Final/EG - Needs to be improved?

• Sabotaging the endgame of another cities is not clever play. A city which wins with fair play that are winners to me.

well I said explicity that I sabotage their mistakes to capitalize on them. I do agree that purposefully destroying WT is stupid and unfair. But I do think using the mistakes of the opponents also is a way of beating those teams that regroup half of the server.

and the clever part on my message was more about the weeks of preparation ahead of time to get industries leveled up properly, and the start time chosen carefully based and day / holiday periods, whereas most EG cities just play day by day, and start the EG "randomly"

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• and the clever part on my message was more about the weeks of preparation ahead of time to get industries leveled up properly, and the start time chosen carefully based and day / holiday periods, whereas most EG cities just play day by day, and start the EG "randomly"

With "wait-time" 0, you'll need to change your strategy.

This is a fact!

There will be other priorities now!

Success will depend more on the activity of your team.

And your leadership skills

• or you can only bring goods to your selected homecity, that avoids also a lot of spoilers of the waittimes.

When 2 (or more) EG-cities are neighbours, there would probably be shared factories where waitingtimes could be spoiled (intentionally or not) :/

If an association needs to play in a winning city (other than the hometown) the Chair can easily change the hometown of the association, and players can do it for themselves, but that needs to be done before the EG starts, as it already is right now.

If players are restricted to their hometown they have less possibilities to fight for good position, but everyone fighting for a good position will have that "problem", so they just need to get their good position before EG starts 8o

REAL TEAM-players only play EG in their homecity, and won't get their prestige in other EG-cities during online calling in their own city.

What I actually do enjoy most in the EG is that, as a caller, I can make a difference. I can best bigger groups just by being more clever than them. With everything at 0 wait time, you would spoil most of the "pre-EG preparation" that most people don't do, and gives my home city an edge (growing the warehouse, selecting specific goods, etc).

I would not enjoy a game where the winner is simply the city with most "brute-force", or most people staying awake for the entirety of the EG. And I think it's too difficult to balance EG just with consumption.

Also, I do like having the option of sabotaging another EG city in favour of mine. Punishing their mistakes (let's say, they call an offline good cars, and I take the majority to punish them for example). You would remove this option as well. Basically, a big bunch of idiots could best 25 clever guys (sorry for the crude way of saying it^^), which cannot happen at this time.

I agree with the first part. With good leadership and good strategy you will increase your chances to win EG, even if your opponents have more players in their groups.

But I don't like the sabotaging part... I understand why it could be done, but who are you to decide another EG-city makes a mistake, maybe it's their strategy to call an offline good cars.

I would rather lose with fair play, than win by sabotaging :saint:

Sabotaging the endgame of another cities is not clever play. A city which wins with fair play that are winners to me.

:thumbsup:

With "wait-time" 0, you'll need to change your strategy.

This is a fact!

I think EG will get much easier when waitingtimes are 0 all times:

- You only need to connect the nearest factories;

- You don't need to switch routes after recalculation, you haul until good is fully delivered;

- Calling will be easy because everywhere is waitingtime 0.

Furthermore I actually think that in this way success will depend less on the activity of players and leadership skills...

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M19 Allstars Final :engine1: COM301 The Alps :engine1:

• Option 2) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries = 0 (-100%)!

Every hour - the goods in town become = 0!

Option 3) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries -75%!

Option 4) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries -50%!

Now most of the final - is waiting.

The goal: more activity, less waiting!

• Furthermore I actually think that in this way success will depend less on the activity of players and leadership skills...

If the formula for consumption is good!

It will be much more important for the leader to have active players who only carry 1 good!

The number of active players will be much more important!

Therefore, you will need special leadership skills!

You have to collect teams only from active players!

And players must follow your instructions strictly!

• With "wait-time" 0, you'll need to change your strategy.

This is a fact!

In SoE, it would be based on which team gets Manchester, where the warehouse is 6 tracks away from the city, and can be used to avoid all 7 and 8 tracks goods. Amazing...

I don't know about your endgames, but mine are mostly active. You need an active team already to stand a chance, and coordination is already central to winning. This coordination is brought by leadership skills.

Overall, we already need all the skills you say would be needed, but we need more (preparation, thinking ahead). Why remove those ? I don't understand why you would say EG is mostly waiting right now. With some russian teams closing EG in a day or so, and my inactive server finishing EG in 48h total. I don't think 1h / good (with twice 10 hours sleep with no rush) is too long, and a lot of waiting.

Maybe I only saw servers with a specific strategy that does not reflect the reality...

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

The post was edited 1 time, last by sacroima ().

• In SoE, it would be based on which team gets Manchester, where the warehouse is 6 tracks away from the city, and can be used to avoid all 7 and 8 tracks goods. Amazing...

A solution to this can be found.

If the wait time is = 0.

The port and warehouses may be banned.

If the wait time is > 0.

The port and warehouses may not have a reduction in time.

I don't know about your endgames, but mine are mostly active. You need an active team already to stand a chance, and coordination is already central to winning. This coordination is brought by leadership skills.

Overall, we already need all the skills you say would be needed, but we need more (preparation, thinking ahead). Why remove those ? I don't understand why you would say EG is mostly waiting right now. With some russian teams closing EG in a day or so, and my inactive server finishing EG in 48h total. I don't think 1h / good (with twice 10 hours sleep with no rush) is too long, and a lot of waiting.

Maybe I only saw servers with a specific strategy that does not reflect the reality...

On some servers, the finals last up to 3-4 days.

What do you think?

Why is the final 24-48+? Why is it not 6-9 hours?

Where has so much time been lost?

This time is not in active game play!

This time is waiting!

More than 90% of the final is waiting! I suggest it be reduced to 30-50%!

For All Finals: Most Time - Waiting!

My goal: More activity! Less wait!

In my opinion: It would be best if all the finals ended in 6-9 hours (Active play!).

The time of the players must be valued. Do not be lost in waiting!

The most important must be activity and team play.

I personally. For the final of a game that lasts up to 3 months. I do not want to spend more than 9 hours of my life! (9 hours active game play)

And you?

• Also, I do like having the option of sabotaging another EG city in favour of mine. Punishing their mistakes (let's say, they call an offline good cars, and I take the majority to punish them for example).

Please explain why you feel calling Cars as an offline good is a mistake. I have seen it done in most of the EGs I have played.

• Interesting 4 variants of reform for megapolices... :/

I have questions about it.

Option 1) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries = 0 (-100%)!

Option 3) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries -75%!

Option 4) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries -50%!

What's difference between these options except for time difference load? What will be Endgame if these rules will be accepted?

I think that Endgame will stay too simple for game genre strategy. How can this idea do game more cheerful and interesting?

Option 2) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries = 0 (-100%)!

This variant should not be at all, because this one can to deprive opportunity to finish Endgame with relatively few players. In present form at least there is hypothetical possibility gradually for a long time.

• Moreover, many problems and nerves will disappear!

There will be no problem with trolls and forgotten trains.

A faster finish! Better balance!

More players will be able to use Boost & Mechanic.

And there will be no/less need for ID (Instant dispatch).

• I think that strategy must be the most important but I see in your ideas only simplification.

I support you!

Let strategy be more important! Do you have a suggestion?

But let everything end in 6-9 hours (Active Game Play!).

• Adding a fixed wait time of zero, or creating a significantly reduce wait time (-75% etc), does nothing but makes the city with the most tractive force and the closest goods the winner. After a round or two at most, active players with enough creditcard power to have every upgraded bonus engine, and all have well developed CE will team up and decend on one city with the shortest total tracks among all goods, making the win completely predictable, unfair, and not fun - even for those winning.....where's the challenge? You will create a situation where each scenario will have 1 city that wins every server every time.

What makes EG fun and challenging is the dynamic flow of everyone adjusting every hour as wait times and activity levels change. Without this it just becomes another pointless grind.

• Adding a fixed wait time of zero, or creating a significantly reduce wait time (-75% etc), does nothing but makes the city with the most tractive force and the closest goods the winner. After a round or two at most, active players with enough creditcard power to have every upgraded bonus engine, and all have well developed CE will team up and decend on one city with the shortest total tracks among all goods, making the win completely predictable, unfair, and not fun - even for those winning.....where's the challenge? You will create a situation where each scenario will have 1 city that wins every server every time.

What makes EG fun and challenging is the dynamic flow of everyone adjusting every hour as wait times and activity levels change. Without this it just becomes another pointless grind.

You're kidding!

The final can not be won by credit cards.

You need a lot of active players!

You need a good and active team.

Generally. Goods in cities are balanced!

Otherwise the finals would be meaningless!

• Option 2) Waitnig Time (WT) of all industries = 0 (-100%)!

This variant should not be at all, because this one can to deprive opportunity to finish Endgame with relatively few players. In present form at least there is hypothetical possibility gradually for a long time.

The purpose of this proposal is more strategy.

Because the good must be finished before the end of the hour.

The goods in the city may not be reset.

If the goods delivered in the city are few. (Total for 1 hour)

This is a matter of exact formula

• Please explain why you feel calling Cars as an offline good is a mistake. I have seen it done in most of the EGs I have played.

4 lines of integration (decent chance of a few of those goods being also needed for a rush).

5 hours and half the map to cross to do the integration.

usually not that far from the city (5 tracks is the average I think), so decent chances to do it as a rush.

so many better choices for offline goods.

Overall, when you have the choice between, let's say, bauxite and cars. Both 5 tracks on average, one must be rushed, the other offline. what are your 2 "optimal" scenarios ? 1/ bauxite rush and cars offline ? cars will have a wait time going up to 10 minutes because one of the lines of appro will be impossible to balance (too far, too difficult to balance). And the total time will be something like 20min for the entire trip. Bauxite is a classic rush 0 WT. 2/ bauxite offline and cars rush ? bauxite will have a wait time around 1-2 min (max 4 for someone without majority), a total trip of 5min. Cars will be a classic rush 0 WT.

Personnally, the choice is quickly made. But I know a lot of people don't get it.

Usually, cars called offline is the strategy of "I don't know how to handle it, let's put it as offline and forget about it, I hope it goes away".

Generally. Goods in cities are balanced!

Otherwise the finals would be meaningless!

For now, at least on SoE, some cities have a lack of warehouse / harbour, but every good within 7 tracks, whereas others (Manchester) have a closer harbour, but farther industries (stainless steel at 8 tracks I think). So yeah, you have 7-8 cities that are good choices for the EG, with advantages and disadvantages, because of the WT that removes any possibilité of easily abusing of a closer harbour (you need awesome coordination for a harbour to be at 0 WT every second hour, impossible in practice). With your suggestion, you would need to rebalance a few things in the layout.

And no, I disagree with your statement of an EG being 6-9 hours actually. ;) I understand why some people would want the EG to be that short, but I feel that, after such a long server (3 months), it is more rewarding to have the opportunity to play for 2 days. 6-9 hours is way too short for people that cannot login before 7 pm for example (5 hours lost). Whereas for the moment, 5 hours out of the 48 is only a small annoyance.

The goal of the EG, to me, is not for everybody to be connected the full duration of the EG, but for the caller to be able to do the most, out of the connection time of his teammates.

However, I can understand your frustration on an EG that is 4 days long. We could imagine a mecanism for the EG to get easier, starting 48hours after the start of each megacity (therefore, starting first would become an advantage again, because you would get this bonus before the others). Or other ideas on that basis of "EG is supposed to be 48 hours long", or whatever you feel is the right length, and then gets easier until someone finishes.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• With a continues waittime of zero you better can skip the endgame completely. Why play an endgame than? The city with the most hauling power will win without any doubt. No strategies needed. Just fill every good after each other.

And endgame finishing in 6-9 hours isn't rewarding for 3 months of work. I enjoy the endgames and in average they take between 24 to 36 hours on international servers and up to 48 hours on specified country servers. I play classic servers only and sometimes golden gate servers.

the only thing what needs to be changed is the benefit that starting at #10 is the best position to win the endgame because of the amount of tons which needs to delivered are depending on the city level at start of the endgame.

This part needs a make over and bring back that #1 is the best start position.

Also the city consumption must not be calculated from the amount of connected active people, but of the amount of active delivering people towards a city (no pax hauling included because that has no consumption). This applies to normal game play and endgame

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?