• Suggestions (Short version)

1) All teams start with 25 free seats (No need for headquarters)

2) Each team has 5 seats for newbies

3) Greater control for newbies

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Erfolg ist die Fähigkeit, ohne Verlust der Begeisterung von einem Misserfolg zum anderen zu gelangen.

Успех - это способность переходить от одной неудачи к другой без потери энтузиазма.

Rail Nation Engine Compare EN DE FR RU

• Suggestions (Details)

1) All teams start with 25 free seats (No need for headquarters)

All teams must start with 25 seats. Without donations for headquarters!

Donations were meaningful before the pre-registration of the teams.

Now they are harmful! Why?

All strong teams begin with 24-25 seats.

New teams start with a few.

It is very difficult for new and inexperienced players to make a big team.

Unskilled teams and players have a lot of difficulties !!!

Let's have one less!

Headquarters is an outdated system.

Now it only harm the new teams!

2) Each team has 5 seats for newbies

There are many more newbies. Than places in the strong teams.

The teams must have more places for newbies!

3,4 or 5

3) Greater control for newbies

The idea of newbies in the strong teams is incredible.

Probably one of the best.

Newcomers learn side by side with the most experienced players !!!

But it was hacked!

It is not possible for a 3 or 4 star player to be a newbie!!!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Erfolg ist die Fähigkeit, ohne Verlust der Begeisterung von einem Misserfolg zum anderen zu gelangen.

Успех - это способность переходить от одной неудачи к другой без потери энтузиазма.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hear Me Roar ().

• Headquarters is an outdated system.

Now only harm the new teams!

• Interesting idea, and more room for newcomers! I especially like the idea where friends (who are newcomers) could join the same association at the same time. No one would need to give away their newbie slot or anything like that. Thanks Hear Me Roar !

• I like the idea of having to build a team - it takes some effort and objectives must be met to achieve the level of a 25-player team. Sounds pretty boring if "everyone gets a trophy" and all corps are automatically given a cap of 25. Additionally, what of the teams that have played together, working very hard to maintain a 20+ member team that pre-registers and carries over from round to round?

Leave it as it is, please.

• I agree with Ron here, that what you have built together with friends and allies is a very important achievement and something you maintain. It's highly rewarding to have your own group like that, working together round after round.

I also like the idea of making it easier and more inviting to join a team as a new player, and not just alone but there would be others next to you learning from the best. Easier for experienced teams to take in a few new players.

There are good ideas out there how to achieve all this I'm sure, we just have to dig a bit deeper 8):saint:

• I like the idea of having to build a team - it takes some effort and objectives must be met to achieve the level of a 25-player team. Sounds pretty boring if "everyone gets a trophy" and all corps are automatically given a cap of 25. Additionally, what of the teams that have played together, working very hard to maintain a 20+ member team that pre-registers and carries over from round to round?

Leave it as it is, please.

I also like the team building process.

Now at the festival! I remembered what it is.

I miss!

But I think the system is broken now.

After creating the pre-registration.

You can see the servers.

Almost no new big teams.

Big teams conquer everything.

Small teams are very difficult to get big.

That's why I think this limitation is only a harm to small teams.

For me this is not a problem.

But I watch the game.

And I think the pre-registration is not fair for the new and weak teams.

Why only the strong teams have the right to start with 25 players?!?

Why weak teams do not have this right?

• A large team can be built - it takes patience and skill. On USA for example, start in Miami or Seattle...keep building. Those big teams did not happen overnight. Giving it away makes playing the game pointless. Starting out with a 25 member corp is the same as starting out with a maxed-out station and rails to every city.

• A large team can be built - it takes patience and skill.

Yes, that's true.

Those big teams did not happen overnight. Giving it away makes playing the game pointless. Starting out with a 25 member corp is the same as starting out with a maxed-out station and rails to every city.

Once it's so important to the game.

Let all teams start at Level 1 every round.

But there must be justice.

Strong teams start at 25.

And weak teams start at 5 !!

This is a great injustice for weak teams.

Try to look at their point of view.

If it is important to build the team.

To make the game interesting.

Let all teams start at level 1.

As they begin to build their station from - level 1.

By the example you give.

Why do some teams start with a fully built station and others start at Level 1?

Everybody should start with a completely built! Or nobody!

There is an injustice when some start and others do not.

Why only the strong teams have the right to start with 25 players?!?

Why weak teams do not have this right?

All or none.

Like at the station.

The station is fair because everyone starts at level 1.

• We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I do not know exactly what to understand?!?!

May explain in more detail your thought?

• I disagree with everyone starting with a 25-player corporation. That's one of the challenging aspects of this game. As a first-time beginner, you can either start your own corporation or, ideally, get accepted into a larger corp with experienced players that will mentor you. The snow-ball effect takes place here and the team grows. I got lucky once and started a corporation that grew into about 20 in a single round, completely to my surprise. We worked very hard to build it and recruit like-minded players with the same goals in mind.

Corporations are a key feature to this game, and building them makes it appealing given the challenge. Think about corporations like the city or landmarks - what if you started the round with your city maxed out at level 75 and your LM at 15? How challenging would that be? Pretty boring, if you ask me.

Again, I stress that corporation building should remain as-is. Taking a start-up corp to the top is a rewarding challenge.

• I favor having a portion of the old and new association building methods. The following comments refer primarily to the USA East-West scenario.

1) Allow pre-registeration for your team's chosen city.

2) The first pre-registered person to log in to the new game becomes the chair. The next five pre-registered players to log in become the members. Allow one or two newbie spots.

3) So, your association begins at 6 members plus a newbie or two, if you can recruit them. Sub-associations can be created if desired.

4) Build your main association as was done previously. Perhaps award HQ vouchers with a slightly higher frequency, in addition to the Lucy task.

5) To promote a greater participation in HQ donations among all members, award prestige points as is currently done but also award 1 RP for a player's first HQ donation, 2 for the second, etc.

I feel that returning to the HQ growing requirement will allow time for growth of an aspiring smaller association and also allow the opportunity for the emergence of a surprise city at the beginning of a game.

With associations nearly fully-staffed at game start in the USA scenario, the winning association (of which I have been a member for several games on Grand Central) and the winning city are virtually predetermined at game start.

The top associations and their chosen cities will still likely prevail but they will have to work harder to do so.

• Perhaps there is a middle ground somewhere so that it feels like the HQ and team is growing, and efforts feel like a rewarding challenge, but it would not need constant investments from everyone to get to 25.

What if the spots would be open in the beginning like now, but there would be an entry investment like purchasing a percentage / your share to join the corp. The later you join (devaluation + higher corp value), the more expensive it becomes to join. Extra spots would open only once someone offers to pay their share.

Players would not pay for others to join so that the HQ can grow, but purchase their own way in like with real corporations. What if purchasing your share could be done as a big one time investment, or as a series of investments with interest?

What if the one who starts the corp pays for the starting investment, but gets 10% of the sum everyone else invests to join? Starting a corp would cost, but you would get your money back and much more. Newbie slots would be free to enter, as the other corp members behave like business angels :saint:

What other ways are there to mimic real life corporations, keep the HQ building as a highly rewarding challenge and make it still easy and inviting to take in new players?

These are just random thoughts of mine, feel free to throw me under the train :D

• Surely there must be a change!

There are already good suggestions here!

Thank you :)

• I think it will better if teams can consist of more players and newcomers.

Good suggestion.

But, I'm afraid this will break the balance in the game!

• What's this mean?

The question has many points of view.

Here is one

When the teams are not very big.

There is a desire to create more teams.

This leads to more interesting competition between the teams