How can you stop the City from levelling?

• A mayor block ("increasing the consumption by 20-30%) could be interesting.

Probably wouldn't change much in your case (the consumption of a level 10 city in era 4 is negligible, even if increased by 100%). But it might give some more choices to a mayor, and therefore more strategic options (more consumptions means more $$ possible on the city, because lower goods overall).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• Unfortunately if he wants to haul to the city you can't really stop him. However frustrating it is, he has as much right to pursue his (stupid) strategy as you do yours.

The good news is that he is probably going to struggle to push the city much further completely on his own. Each level will get progressively harder. Just give him zero help, and persuade the whole region to do the same. This means no pax hauling to the city, hold every player who does equally to blame as your saboteur.

I'd focus on your own game and push the landmark rather then try to stop him The quicker you level the landmark the less far behind you'll be, and the less damage done. I know it's not what you want to hear, but trying to stop him isn't working so you need to try something else.

• Europe - blocking a city

I suggest that the city's major may block the city's growth.

Another option in choosing the next "Required good" - Blocking!

Seriously dude, Law of Unintended Consequences.

Every time you think of a solution, do think how else it could be used and misused, seems like you don't. I'm starting to wonder if you are not yourself a troll.

Scenario:

I'm the chair of a big corporation, I decide to slow down the city next door that has less players than me, all I have to do is connect, be made mayor by my members and in one swift move I've prevent the neighbours to level up their city.

Why don't you take a good step back?

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Unfortunately if he wants to haul to the city you can't really stop him. However frustrating it is, he has as much right to pursue his (stupid) strategy as you do yours.

The good news is that he is probably going to struggle to push the city much further completely on his own. Each level will get progressively harder. Just give him zero help, and persuade the whole region to do the same. This means no pax hauling to the city, hold every player who does equally to blame as your saboteur.

I'd focus on your own game and push the landmark rather then try to stop him The quicker you level the landmark the less far behind you'll be, and the less damage done. I know it's not what you want to hear, but trying to stop him isn't working so you need to try something else.

Trying to push the landmark works even less. Slowing him down by increasing wait times has been the most effective action so far but he has now got the city to 11 and someway to level 12, so almost 4 levels before the landmark raises once :(.

As far as him struggling as the city grows it seems to be the reverse in that he is finding it even easier as level 11 took far less time than level 10 with that taking less than level 9 somehow.

Every member of our association that has helped him has been booted, we only want members who work with the region, not against it.

• Scenario:

I'm the chair of a big corporation, I decide to slow down the city next door that has less players than me, all I have to do is connect, be made mayor by my members and in one swift move I've prevent the neighbours to level up their city.

Firstly to do that you all have to set the other city as home, which means you lose the benefit of your larger city where someone else can jump in and be made mayor to do the same. You could do it if you all connected to another region, but is that really worth the hassle and cost, plus it could easily be blocked by only allowing you to become mayor in your own region.

Secondly would slowing down someone else's growth really benefit you that much as the idea is it would help promote the landmark? Especially when doing it also affects your own regional points.

• I'm starting to wonder if you are not yourself a troll.

shush quietly

Yes, I'm a troll!

But that's a big secret!

Do not tell anyone!

• Scenario:

They wrote a good answer! ^^^

A large team from the same region will not fight their own region.

And there may be a limitation for the major being from this region (as is for the president).

• The mayor should be able to block the station where they deliver, that would happen IRL...

This could be done by the mayor or city council having some parameters they could adjust for receiving both goods and passengers. So saboteurs can drag everything they want, there is just no recipient and no money

The journey by train is great, but I realy look forward to I can afford some railroad tracks..! ;(

• Europe - Increasing city consumption

Suggestion:

1) City's mayor may increase city consumption! (suggestion from sacroima & Sniffa )

By 20,30,50 or 100%

2) President/Cabinet may block the city's growth.

2*) Mayor may block the city's growth. Another option in choosing the next "Required good" - Blocking!

3) Restriction for the mayor! Be from this region! (As it is now for the president)

4) Players can only vote for mayors in their own region.

* This is a strategic blocking of the city's growth.

Because Europe is a unique scenario.

Only in this scenario the growth of the city is undesirable. (In certain cases)

Strategic blocking can also be used in other cases.

This will allow supplies to the city - for prestige.

Without creating a danger to the city.

What do you think about this version of the suggestion?

• Trying to push the landmark works even less. Slowing him down by increasing wait times has been the most effective action so far but he has now got the city to 11 and someway to level 12, so almost 4 levels before the landmark raises once :(.

As far as him struggling as the city grows it seems to be the reverse in that he is finding it even easier as level 11 took far less time than level 10 with that taking less than level 9 somehow.

Every member of our association that has helped him has been booted, we only want members who work with the region, not against it.

If you are not leveling the landmark, and he is still leveling the city, it is not working at all.

Remember: Your aim is to level the landmark, and he is making it harder. If you dedicate your efforts to stopping him instead of hauling to the landmark you are hurting yourself (and the region) as well. Another 3 or 4 goods to deliver sucks, but it is not insurmountable.

Don't get caught up in his game, play your own. I know this is easier said than done, and it has gotten very frustrating for you. But it is still the best advice.

• That just make him rich, better to make him poor so he cannot service his engines

The journey by train is great, but I realy look forward to I can afford some railroad tracks..! ;(

• That just make him rich, better to make him poor so he cannot service his engines

It's true.

But it will also make the players in the city rich (If used properly.)

Blocking growth is better in this sense.

• I think this idea isn't good because someone can use this for inflict new damage for team which is even more than some players accidentally do today because they don't know about some trick in game.

Can you explain?

Several security mechanisms have been described.

This ensures that blocking will not cause problems!

• Firstly to do that you all have to set the other city as home, which means you lose the benefit of your larger city where someone else can jump in and be made mayor to do the same. You could do it if you all connected to another region, but is that really worth the hassle and cost, plus it could easily be blocked by only allowing you to become mayor in your own region.

Secondly would slowing down someone else's growth really benefit you that much as the idea is it would help promote the landmark? Especially when doing it also affects your own regional points.

To be a candidate you need to make it your home city, to vote is enough to be connected, which means that only the candidate has to switch.

Also, you are forgetting that people have friends, I've had a game where I've been ousted from the position by someone with a grudge, he asked mates from another server to log in, they were inactive, but their simple presence was enough to give votes to someone else and prevent me to lead the city, we couldn't set next good, supported goods nor competitions, they could have prevented us from levelling if this idea was to be implemented.

Connecting to another region is not that difficult, the way I play I normally end up the game connected to at least 3 regions, if I really want to make an effort I'll track to you.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• To be a candidate you need to make it your home city, to vote is enough to be connected, which means that only the candidate has to switch.

Also, you are forgetting that people have friends, I've had a game where I've been ousted from the position by someone with a grudge, he asked mates from another server to log in, they were inactive, but their simple presence was enough to give votes to someone else and prevent me to lead the city, we couldn't set next good, supported goods nor competitions, they could have prevented us from levelling if this idea was to be implemented.

Connecting to another region is not that difficult, the way I play I normally end up the game connected to at least 3 regions, if I really want to make an effort I'll track to you.

Several security mechanisms have been described.

This ensures that blocking will not cause problems!

2) President/Cabinet may block the city's growth.

2*) Mayor may block the city's growth. Another option in choosing the next "Required good" - Blocking!

3) Restriction for the mayor! Be from this region! (As it is now for the president)

4) Players can only vote for mayors in their own region.

• So you in effect kill your own game just to spoil someone else's. Yes it is possible but it is a lot more effort to do that than it takes currently.

1. I wouldn't kill my game, but I believe this thread has been brought up to come up with measures against people that would.

2. I could actually do it without killing my game, if you can't see how it's not my problem.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• maybe make it easier to lvl the LM. they need way to much money to invest in them. So players tend to haul to the city to make money after all the RG r in the LM.

Maybe go back to the old system where the LM could be lvled up without having to lvl the city 1st. It used to be u could get the LM to lvl 15 without leveling the city so no passengers were needed at the LM till the city hit lvl 5. that made it easier to lvl the LM and less players hauled to the city.

• maybe make it easier to lvl the LM. they need way to much money to invest in them. So players tend to haul to the city to make money after all the RG r in the LM.

Maybe go back to the old system where the LM could be lvled up without having to lvl the city 1st. It used to be u could get the LM to lvl 15 without leveling the city so no passengers were needed at the LM till the city hit lvl 5. that made it easier to lvl the LM and less players hauled to the city.

The landmark levelling was fine already before they divided the required amount of money by half. And after that, they removed 1/4 of the wagons necessary for EG.

At some point, you gotta stop making it easier and easier to play this game. The landmark is not supposed to get to level 15, it's not something easy to achieve. You gotta earn it. Otherwise, what's the point of this server ? Soon, I'll be able to fully finish my train station by era 2 at this rate, because the money is easier and easier to make, and you have less and less ways to spend it.

I don't want a classic server where you spend 2 eras leveling a landmark to level 15, I want a challenge on SoE. A server where you can think. Apply strategies.

IMO, reversing to the old investment system (basically 1.5x more money needed) would also be fine, and I'd love it.

Maybe, instead of taking as a given this strategy of 1-1 until the end of the server, people could start applying a strategy that would work better with what brute-force they have in the city. It's normal for a city of 25 active people to reach landmark level 15, it's not supposed to happen for this dead city that has 1 active player and 3 free-haulers. Stop expecting it to be possible for that case too, if you don't take specific actions.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server