Multi lingual staff in every server

• Good evening

I suggest that in every server, the staff who replies to players concerns, reports, etc be able to respond at least in English ( even us who are not native English speaker, can understand).

I play at several servers at several countries and hear from many players (especially at Japanese server) that the person who receives their message/ report clearly could not understand their message in English.

• I fully agree. For me, the internet is international, it brings together people, cultures, nations ... so I think that an international game should have people around, who can answer in more than 1 language.

Well, I know, many players will dislike it. Some, who did not learn a second language do not feel comfortable, or not really "at home", when different languages are used on one ("national") server. Some will complain or even contact support ...

However, the internet is international. The internet brings together all of us. Maybe the internet (and the fun games of the net) are a chance to reduce differencies caused by religion, politics or whatever. Just when we talk to other people, we can realize, they are nice people too ...

Plus: I heard from the festival server, that languages were no problem. And I know from Second Life, that people who really want to get to know each other will find a way across language barriers. So often I have witnessed to nice people trying to communicate, when a third one joined in, who spoke both languages. Those are situations, when my belief gets stronger, that we still have a chance to become ONE world.

Well, English would be nice to be allowed on all servers, but as players are international, I would not mind, if someone could help an Italian and a Russian to contact each other to set their train schedules or simply have fun.

I have seen several members of the staff, who write in two languages at least. And yes, maybe there should be more of them.

Kindern erzählen wir Geschichten, damit sie einschlafen.

Erwachsenen, damit sie aufwachen.

• Thanks for the topic!

Good evening

I suggest that in every server, the staff who replies to players concerns, reports, etc be able to respond at least in English ( even us who are not native English speaker, can understand).

I play at several servers at several countries and hear from many players (especially at Japanese server) that the person who receives their message/ report clearly could not understand their message in English.

And good evening to you too :saint:

English can be used when contacting game support, and also when playing the game or using the forum - even if the server you are playing on has been translated into Japanese or Greek for example.

When players contact support, they will get service in English if they so want. All crew members can speak English, and if there are any issues understanding the message - they can give it to someone else to look at.

Sometimes the answer may come in the server language, and if you want to make sure you get an answer in English, please mention that also in the message. Sounds a bit counter-intuitive I know, but it makes sense to tell the support you do not understand the language of the server where you are playing on.

• I received once on a language server an answer in the native language of that server, I asked my question in English. I think that should be enough to get an answer back in correct English and not made with a translater.

• Your message is beautifully said and I thank you that you replied to me original post.

I agree fully!

• I received once on a language server an answer in the native language of that server, I asked my question in English. I think that should be enough to get an answer back in correct English and not made with a translater.

EXACTLY.

What I have observed is that some staff people from some local servers, clearly do not understand English, at least well enough to fully understand the question that was asked, or address the player concerns is a full way.

They reply something that makes us realize that they clearly did not understand what was asked. it is like

question

`do you sell apples here?`

staff answer

`ah, tomorrow is a holiday, so we are closed`

Or sometimes, like you said, the answer was written clearly in a translator software and absolutely offers no help about what was asked.

I feel this is a pity!

The minimum that should be offered, since the game is willing to have servers in so many countries and allow access to these servers by all of us, is to have in their customer support, native language speakers, or people who speak at a native level and can understand fully our messages.

• Just to be sure I got your feedback right:

When you pick a game world, you are able to choose a native language of that server or English
    Example: I pick, IT01 Caldaia and choose English. I do not understand or speak Italian.

When an issue comes up or you have questions for support in English, the answer can come in 3 different forms:
    1: Answer is in Italian. 2: Answer is in perfectly understandable English. 3: Answer has gone through Google translate

What you want is for the answer to be in understandable English and not Google translated gibberish. Two ways to achieve this:
    1: Write in your message that you do not speak Italian*, even if you play on Italian domain.
    2: Send feedback to admin@railnation.xx* (* =domain where you play) and forward the answer you got in Google gibberish, with your request to get an answer in English.

• My friend sent a letter to the support at the japanese server.

A very polite letter both written in native German and native English (he is 62 years old, German, was raised until college age in the United States then moved back to Germany, so he speaks both languages fluently at a native level.)

The answer he got from the staff at the Japanese server was

` i cannot understand your language. Write English please`

??????????????????

At his second attempt, he wrote in English ONLY, and in a very simple language (maybe a first grader would fully understand?) , not the highly polite tone he used in his first letter.

The reply he got from the same staff person had absolutely nothing to do with the letter contents. Just like the example i gave you before ( question - do you sell apples here? .... answer - today is a holiday and the store is closed)

He tried a third time, with the very same result.

He fowarded me the emails.

Would you please kindly provide me a customer support email that he can write to, concerning an issue at the japanese server that a person with a high/native level will be able to REALLY provide support, and not send gibberish replies?

FYI he plays at the japanese server and HAS set the language to English since the beginning.

Thank you Samisu.

• You can find the address from my previous post: admin@railnation.xx - where xx will be changed to the domain where you are playing (or your friend), for example admin@railnation.jp when playing on Japanese server.

Hope this helps ^^

If he contacts this jp email address, he will receive a reply from the same individual who clearly has a very low/none understanding of the English language.

It is always this same individual who replies our questions and reports. He does a more through job if the question/report comes in Japanese, but if it comes in English, people receive the same, as you say, gibberish English that makes no sense and has nothing to do with what the player asked/reported.

What I asked of you was an email address that does not belong to the country server, therefore NOT a JP email because one person only always replies and it is clear that he/she is only fluent in Japanese.

But we found the answer ourselves after a throughout research o^_^o

3.2. Players can send their argument, explaining their circumstances, to support by IGM or using the help contact form. Players can also contact admin@rail-nation.com should they have good reason to question the decision of Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making sure that we take the best possible care of our players is very important to us, so in that case please contact complaints@traviangames.com via email with your feedback or query.

Taken from Contact | Travian Games

• May I add one thing, Samisu?

It's about the .com domain. That one is not one of the Travian domains. So a mail to that admin would not work.

I am not sure if admin@rail-nation.com would work ...

Plus; unlike some weeks ago railnation.com is available right now, offered by GoDaddy, so Travian right now has the chance to get it and also offer the .com domain without the "-"

I hope that customer will try it again, for the fourth time.

However, somehow I see the point Yuki tries to make: Travian is a German company, acting internationally .... and if any staff member receives a mail from a German who was educated in the US, a mail in both German and English ... that staff member SHOULD be able to understand the problem, or to forward it to someone who understands, or to forward it to one of the German colleagues (some of them are quite good English speakers too), to help.

That customer tried three times ... I don't know about his problem, but Yuki was able to understand him, so someone who is meant to keep him as a customer might have ideas to either forward it, ask someone who speaks one or both of the used languages ... or, last idea, one of the bosses of that Japanese staff member might think of taking over and contact the customer from the company's side.

I appreciate very much that Yuki does not tell the names, neither of the staff nor of the customer. But by private message from some staff member he trusts, he might tell and enable Travian/Bright Future to take over from their side.

Kindern erzählen wir Geschichten, damit sie einschlafen.

Erwachsenen, damit sie aufwachen.

• THANK YOU KLABBAUTER.

YES! this is exactly what is happening.

Yes, of course, I would not say names/usernames and staff names, but I feel this issue needs to be addressed.

I could understand exactly what his issue was (I am part German so I speak German even though it is a little out of practice hahaha, and as you see by my messages, I wish to believe my English is not so horrible that people are unable to understand me), but if I worked at the customer care department of a company and I received communication from a client in a language which is completely unknown to me, before I sent any kind of reply, I would run a research and find out what language it is.

`I cannot understand your language` is a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL reply.

`Mr XXXXX

Since I am unable to provide customer care in German ( yessss, i researched and found out the unknown language is GERMAN), I will forward this to another department etc etc etc ` <----- This is a more professional looking reply, yes?

(even worse... the following short sentence was `Send in English please`. If the employee had spent one minute going through his entire message, he would have found the English version below the German version... but wait! Arent staff members supposed to be able to understand English?

The guy didnt even recognized English language by looking at it)

Next, since i am unable to communicate in this unkown language, I would seek help from someone who CAN!

VOILA!!

Answering in gibberish to a client/player is insulting and demeaning.

• I have to agree with Yuki, on language servers the support members are not always capable of reading and writing English while all those servers have English as second language.

This might be a point of attention with hirering support members.