Changes To Worker Auctions

• Hi

This i have seen has been a problem for years. The underhanded tactics of bidding for workers. How can an association bid and win 6 worker auctions in 1 24 hour period. I am not talking bidding for the same worker for extended time. The only way this can be done is if a high position association places such a high price that others can't compete with just so they can win it and dismiss it and cheat other associations out of the worker. I know this has been going on for years but this round on the server i am playing there are 3 high profile associations with obviously very deep pockets putting hundreds of millions on workers and winning 6 in a row all different workers. So they are obviously dismissing workers as soon as they have won them and bidding and winning the next.

So my solution to stop this is to put a restriction on how they can dismiss workers. For example if you bid and win a worker you can't dismiss this worker for 20 hours. This in my opinion will stop all the underhanded and devious associations from stopping smaller associations from getting the good workers.

• That is a good suggestion, but to compensate, shouldn't you extend the time you see future workers ? I mean, the reasoning I have for workers is : "okay, I have 1 slot, this worker is the best of the 3 I can see, let's take him". And then, once I've won the worker, a better one appears 4 hours later (it's the first time I can see him). So I decide to bid for him as well. I've payed for 1 worker to have him only for 4 hours, but I couldn't know when I bid...

With your change, do you want associations to strategically decide "okay, is this guy worth our slot, or should we keep it open for a better one just in case", or do you just want for associations to be able to genuinely decide which workers they want ? In the second case, you should allow corps to see more workers in advance, to be able to choose which one to bid for. In the first case, corps should just think more. But then it would change the workers way of working. We would basically have 2 workers instead of 3, and the 3rd slot kept open for the best worker, just in case he appears.

Overall, 3 high profile associations x 3 workers = 18hours, doesn't surprise me at all that those 3 win all the time. Even with your change, it would probably be the same still. Because there aren't that many very active players. So, it's normal that the 3 associations with the most players bidding win. What is a problem is if 1 association starts winning everything.

Maybe just an option to justify in a few words why you dismiss a worker ? (like "Stephenson appeared, much more useful for us", or "we got Smith, we all invested what we wanted, now he is useless").

The main issue to me, is that a few workers are worth only a few seconds (Davenport in the morning for repairing trains, Roosevelt at recalc 0:00 GMT). Basically, you bid for them, use them, and then throw them away.

• On any server there is groups of associations on different worker-auctions.

Let's for arguments sake say that a server has 3 groups of 10 associations.

In the current system that means there is for example 3 workers being auctioned at any time currently. The groups are divided by rank. All the rank 1-10 are always stuck bidding against each other, which means HUGE bids every time in the first group. low prices in the 2nd group, and minimal bids in the 3rd group. It also means that the rank 4-10 has no chance what so ever of affording some of the more attractive workers, while the rank 21-22 can get those same workers for a penny, especially since the rank 25+ associations are probably going "what's a worker?"

I'm kinda tired of seeing when I'm subbing someone in a small association, they get great workers all the time, meanwhile my association has to empty the bank against the rank 1 and 3 association every time (we're #2 on that server).

There is also these people who abuse this by constantly re-making small associations to get super-cheap workers.

2 solutions here;

1. Randomising who else is bidding against who completely each time.

2. Being able to chose "bidding-group". So that the stronger associations spread out.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• There are 4 groups. One group for all associations with less than 10% PP of the leading association. The other associations are split in 3 equal groups sorted by rang.

Es sind vier Gruppen. Alle GS, die wenigger als 10% des PP der führenden GS haben, sind Gruppe 4.
    Der Rest wird in drei gleich große Gruppen aufgeteilt.

• Or make workers available only for associations with for example:

- 1-8 players

- 9-16 players

- 17-25 players

So if You compete, as small association, You have bigger chances, with other small associations, not like now that 5 players association have to compete with 25 players one.

You would think twice if You would go to join member to get from 1-8 players, to 9-16 players ;) not taking everybody who want to join, as some associations does. More strategies on here possible, more diversity.

• The main issue to me, is that a few workers are worth only a few seconds (Davenport in the morning for repairing trains, Roosevelt at recalc 0:00 GMT). Basically, you bid for them, use them, and then throw them away.

This is exactly the reason the early dismissal should be removed. The throw away culture of some associations. They are not only useful to use once then throw away. The servicing worker can be used multiple times a day. Plus take into account than an association with 25 members who all log in at different times so your being a little selfish to bid and use it once then dismiss it what about others in your association who haven't logged in yet to be able to use it. The extra prestige for delivery to cities worker is useful more than once. It can also be useful when levelling the city so you gain prestige when the good is completed. On express servers you can level a city twice a day.

I agree with the being able to see more workers in advance perhaps if you can see what workers are coming up in the next 12 hours like with competitions where you see far in advance what competitions are coming up so you can plan ahead.

• This is exactly the reason the early dismissal should be removed. The throw away culture of some associations. They are not only useful to use once then throw away. The servicing worker can be used multiple times a day. Plus take into account than an association with 25 members who all log in at different times so your being a little selfish to bid and use it once then dismiss it what about others in your association who haven't logged in yet to be able to use it. The extra prestige for delivery to cities worker is useful more than once. It can also be useful when levelling the city so you gain prestige when the good is completed. On express servers you can level a city twice a day.

The servicing is useful once a day, after the night, because there is a bug to the decay of trains. If you change the schedule of your trains every hour or so, they don't decay. (yep, signaled that 2-3 times on the french forum, never got a response. Might be a clue to report it, I'm tired of trying to get it through for the past 9 months). Most people in my team log in just before going off to work in the morning, I'm not selfish, we are organised. We know exactly when everybody will use the servicing. The extra prestige for deliveries might be useful some other times, but most importantly once a day (6-8k prestige for deliveries at recalc, 200-300 when a city levels up...).

We don't throw away to annoy other corps, we throw away because we optimise our workers. We have 3 slots, and potentially 5-6 useful workers (+km/h, - wait time being the only 2 we want to keep at all times, the 3rd slot is open to rotation).

Of course, we are picky because we are rich and basically can get any worker we want because we are way more active than the opposition, but then that's kind of the goal of this game. You don't build up a corp by getting the 25 more active players of the server together.

• This more or less applies already. It's why people keep re-making small assos for cheap workers.

And it's part of the problem.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!