Adding "estimated waiting time next hour" to industries info

• Waiting time now is a fixed variable, get recalculated every 60 minutes.

Waiting time next hour is dynamic and changes with every delivery, even if fixed and calculated say every minute or every 5 minutes it would still add tons of stress on the server, especially in advanced eras the game could become unplayable, think of the Linds lag and add this on top.

I am not entirely sure, but I think that lots of problem are because the game calculates everything server side, whereas features like this could be calculated within the browser and use the player's CPU instead.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• As Stubaski says it is too dynamic to display in real time, it would change with every single train arrival.

Estimating wait times, and reacting to the unexpected, is part of the skill of calling. Don't de-skill the game too much, or it does just become a gold/activity competition.

• As Stubaski says it is too dynamic to display in real time, it would change with every single train arrival.

Estimating wait times, and reacting to the unexpected, is part of the skill of calling. Don't de-skill the game too much, or it does just become a gold/activity competition.

Why Real Time? how about an Average?

I think this is a good idea. Maybe sometime after the HMTL5 Update....

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

I agree. Let your knowledge and experience judge what the estimated WT will be for the next hour.

• I know its dynamic, but estimated for a given moment would be much of help.

Experience does not help at all Sniffa. We are during End Game and You never know what the waiting time will be for next hour, so You can Call and be surprised or need to wait for recalculation and then Call, what we haul, but then You lose some time of hauling.

Experience does not help at all Sniffa. We are during End Game and You never know what the waiting time will be for next hour, so You can Call and be surprised or need to wait for recalculation and then Call, what we haul, but then You lose some time of hauling.

Actually, you can know with 100% accuracy, just by looking at the tons hauled before the hour and at the end of the hour.

I've often called goods in the EG 10-30sec before recalc, when calling far-away goods, using this method. Gaining those 2min of reactivity compared to other cities gave the edge to mine.

If they find a way to implement it without making the game even more unstable, why not. Otherwise, you already have ways to know the WT in advance, as long as you hav the time to keep track of all industries (and that's why you have helpers during EG).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• It's easy to be done!

It will not delay the game!

I do not see a problem being realized.

I know what I will be calling for the next hour before recalc, as I am discussing it in PM. However I prefer to get trains parked up just in case somebody is slow in recalling them which can screw the WT for the following hour. The few minutes that you lose is more than made up by the fewer errors.

• What You do guys by calculating it by yourself work but is a method like from Iron Age ;)

I wish to have easy estimation, which even if is 80% accurate its still useful.

So people would not overuse it, it may be shown after clicking a button, and it would cost like $5000 each click of it and each estimation. That would not slow down the game more than 0,5% I guess. People would not click it as mad, just the Caller would use it mostly and his helpers

• Or other solution, which is already implemented, is just counting down some seconds, till You can refresh info again.

Its used in End Game city widget, that You can refresh once per 30 seconds.

It could be even once per 60 seconds and it would be still useful for refreshing industry estimated waiting time for next hour. I would use it, even if it would cost like 20 000$. As a way of income for RN it could cost some in-game money or 1 gold per refresh (one of those two to use by player).

4f282350c480a37a.jpg

• What do you mean by an average? I genuinely don't understand how this could be any use unless it is constantly updated.

Most games display waiting times as averages as it being constantly updated will take too much load on the server and or a person's computer. Why do you think there's a 5 or 15 minute (i forget which) update time on the industry?

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)