-£40 per month over the various servers I play. I might add I do this happily as it is a game I very much enjoy playing. However as much as I would very much like to participate I certainly won’t be paying that for a one off event of any kind.

To put this in some form of context, the price of admission to the “birthday event” is approximately the same as a full priced PC/PS4 or Xbox game (perhaps £10 cheaper but very close).

Ok buying a game isnt a event so let’s make a comparison of that nature in order to be fair. This year it cost just £10 for a ticket to attend the New Years Eve fireworks display at the London Eye. This event cost in the region of £3.250.000 million pounds for the fireworks alone! You then have cost of staff for the event, policing etc etc etc..

How can you possibly make justification for the administration fee for something that in essence will cost very little to do. Give players little or no return for their investment, without whom there would be no Rail Nation then have the audacity to call this a celebration for all when it clearly is anything but that.

Yes the choice to buy gold or not is our own as is entering the event, but to simply take from your community with nothing in return is in my opinion a marketing disaster. At the absolute least make the event ticket available at a special purchase price of a reasonable amount not the full cost of 2000 gold.

It would in my opinion ease the tension of this event for all (and I use the term “all” very loosely). It would more than likely increase the overall sales and cost absolutely nothing to the company after all this is a virtual currency which by definition in the terms of the event locked to this event only. It’s either that or come up with some outstanding rewards to justify the outrageous cost to participate.

Oh and please do not insult our intelligence claiming that this is to cover administrative costs, the staff would be working regardless of if this event was on or not, as would support etc so the argument is a poor attempt to justify the price. Also claiming you will deploy a special server specifically to the event? Do me a favour the ones running the game presently will be the ones that run the event to even suggest you have additional costs of this nature is borderline to say the least.

• Thank you @Crehil for the feedback and I'm happy to hear you enjoy the game!

I do think I need to clear some of the claims though.

This Festival server is a special one of a kind round where the entry fee of 2,000 Gold is the only way to create such competitive and challenging round. Without the entry fee it would not be possible to run all the necessary services behind this server - past, present or future. There will be a dedicated Gold package available during the admission phase, but I'm afraid I don't have any further details of this package yet.

Your claim that there are very little or no costs to cover is just simply not true.

I will not share the cost structure of creating or running a game here, but just like with any industry - even your local grocery store, it's a full package/experience you get - not just virtual in-game currency or staff working regardless of this event somewhere.

This special round will decide who are the true masters of Rail Nation, and I hope you will take the challenge ^^ All the other regular servers will of course be open for free as always.