Late joiner gets less prestige from Region on Europe map

• On Europe map if You join game in winning region just one minute before End Game, You get 100 000 prestige points for free (or 90 000, I'm not sure, I dont remember).

I think that it should be less. When You join during era 1, You get 100%, but when its on era 2, than You get 5/6 of points, on era 3 4/6... on era 6 you get just 1/6 of Regional ranking points.

• I agree that there should be less prestige for late starters. I have seen many players join a region just before the EG, which can only be for the 'free' prestige. 100k for the winning region, 90k for 2nd etc.

• i will apologize that i must disagree.

today was finished a game i was invited to come at era 3. so i play there only 3 eras.

we were the winning city and the winning region.

but i worked well, i think and i finished more stronger than many player of the company who was there since era 1. why i must receive less points because i start at era 3?

yes, come only 1 minute before game finish is no meaning and only for points.

so maybe prohibit player of coming into new game after era 5 (or 6) is good idea?

• Agreed people coming in at the 11th hour just for the goodies should get less - a lot less for it, they don't contribute to the region and building it up.

I do agree with Yuki though, as sometimes some of my friends come back to RN half way through a round because of genuine r/l reasons and then work like mad to get caught up and have full sets of wagons in the EG and are a real asset to the team. I don't see why they shouldn't get rewarded the same as the players who start in era 1 and park on goods and don't move trains from one day to the next... which is the biggest asset to the team, eh?

• From hauling more, every player gets more money and more prestige. So those who work hard, gets the prize for it already, for every ton hauled.

Prestige awarded for being member of region is over-used, as its easiest to get.

Just join Europe map in last days of era 6, choose the region which is most full, but You still can join it and You get free prestige. Do it with 30 servers and You get lots of prestige points for doing almost nothing.

I think it should be cut off.

No one will check how much player did for region, but rule of 'joined later -> less prestige' can be easily implemented

• I like this idea, would be sufficient to region prize divided by eras played.

Prize/6*<eras played>

There are few players scouting around in groups and joining together in era 5/6, not only is free prestige for them, but they add consumption without helping wherever the land.

• To avoid this the carreerpoints needs to be changed.

I really don't like the Steam over europe scenario and a lot of carreerpoints can be gathered on that scenario. Now you are obliged to play all scenarios to build up your carreer engine.

Make it possible to finish your carreer engine per scenario and have different carreer engines by scenario. e.g. I play only the classic scenario, after a while I'm stuck with my carreer engine because no carreerpoints can be earned any more. If you can keep building it per scenario players will less start in the last days of a server because there is no need for it.

• To avoid this the carreerpoints needs to be changed.

I really don't like the Steam over europe scenario and a lot of carreerpoints can be gathered on that scenario. Now you are obliged to play all scenarios to build up your carreer engine.

Make it possible to finish your carreer engine per scenario and have different carreer engines by scenario. e.g. I play only the classic scenario, after a while I'm stuck with my carreer engine because no carreerpoints can be earned any more. If you can keep building it per scenario players will less start in the last days of a server because there is no need for it.

The big points come game ranking, in any game.

• Again, if a player starts late, but it is so useful to his company and the region, he must have benefit for doing this.

I see many players who start at era 1, but they still do not know the game well, or not know how to drive goods in competitive way, and they are not active. So they will get all points by just being there from era 1? A inactive player who does not know the game well is useless to the team, even if he is there since the start.

• maybe we can switch focus. Instead of seeing this reward as something very important, and decide to remove some of those rewards to some players for X or Y reason, we could see it as a gift from RN to the best region and all its members, regardless of the time they spent.

I don't really understand why you would be happier to win, if the guys that didn't fully collaborate in your opinion earned less prestige. I mean, you got your prize, congratulations to you, why would you want some people not benefit from it ?

+ the fact that the carrier points is the thing most people that start later are after anyway.

• Sacroima, cause lat joiners more often spoil the game. They dont care about region so they haul for prestige/money/whetever else and they do not teamplay.

If You builded up Region ranking for 6 era, You probably wont spoil for example watiting times during End Game. If You joined just 3 days before EG, You dont care and You might disturbn during EG, by hauling, what is not Called, for example.

I find it a way of cheating to get much of prestige easily to join late in Europe scenario. And not only me as more people liked the suggestion. I would prefer rankings to be more fair. Abusing regional prestige system, makes rankings less fair.

• I don't know about your kind of latecomers, but usually the ones that join at the end of era 6 log in just to be sure they get the carrier points, and then never come again. They don't even bother starting to haul with their carrier engine.

It's not them that spoil WT, or EG in general. The issue about the 100'000 PP bonus that disturb the rankings is another issue, but it's less about those guys that join at the end, and end up with 100'010 prestige, than about the ones that played actively and manage to jump into the top10 at the end. Honestly, who cares about ranking, when finishing with 100'000 PP or something like that ? (rank 300-500 roughly)

And to reach top 10 - 100, you need to play more than "a few days" anyway. I personnally love that someone playing actively for the region can end up in the top10-100 at the end, because his region finishes first. Even if he started in era 3, and decided to be very active.

The fact that some people do not want to play the same way you do, has nothing to do with the time they join the game. Thinking you would remove the problem with this suggestion is simply wrong. +, if they want to fuck up your EG as you claim, they would do it regardless of the 100'000 PP bonus.

My message is exactly on point, your attitude is "someone annoys me, let's punish some people for the hate I have against those idiots that ruin my efforts". But you punish one group of people instead of the guys that annoyed you. You enter a cycle of hatred. Why can't people wish good things to others, instead of this kind of suggestion which brings NOTHING to some, and removes something to others ?

• There is really just a little reward on PP for late starters. I know for the classic and USA games there is 10K for the winning endgame city and 5K for connecting to a megacity. SoE I don't know because I don't play this scenario for different reasons. If you play an active round you have between 200 and 300K PP. Most late players are experienced and the don't have any intention to spoil a game as mentioned above.

The late starters who spoil are often newbies who don't understand the game yet and don't get any help from others and only receive angry messages and leave the game again caused by this hostile behaviour. Or it are good players who were treated badly during the game round or previous round and want to take some understandable revenge.

I persnonally don't have problems with late starters because it's only for the carreerpoints for your engine and has nothing to do with earning PP. As long as that won't be changed and you have to gather your carreerpoints on all kind of game types this will be be done for improvement of the carreer train.

• Sacroima, cause lat joiners more often spoil the game. They dont care about region so they haul for prestige/money/whetever else and they do not teamplay.

If You builded up Region ranking for 6 era, You probably wont spoil for example watiting times during End Game. If You joined just 3 days before EG, You dont care and You might disturbn during EG, by hauling, what is not Called, for example.

They care about the region and they would be dumb if they hurt the chances to win for their city/region.

• I startyed late o Steam over europa as i heard a little something about who was ahead..

my personal best friend was on the rank 8th region for that round he spend full round to gather PP and build his LM and his city... he made about 150 K and was rank 400 something

i did NOTHING.. i say NOTHING and was rank 504 with 109 K from region win bonus

so to say late starters get nthing is not true

landmark however does have a very unbalanced output of Prestige if you have to many level 1 adds not hauling and going inactive thus lowering the prestige of a very very high tonnaged landmark thet willer never hit level 9 for unlock and that missing unlock might be the missing Prestige

new patch will make them have to get 70 Prestige but one dayli and it still will be messy in most regions where random adds will increase the LM by so much tonnage after the first dayli calc give them this 70 PP