Europe - Change Region

• Europe - Change Region

1 time a year - free (1 change for all servers)

then

Era 1 - 1000 gold

Era 2 - 2000 gold

Era 3 - 3000 gold

Era 4 - 4000 gold

Era 5 - 6000 gold

Era 6 - 8000 gold

• You can play different region on different server.

Its made on purpose, so You haul as a team not only in association, not only in city but also for region.

If You can change region, differences between regions would rise, cause there is blockade of joining too many players to cities and in result to join too much of them to region.

I am for: no.

• If there are players who want to fund the game!

This is a good for everyone!

Still, I think it's too much gold for what you get.

However,

if you want to fund the game ...

why not!;)

• Interesting idea, even if I have to agree with Seroslav . Using gold to move between regions would kind of remove the gameplay mechanics and strategy that makes SoE special.

Instead of changing regions, what if there were ways to work more closely with mayors, presidents, associations of the neighboring cities?

• Interesting idea, even if I have to agree with Seroslav . Using gold to move between regions would kind of remove the gameplay mechanics and strategy that makes SoE special.

Instead of changing regions, what if there were ways to work more closely with mayors, presidents, associations of the neighboring cities?

In a sense, I also agree!

I'm also on the game by region.

But the system is broken :(

Strong teams play in 2-3 regions.

In the rest of the regions ... the game almost does not work.

Strong players from other regions go to strong regions.

Why do I think this suggestion is good?

1 (free) change per year.

It will allow a player to move to his new team (Without losing buildings and prestige!!!).

And to play his game in this team (in the next rounds).

But it will not change the balance in the game.

These players now also do not play for their failed region.

Paid change!

Very few players will make such a change.

This will not change the balance!

I think the price is too high for what you get.

That's why I think it's a good way to fund the game!

Without changing the balance! ;)

• I agree with you that the regions system is broken.

But why encourage even more this broken system to work ? There are 10 regions in the Steam over Europe scenario. We should find ways to force players to play in those 10 regions, not facilitate even more a grouping of all the players into 2-3 regions. Otherwise, let's just remove 5 regions entirely, they are useless anyway, and it would make my flash run smoother.

• I agree with you that the regions system is broken.

But why encourage even more this broken system to work ? There are 10 regions in the Steam over Europe scenario. We should find ways to force players to play in those 10 regions, not facilitate even more a grouping of all the players into 2-3 regions. Otherwise, let's just remove 5 regions entirely, they are useless anyway, and it would make my flash run smoother.

I think many times how to get the system running.

And I do not have a good idea.

I begin to accept that this issue has no solution.

Otherwise ...

Players

They have no right to choose a region. Only city.

Teams

Pre-registration of teams should be banned.

Or teams to be put automatically into a city (without a choice)

(Or choosing only a city but not a region)

Regions

All regions should be locked.

Each player can only play in their region. (Exception - for passengers only)

• As simple as getting the pre-registration limit down from 4 associations per region to 2 per region, until every region has at least 1 association in it. And again with the limit to 3 association per region, until every region has 2 associations.

Because the situation, as of now, is : 3 regions with 4 associations each. 7 regions with almost nothing. I give an example from my server, but most "low-populated" ones are similar. Exceptions would be .de servers.

• The idea is good.

But I'm afraid it will be easy to hack.

With 2 (3,4 ...) account.

New teams will be made.

And fictitious teams will be registered

• Pre-register for your association but the associations are allocated to a random city upon reset. No pre-registration of cities at all.

Yes this is an incredible idea that is being discussed at the German forum.

Voranmeldung

Can create a lot of grievance on the map of Europe.

But it can also solve some problems.

• Something that is actually done a lot of times when there are many different groups that have to choose 1 project out of 30 :

- step 1 : choose X cities (maybe 4?) you would want your association to go into, those have to be in Y different regions (3?). That is done by the president of the association upon pre-registration. If it is not done, (pre-registration done has of now, only 1 city), then the program assumes this choice is the first choice, but if not possible to attribute, second to X choices are assumed random >> You can end up in any city.

- step 2 : an algorithm is selecting which city each team goes into "randomly", trying to accomodate as best it can the different choices. You should always get one of your choices. But you don't know which choice the other teams will get.

The algorithm is made, so that each region is fairly represented upon restart. This allows the algorithm to cross-check, so that the strength of an association is also taken into account (avoid the issue of having 4 5-men associations in one region, 4 25-men association in another.

Obviously, X and Y have to be small enough, that people don't get angry. But large enough, so that you don't have issues where 1 association ends up in a city it did not choose.

I've seen this process used a lot, especially to attribute projects to groups at uni for example. Mostly, it avoids complaints. Because it is not fully random. Obviously, sometimes you won't have your first choice, but still you will be happy. We can also think of implementing a memory to that process, so that when your team gets its third or last choice, it is guaranteed a first or second choice the next game, or something like that. If that is done, you would have to force first and second choice to be in 2 different regions though.

We can even suppose a pre-registration "group" of 2 associations. But more than 2 associations playing together on SoE is toxic for the game and the competition, on most servers. So I would put that limit at 2 maximum.

Sadly, I don't speak german well enough to explain all of what I just wrote on that topic.^^

• Yes this is an incredible idea that is being discussed at the German forum.

Voranmeldung

Can create a lot of grievance on the map of Europe.

But it can also solve some problems.

In what way does it create grievance? That a strong association cannot keep playing the same city(ies) with a group of strong associations? Tough, it levels things out, I can tell you already who will win on Tower Bridge, in fact I could have told you in Era 1, as I can on Grand Central. Many other servers are the same the way that the strongest players stick together.

• Exactly as I suggested

In the way that teams of associations which are friends which eachother and playing together for a long time can't use the preregistration anymore.

It is because of those teams of associations that mean other people don't stand a chance of winning, which means many walk away from the game. Surely it makes for a better competition if the strongest associations have to actually play against each other? They can still be friends :)

• Exactly as I suggested

It is because of those teams of associations that mean other people don't stand a chance of winning, which means many walk away from the game. Surely it makes for a better competition if the strongest associations have to actually play against each other? They can still be friends :)

There are many other cases.

Many teams are friendly and love to play together.

Without being in the defeating region.

And this is not just in Europe.

There are many teams who do not play for victory!

But they love to play together (with other teams).

• I have been in the same associations for several resets on multiple servers, classic, east/west and europe where we have played with other teams, so I understand where you are coming from.

I have deliberately walked away from the teams on a couple of the servers though and wish I had done so on another one because it is actually more interesting building up a new team from scratch.