era's shouldn't only have 1 kind of traction.

• in every era (or should I say in every 2 eras) there is only 1 kind of traction steam->diesel->electric

but why? because in real life in the first era (era 1 =1835 until 1925) there were already some electric trains such as the series EP 3/6, a train from 1915.

• You ask a lot of interesting questions.

I guess the goal is to put the main trains for the epoch in the game.

And they have no purpose to put all the trains of the age.

This is my personal opinion.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Erfolg ist die Fähigkeit, ohne Verlust der Begeisterung von einem Misserfolg zum anderen zu gelangen.

Успех - это способность переходить от одной неудачи к другой без потери энтузиазма.

Rail Nation Engine Compare EN DE FR RU

• I agree with justin aerts , The era's as they have it now are 2 steam, then 2 diesel, then 2 electric. Each era becoming more powerful and able to haul more than the last. In my opinion it gives the very poor and incorrect impression that electric is better than diesel, is better than steam. While this may be mostly true in Europe where the game originators are from, that is far from the truth in the rest of the world. I have mentioned in other posts before I think one of the skins for the Olympus should be the AC6000cw. The most powerful single engine diesel locomotive ever built (6000 HP). A diesel with tremendous fuel economy and tractive force. but they only have some Chinese electric driven monstrosity that would never work in the U.S. (in fact no electric train would be feasible outside of inner-city passenger service because the distances and rural expanses are too great and the infrastructure would be prohibitively expensive and inefficient to maintain). LEts not forget that there were MANY steam engine that outclassed and outperformed early diesels well into the 1950's and a few that can even keep up with some of today's average trains. the Virginia railway "Blue Ridge" class (7500 HP), or the Union Pacific "Big Boy" are two of the most well known examples.

I think the eras and the research points, and the imaginary train names we have now should remain as they are. But the "production series" should be completely re-aligned with different trains to better represent trains of particular time periods AND tractive force / horsepower, mixing steam/diesel/electric all together so that you work from least to most powerful, regardless of fuel type.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nerisrath: fact and spelling correction ().

• in every era (or should I say in every 2 eras) there is only 1 kind of traction steam->diesel->electric

but why? because in real life in the first era (era 1 =1835 until 1925) there were already some electric trains such as the series EP 3/6, a train from 1915.

It's a game. Does not reflect reality. It's the way they have chosen the style, call it ambience.