Which Switch?

• OK only way I can think is this. Flick switch 1 leave the light on for a bit. Then immediately turn on switch 2 and open the door. If the light is on then its switch two. If the bulb is warm its switch 1. If its cold its switch 3. This assumes its not some new fangled LED light that doesnt generate any heat output!

iandubya COM05 Cylinder Head Express

• Hi there,

Just trigger to switch and see if lights turns off in the wagon. If so, you know that it's not the good one. The one that will leave no visual effect will be the on who is use to open the lights in the toilet.

Thx!

Arsax - Grand Central 102

• You switch on sw1 for a few minutes and then turn it off.

Then you sturn on sw2 and open the door.

If the light is on ... it's sw2,

if it's off, you feel if the light bulb is warm ... then it's sw1,

and if the bulb is cold ... it's sw3.

• loch ness

turn switches 1 & 2 on. wait about 30 seconds. switch 2 off. enter the bathroom. if the light is on. it is controlled by switch 1. if the light bulb is off but warm to the touch it is controlled by switch 2. If the light bulb is off and cool to the touch then it is controlled by switch 3.

• Nerisrath Grand Central US - 102

The rules were stated

1) there are 3 switches

2) you can manipulate the switches however you want

3) you know the light is in an off state currently

4) cannot change switches once the door is opened

Riddle Answer : Turn on switch 1, wait a few minutes, turn off switch one, and turn on switch 2. Open Door. If light is on It is controlled by switch 2. If light is off, feel the light. If it is warm, it is controlled by switch 1. If it is cold, it is controlled by switch 3.:thumbsup:

Catch 22: This is an old riddle. IF it s a Modern LED you are screwed LOL.:rolleyes:

Realistic Answer: You need to use the Jon and don't care which switch it is, so you turn on all 3 and do your business...:D

• Flip switches 1&2 and open the door. If the light is still off you know its switch 3, if the light is on it is switch 1 or 2. Close door, switch just light one. open door. if the light is on it is switch one and if it is off it is switch 2. Crankshaft.

• I would do the following:

First i switch on the switch1 and switch2. Then i push in the switch2 and hold down by my finger. Finally i open the door. If the light is off inside, i know the switch3 controll the light. If the light is on, i release the switch2(remove my finger). If the light is stil on, i know the light connected to switch1, oterwise it controlled by switch2.

Alternative solution:

I would turn on the swich1 and swich2, then i wait 5-10 minutes. I flip the switch2 and open the door. If the light is on inside, the swich1 controls the light. If the lamp is off, i touch the lamp-shell. If i feel it warm, the swich2 controls the light, otherwise the swich3.

Server: com201 Big Ben International.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ebura ().

• if we have switches 1, 2 and 3. we turn on switches 1 and 2 and switch 3 leave to off.

after 5-10 minutes we turn off switch 1.

we open the door.

if lamp is on, it is switch 2 that controls the lamp since it is the only one turned on.

if light is off, we touch the lamp. if it is hot it is switch 1 (means that light was on).

if lamp is off and cold it is switch 3.

thanks.

• Game World : Crackshaft

All lights switches are initially off.

investigation/prep :

1) turn on light switch 1

2) wait 2-3 minutes

3) turn off light switch 1

4) turn on light switch 2

5) enter the door

solution :

the light bulb that is on - switch 2 controls the lightbulb

if the bulb is off - a) if it is warm.. switch 1 controls the lightbulb

b) if it is cool ... switch 3 controls the lightbulb

side note:

if this train is environmentally savvy and uses LED lights this might not work as LED bulbs don't generate much heat if any.

• Turn on the 1st switch and wait few minutes.Then turn it off.
    Now turn on the second one, enter the toilet and touch the bulb
    If the bulb is off and hot it is the 1st switch.

If the bulb is on it belongs to the 2nd switch

If the bulb is off and cold it belongs to the 3rd switch.

Lasso93

COM202 Loch Ness

• Game world : Nordic Rail

Turn on switch 1 wait for 30 seconds and turn it off again.

Turn on switch 2 and open the door.

If the light are on its switch nr 2.

If the lights are off but the lightbulb is warm its switch nr 1.

If the lights are off and the lightbulb is cold its switch nr 3.

• Flick on the first switch and wait for a few minutes for the bulb to get hot.

Then turn it off and immediately turn on switch 2 and open the door.

If the light is on then the answer is switch 2

If the light is off feel the bulb. If it is warm then the answer is switch 1.

Otherwise the answer is switch 3.

Game world = Steam over Europe

Flick on the first switch and wait for a few minutes for the bulb to get hot.

Then turn it off and immediately turn on switch 2 and open the door.

If the light is on then the answer is switch 2

If the light is off feel the bulb. If it is warm then the answer is switch 1.

Otherwise the answer is switch 3.

• Server: PL03

Solution

Flip switch number 1 and wait a few minutes. Flip switch number 1 back to its original position, and then immediately flip switch number 2.

Open the door. If the light is on, then switch number 2 controls it. If the light is off, then go and feel the bulb with your hand. If the bulb is hot, the switch number 1 controls it, and if the bulb is cold, then switch number 3, the one you did not touch, controls it.

• You cannot figure out without a doubt which switch controls the light.

if I flip one switch and the light is on, I know which switch controls the light, but only by chance.

If I flip one switch and the light is still off, I don't know which of the two other switches controls the light.

If I flip two switches and the light is on, I don't know which of the two flipped switches controls the light.

If I flip three switches once then I am guaranteed the light will be on since I know the light is off to start, but I don't know which of the three switches controls the light.

US102 Grand Central

• Screaming Skull: COM202 Loch Ness

Turn on switch 1. Leave it for a couple of minutes.

Turn off switch 1 and turn on switch 2.

immediately open the door.

If the light is on then switch 2 controls the light.

If the light is off but warm to the touch then switch 1 controls the light.

If the light is off and cold to the touch then switch 3 controls the light.