Final/EG - Needs to be improved?

• Maybe 36 hours. Or 48 hours.

Definitely there must be a limit.

Then change the rules and make the Endgame faster!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Erfolg ist die Fähigkeit, ohne Verlust der Begeisterung von einem Misserfolg zum anderen zu gelangen.

Успех - это способность переходить от одной неудачи к другой без потери энтузиазма.

Rail Nation Engine Compare EN DE FR RU

• I didn't read this whole thread because I didn't see it until it got very long. However, I would highly object to watering down the endgame. It is a beautiful puzzle, and figuring out the next good to call based on wait times and player activity; having teams prove they can actually work together and put the best game habits into practice is what it's all about. A good endgame can already be done in under 24 hours even without perfect wait times. Why would you want to take the challenge and intricacy out of something and make it simply about brute force?

• I didn't read this whole thread because I didn't see it until it got very long. However, I would highly object to watering down the endgame. It is a beautiful puzzle, and figuring out the next good to call based on wait times and player activity; having teams prove they can actually work together and put the best game habits into practice is what it's all about. A good endgame can already be done in under 24 hours even without perfect wait times. Why would you want to take the challenge and intricacy out of something and make it simply about brute force?

I'm from people who would enjoy a faster finish.

It requires me too much time.

And most of the time is waiting.

Very annoying to me.

And it hinders me from the other things in life.

But most players do not have my problem :)

That's why everything is super 8)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Erfolg ist die Fähigkeit, ohne Verlust der Begeisterung von einem Misserfolg zum anderen zu gelangen.

Успех - это способность переходить от одной неудачи к другой без потери энтузиазма.

• I play with many teams!

In many scenarios!

At different places it is very different :)

• Endgames that are only 9hrs (or less) will discount many players from being able to participate because they are asleep and/or at work.

How would you like an EG to start at midnight CET? That would be great for those on the West Coast of America, Nz, Australia etc, but all of the Europeans would wake up to find they had missed it.

• Now there are finals finishing in 9 hours.

Everybody is very happy with such a quick finish.

I thought how great it would be if all the finals were so.

But I was wrong!

Fact. For most players, the long finish is better.

• I understand what you are saying about the supply line, however imo Cars is still a legitimate option for offline, but it does depend on what other goods are available. Many EGs players have very few Car wagons, so they can have a few car trains running offline with the rest running pax, they feel they are contributing more, which is another option I understand.

Personally I prefer to have cars as an online good, as I do all of the era 6 industries however sometimes that isn't practical. One recent EG we had 7 goods from era 5 & 6 in the first 12 so straight away there are huge logistical issues, especially with low numbers which is common on some servers.

• While supply lines is the biggest reason I never have cars or most era 6 goods as an offline, there is another thing to consider. People who are not active players in the game, and therefore the endgame, are the least likely people to be able to afford full sets of expensive carts. That means an offline call for those goods will lead to a greater number of people hauling random stuff and wrecking wait times.

Plus, as a caller, I find it to be most effective to be able to control when the difficult goods are called and how they are called. Especially when over half the set is tricky.

• I think the formula for waiting times could be adjusted. Right now a small amount of hauling, like 1 player for example can ruin the WT for everyone, putting it over a minute for the next hour, meanwhile if 60 players hit the same industry the WT will go to 10+ minutes the next hour.

I think it would make sense if let's say an amount corresponding to the first 2-3% of active players in an EG city did not count towards the WT, this way the EG-spoilers can't effect as much anymore, yet WTs still apply for normal end gaming.

Another change I'd like to see is that all engines of all types should be parked in the next city/stop they reach in the shift between era 6 and the endgame, which get's rid of all the people that forget their trains on routes before EGs. These have nothing to do with the "skill" or planning of the people who actually play the endgame but often lead to great disturbances.

Like players who can't or don't read, and drone on back and forth to a warehouse or a harbor for era 2-6, never realizing that it's a game with a finite goal or anything and just don't understand the concept of endgames or prestige or anything. There is no reaching these players, and there is no offensive measures to kill them off to be able to have a working endgame.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• I love your idea of having all trains be parked in the city once it starts its endgame. After all, it's already done for 36 of the 48 goods, why not all of them ?

For the WT, I don't know. Because, as we have seen on a few topics on this forum, the situation between a .de EG, and a .com one for example, is extremely big. While it is "easy" to destroy WT in a .com EG, I'm pretty sure a single player cannot raise WT above 20sec in a .de EG, just because they are much more active, with higher level industries and cities. The issue is finding the balance, so that every server can enjoy the EG as much as possible.

• The possibility to park trains by sort, (cargo or pax) is a very good suggestion.

I want to add something else, now you can't change association during the endgame, that is ok but I would like to see the option that a person during the endgame can be fired from an association, only done by the Chairperson.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• The possibility to park trains by sort, (cargo or pax) is a very good suggestion.

I want to add something else, now you can't change association during the endgame, that is ok but I would like to see the option that a person during the endgame can be fired from an association, only done by the Chairperson.

Oh yeah this, because it's in the EG you see who the most destructive members are.

I already have 1 member on que up for instant kick when Big Ben starts again because I couldn't during the EG.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• I love your idea of having all trains be parked in the city once it starts its endgame. After all, it's already done for 36 of the 48 goods, why not all of them ?

For the WT, I don't know. Because, as we have seen on a few topics on this forum, the situation between a .de EG, and a .com one for example, is extremely big. While it is "easy" to destroy WT in a .com EG, I'm pretty sure a single player cannot raise WT above 20sec in a .de EG, just because they are much more active, with higher level industries and cities. The issue is finding the balance, so that every server can enjoy the EG as much as possible.

I don't like it. Active players have multiple avenues which would be reduced if trains were parked.

Example, I know I will not be online when EG starts and I choose to switch to pax and go offline, I would be stopped and my trains parked.

I appreciate the problem, there are player truly difficult to reach, however, the solution to deal with a few isn't changing the game play of everyone. It's a risk you incur and you should be able to deal with it before era6. If the player is in your association, attempt to talk, then kick him. If he forms his own association set as enemy. If he still ignores you tough luck.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• >>> Final/EG - Needs to be improved?

>>> Final/EG - Needs to be improved?

>>> Final/EG - Needs to be improved?

Goal: A fair and interesting final/endgame for everyone

Proposal: Final - City competition

1) All cities start simultaneously

2) The position of the city brings more prestige points for goods delivered in this city (nothing more)

2*) Opportunity: Europe, USA - The city's position gives regional points

3) New 12 goods open every 12 or 24 hours (All 12 goods remain open for the entire 12 or 24 hour period)

4) The time for transporting goods is 12 or 24 hours (For each set)

5) The whole finale lasts 2 or 4 days. Exactly!

6) The winner is defined by the formula when the entire period is over (The formula includes a quantity of goods, balance ....)

7) We need a fairer system of distribution of the prestige in the team.

8) At the start of each set: All trains except the Passenger are parked (15 minutes (1 hour?) before the start of the final, the city becomes closed for goods (except for passengers))

What do you think about this idea?

>> 2) The position of the city brings more prestige points for goods delivered in this city (nothing more)

Example: (how the bonus might look like)

Start Position of the city / Maximum prestige for goods

1) +35%

2) +27%

3) +20%

4) +15%

5) +10%

6) +8%

7) +6%

8) +4%

9) +2%

10) +0%

11) +0%

12) +0%

13) +0%

14) +0%

15) +0%

Option 2:

1) +30%

2) +22%

3) +15%

4) +12%

5) +10%

6) +8%

7) +6%

8) +4%

9) +2%

10) +0%

11) +0%

12) +0%

13) +0%

14) +0%

15) +0%

>> 6) The winner is defined by the formula when the entire period is over (The formula includes a quantity of goods, balance ....)

Example (Formula):

Average arithmetic between: The 4 least delivered goods

(total or from each set - one good)

>> 7) We need a fairer system of distribution of the prestige in the team.

Example:

Formula 97!

Player 1 100% Prestige.

Player 2 97% of player 1

Player 3 97% of player 2

1)100%

2)97%

3)94,09%

4)91,26%

5)88,52%

6)85,87%

7)83,29%

8)80,79%

9)78,37%

10)76,02%

11)73,74%

12)71,53%

13)69,38%

14)67,30%

15)65,28%

16)63,32%

17)61,42%

18)59,58%

19)57,79%

20)56,06%

21)54,37%

22)52,74%

23)51,16%

24)49,63%

25)48,14%

26)46,69%

The post was edited 15 times, last by Hear Me Roar ().

• I think that you are bored, too much spare time and you're killing it by trying to redesign the game.

Now most players lose wishes to play in the final.

Because the winner is seen in advance.

Furthermore. There must be enough time for all players to enter the final.

I think now the final is the most boring part of the game.

• 2) The position of the city brings more prestige points for goods delivered in this city (nothing more)

Example: (how the bonus might look like)

Start Position of the city / Maximum prestige for goods

1) +35%

2) +27%

3) +20%

4) +15%

5) +10%

6) +8%

7) +6%

8) +4%

9) +2%

10) +0%

11) +0%

12) +0%

13) +0%

14) +0%

15) +0%

Option 2:

1) +30%

2) +22%

3) +15%

4) +12%

5) +10%

6) +8%

7) +6%

8) +4%

9) +2%

10) +0%

11) +0%

12) +0%

13) +0%

14) +0%

15) +0%

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hear Me Roar ().

• 6) The winner is defined by the formula when the entire period is over (The formula includes a quantity of goods, balance ....)

Example (Formula):

Average arithmetic between: The 4 least delivered goods

(total or from each set - one good)

• 7) We need a fairer system of distribution of the prestige in the team.

Example:

Formula 97!

Player 1 100% Prestige.

Player 2 97% of player 1

Player 3 97% of player 2

1)100%

2)97%

3)94,09%

4)91,26%

5)88,52%

6)85,87%

7)83,29%

8)80,79%

9)78,37%

10)76,02%

11)73,74%

12)71,53%

13)69,38%

14)67,30%

15)65,28%

16)63,32%

17)61,42%

18)59,58%

19)57,79%

20)56,06%

21)54,37%

22)52,74%

23)51,16%

24)49,63%

25)48,14%

26)46,69%