disadvantages when only hauling pax

• I haul on one of the servers I play only pax. As pax hauler you have a lot of disadvantages compared to cargo haulers.

There are very less pax competitions, licences are sometimes very rare.

You have to use a lot of money in the beginning to build your train station and lab simultaniously. Don't mention the cost of connecting cities and often very low income compared to cargo.

I would like to see a better division between the costs, income and other game features such as competitions etc. between cargo and pax.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Hi naike and thanks for the feedback!

Using only pax engines is a choice, and you also have a choice to use cargo engines next to pax engines. Both have their advantages and switching between them at the right moment is part of the game. Cargos are good in the beginning, and pax engines can bring lots of cash later on when switching between schedules and cities. I don't see much reason to change this balance, as both engine types serve their purpose.

More competitions for pax engines, this wish I do understand. How many pax competitions would you like to see? Double? Triple?

• For the first time I became a winner with passengers.

• I choose to haul only pax for different reasons.

A question to Samisu, why would I start hauling both? Even more disadvantages are coming up than and a lot more costs because you have to buy double sets of trains the ivrsymeny in the wagons. With the change it the research trees and changes of specifications you n me need already to have at least two sets of cargo trains. Changing trains from idle to active takes 10 minutes, a lot of time losses.

Competitions I would like to see in the same amounts as cargo competitions. Or an option to choose between cargo or pax competition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I don't know why you choose only to haul passengers, would you explain your reasons?

From my viewpoint passengers are just 1 of 49 goods. I would compare you saying 'I only haul pax' to another player saying 'I only haul coal'. Both are clearly sub-optimal strategies, which you are entitled to pursue, but with the consequence that the cash will often suck. I also think the same comparison stands for competitions and licenses.

Maybe the new scenario will put far more weight on passenger hauling? That might be a way to mix things up more and differentiate is more clearly.

• Pax is an always asked "good" for cities. We have decided to form a pax asso to assist cities with their pax. with pax you need to play this game with a total different strategy.

So will others choose to haul only cargo goods and no pax at all, except for possible bonus engines they win.

For cargo hauling people there is almost every 6 hours a competition they can be part of, for pax haulers with luck 1 in 24 hours. this is in my opinion not a very equal division of opportunities to win some gold and prestige. Besides you have to buy double of everything and you lose 20 minutes with changing from pax engines to cargo eniges and back. A lot of income and prestige losses.

• I love the Steam over Europe way of handling this issue, with one mayor choosing which good he wants for competition (that includes paxs).

I wouldn't say full passengers are "all negative" as you tend to point them though. For a very active player, I believe it is the easiest way to get a lot of money, at least early on, and also they cost less, the further the game advances (no need to buy those expensive wagons). So yeah, it is a trade-off between less prestige and more money.

I think they managed to balance passengers quite nicely, compared to the past (many complaints I've heard about, even though I wasn't playing back then). And the addition of a second passenger train for each era added to that balance, IMO.

For the licence issue, it is the same for everyone. If you want a licence for one specific good, it's very difficult to get it, except if you have very broad connection times (let's say you are in era 4, you have 30 goods possible for licences).

• think pax-only is mostly a convenient choice, it's also the best cash-choice as mentioned above.

If it also became the best PP-choice, thereby being best in every category, nobody would play cargo, and the game would come to a halt as nothing gets done.

Then all cities will be level 5, and the only metric of the game would be "who changes schedules most often"

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• For cargo hauling people there is almost every 6 hours a competition they can be part of, for pax haulers with luck 1 in 24 hours. this is in my opinion not a very equal division of opportunities to win some gold and prestige. .

Pax is one of 49 goods so in reality there should be 1 comp in 49 for pax to have an equal division.

If you only included RGs (which are not the only comp requirement) then each city would have 1 pax comp in 5.

• If you only included RGs (which are not the only comp requirement) then each city would have 1 pax comp in 5.

That isn't so, sometimes none in days in a city. I understand it is counted as the 49th good. All cargo goods competitions can hauled by cargo haulers. e.g. you are connected with 2 cities you have 8 competitions. As cargo hauler you can enter all 8. When you want to enter those as pax hauler you have to reactivate twice your trains for 10 minutes per competition. That is a time loss of 8*20 minutes. I'm now connected to 5 cities and don't have every day a chance of hauling at least one pax competiton.

• I'm now connected to 5 cities and don't have every day a chance of hauling at least one pax competiton.

I'm a player who likes to play with passengers.

Passengers have one great feature.

There is no need to buy wagons.

So you can connect to many cities (20-25-30).

This way you will have many opportunities to compete with passengers.

So,

It's easy! Just connect to more cities.

• That isn't so, sometimes none in days in a city. I understand it is counted as the 49th good. All cargo goods competitions can hauled by cargo haulers. e.g. you are connected with 2 cities you have 8 competitions. As cargo hauler you can enter all 8. When you want to enter those as pax hauler you have to reactivate twice your trains for 10 minutes per competition. That is a time loss of 8*20 minutes. I'm now connected to 5 cities and don't have every day a chance of hauling at least one pax competiton.

When you are a cargo hauler you may well change trains to enter a comp - I do regularly - so you also have to cope with the 10 minute cool down. You just have to decide if the loss of 10 minutes is worth the potential prize for entering the comp.

On many days some cities have 3 or 4 pax comps so having none at times is fine. It is all part of the strategy. Some do pax, some cargo and many switch between the two.