How can you stop the City from levelling?

• Can somebody please give some advice on how to stop a City levelling when trying to tandem level in Steam Over Europe.

City is following best practise of random levelling and takes City to level 8 with LM following approx 1hr later at the beginning of Era 4. Whilst 20+ players are hauling to level the LM from 8 to 9 (currently at 84%) we have had one person grow the city from 8 to 10 and it now has 3 greens with pax done for level 11. They obviously know what they are doing as they are using the best train to negate the 5 minute wait times some of us are creating. He does have some help from a very weak level 1 player, who is hauling somewhat randomly but all of the damage is being done by this one player in reality.

Surely it shouldn't be this easy to level a city but we really need to find a way to keep the city at 10 until the LM has caught up.

Any recommendations?

• The best tips are:

- Do not transport passengers to the city.

- Do not transport the RG to the city.

Ask players/teams from the region to do so

• Checks in all of those boxes. The success this one rogue player has enjoyed is puzzling. We have had a few players in the region insist on hauling pax for the cash, but no one is hauling to the city, except the rogues (and his trusty sidekick). The main antagonist plays smartly - he stays out of a corporation so there is no rival penalty and he hauls efficiently with the right selection of engines for the particular good.

The only conclusion one can come to is his actions are pure spite towards the region. I am not the most active player on the server by far, but my income, hauling to the landmark, is typically 3 to 5 times greater than his. Cross profits off the list. My prestige has me ranked around 150-160 - he's well over 500 (520 at last glance). We've made it quite well known that regional success will bring 100,000 points to each player in the end. We're struggling to keep out of 10th spot. Cross prestige off the list of motivators.

• The best tips are:

- Do not transport passengers to the city.

- Do not transport the RG to the city.

Ask players/teams from the region to do so

If only it was that easy. These two players are doing enough by themselves, nobody else is hauling the RGs and only a couple are hauling pax

• If only it was that easy. These two players are doing enough by themselves, nobody else is hauling the RGs and only a couple are hauling pax

I love Europe

And we often have such problems

Its terrible!

This was one of the reasons for this topic:

The biggest problem. Trolls!

But I do not know another solution

• Besides looking at it from the positive side

You have a player who helps you with the city while you work in a landmark ;)

• That "help" is far from accurate. We should easily be 11/10 now, instead, we're going to be 11/8. That's 4,000 points the region is without.

When we're done with the LM, we can level 3x daily. We need no help with the city while focus should be on the LM. The actions of that one player are just dumb and counterproductive. An explanation might be a player loyal to another region trying to sabo us from day one...but that seems to be quite a stretch.

Exploding engine houses - that's the solution.

• I know how terrible it is :(

Exploding engine houses - that's the solution.

Do you know why there is only a "like" in the forum?

So they will not do that.

But I understand your motives.

• Checks in all of those boxes. The success this one rogue player has enjoyed is puzzling. We have had a few players in the region insist on hauling pax for the cash, but no one is hauling to the city, except the rogues (and his trusty sidekick). The main antagonist plays smartly - he stays out of a corporation so there is no rival penalty and he hauls efficiently with the right selection of engines for the particular good.

You can try to increse the waiting time for them. Dont supply the industries they need to level the city.

• Yep - Sniffa and I are running direct. The four RG's that the city require, diverting them to the LM. A problem now is that the city has RGs that the LM has not needed yet. A level ago (LM) the LM did not need twine, but it was a new RG at the city. So, we had to run twine to the weaving mill (textiles). So, not only are we driving up WT, but now we're not able to deliver to the LM. This last level made flour the new good that we have to haul elsewhere...to pastries.

We do appreciate the ideas - keep 'em coming. We're bound to find something new to try. *Cough* Exploding engine house sabo. :)

• Salix

Here's another one of those awful problems with trolls.

One or more players kill the game's pleasure for many players.

The sense of helplessness generates anger and a desire for revenge.

• Another thing that could be done is to increase the consumption. The more players are connected to a city the higher is the consumption. So you could ask players of your region to connect your city. It can backfire though. It will be harder to level the city when you want to level it later.

Edit: And more players connected to a city will make it harder to level a landmark cause it raises the amount which need to be hauled for each good. Bad idea. You shouldn't try that.

• This is my suggestion to combat such problems

Industry - Full Control

• Europe - blocking a city

Europe - Increasing city consumption

Suggestion:

1) City's mayor may increase city consumption! (suggestion from sacroima & Sniffa )

By 20,30,50 or 100%

2) President/Cabinet may block the city's growth.

2*) Mayor may block the city's growth. Another option in choosing the next "Required good" - Blocking!

3) Restriction for the mayor! Be from this region! (As it is now for the president)

4) Players can only vote for mayors in their own region.

* This is a strategic blocking of the city's growth.

Because Europe is a unique scenario.

Only in this scenario the growth of the city is undesirable. (In certain cases)

Strategic blocking can also be used in other cases.

This will allow supplies to the city - for prestige.

Without creating a danger to the city.

What do you think about this version of the suggestion?

• We're sole owners of the facilities and rivalry only affects the one rogue that continues to remain in a corp - he's pretty much a solo, his chair is inactive.

We've also maximized (or have attempted to) the connections into the city to increase consumption.

All great suggestions and they do work.

The idea of a new feature - a mayor block would work like a champ. He can assign the supported good, so it would be logical to boycott a good as well. And exploding engine houses! (sorry, I'm a child of Looney Tunes...there should've been an Earth-shattering kaboom)