Battle of Europe: Regional Ranking: Player Prestige portion

• The help says:

Player prestige: sum of the prestige of the top 100 players of the region, multiplied by 0.005.

What if a region has less players? Say region A has 60 players and region B has 40, what happens?

1. Does region A have a numeric advantage simply because they've zerged the region?

2. Is the number of player taken into account capped at the number of player in the smallest region? (eg. sum of the prestige of the top 40 players)

3. Is the average taken into account? =SUM(A1, A60)/60*40

3 seems complicated.

2 is fair.

1 is the simpler solution, but unfair, especially when a large difference in players is observable.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• pretty sure it's solution 1. SoE has a design problem, due to the low population on most servers.

I see, thanks for the answer.

Isn't this something that could be addressed?

Rather than having an hardcoded value the server could use a different number, maybe at the end of day 1 could make an average of players from all the regions and use that for the game, shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Sorry for jumping in on a thread but ....

What defines a "region" on SoE?

Is the answer the same for all game worlds?

Different worlds have different rules.

Classic game has no regions, everyone fight for his city and that's about it.

In USA you have 2 regions, it is called East vs West.

In Europe you have 10 regions, you belong to the region you start in, each region is made of 5 cities.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Thank you for reply, Stubaski :thumbsup:

Playing on the Birthday Festival server it's my first time on Classical and Express so don't have to bother about regions on that, phew!!!

USA map is my fav. atm anyways 8o

Had a go at Europe, joined late, Era 2 I think, but left when reached Era 4/5 Didn't like getting swamped with messages about regions and councils and votes ... too much to take in first time playing on it ! Shall have to look at a Europe map sometime anyway.

• Thank you for reply, Stubaski :thumbsup:

Playing on the Birthday Festival server it's my first time on Classical and Express so don't have to bother about regions on that, phew!!!

USA map is my fav. atm anyways 8o

Had a go at Europe, joined late, Era 2 I think, but left when reached Era 4/5 Didn't like getting swamped with messages about regions and councils and votes ... too much to take in first time playing on it ! Shall have to look at a Europe map sometime anyway.

You can mute channels, check the bell icon.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia