Auction Mechanics

• The auction for things like a license needs improvement. If someone enters a bid in the last minute, the auction should be extended for another minute. Otherwise, the auction is a contest as to who can click closest to the expiration time.

• that's why it is an auction and has a timer on it. What you propose you can continue endlessly with bidding.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• It is the same for the worker auction.

Have to stay and be watching until the end, make last bid for about 4 seconds before it ends, so there is enough time for the bid to be entered.

If unable to stay until the end, then just make an extra big bid and other online teammates can add the last second bid.

the goods auction is you only, so it is same idea!

Stay and enter bid about 4 seconds before, or enter a big bid and hope nodody will bid more o^_^o

• It appears -- today -- that the bids are blinded which, in my opinion, was a good fix. Blind auctions work well with fixed time.

If you watch a real auction, the bidding does not end until everyone stops bidding. Going once, going twice, sold! Real auctions seem to work just fine with extensions.

• Where you can't see how much has already been bid on the worker.

Currently you can see how much an association has bid so, like a live auction, you know the current bid.

The licences are blind so you can only see the other bidder's prestige total.

• Where you can't see how much has already been bid on the worker.

Currently you can see how much an association has bid so, like a live auction, you know the current bid.

The licences are blind so you can only see the other bidder's prestige total.

Thank you!!

I think this is horrible and I also think the time of the aution must always be respected and remain same of 2 hours, not change because someone gives to the worker.

I think the auctions for the license must be the same as the auction for the worker.

we must be able to know how much each one is giving to the license.

• how much is bid on a licence by everybody is shown when the auction has finished.

Showing during the auction isn't really an improvement. I like the closed biddings. It's a significant part of the game.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• Licence auctions have been blind for as long as i can remember and that is how they should stay in my opinion. It means sometimes you get a bargain and on others someone is prepared to pay way over the top.

• A "blind" worker auction would let you see how much you have already bid, the current total bid of your Association, but it would NOT show the bids of other players or Associations. This works well for a fixed time limit. The strategy is guessing how much you want to offer. Clicking at the last moment is not really strategy.

The above format would allow Associations to pool contributions from many players without difficulty.

If you can see what the current winning bid is, the time limit for bidding should not be fixed; rather the bidding should end after a set time when no more bids are offered. Maybe 1 minute, as I originally suggested, is too long, but 15 second extensions would be reasonable. The auction has a minimum bid. There is a fixed time to organize and submit bids, but the auction continues after the set time until nobody offers a higher bid for, say, 15 seconds. This is how real auctions work and real auctions have worked well for as long as there has been civilization.

• in my opinion, the Rail Nation worker auction is perfect.

it is one of the things i enjoy most to do with my teammates at our company.

we can know a worker is coming in OO hours, and we come online to give money.

the person who is more available stays until the end to give his big money.

i did not like the new company window, but i do like that now we can know what worker comes in 8 hours. more than time enough to organize schedule and be online.

i have even put my alarm clock to wake up from sleep to give money to theodore roosevelt.

thank you for this great feature, rail nation staff!

• A "blind" worker auction would let you see how much you have already bid, the current total bid of your Association, but it would NOT show the bids of other players or Associations. This works well for a fixed time limit. The strategy is guessing how much you want to offer. Clicking at the last moment is not really strategy.

Well, I don't know about your servers, but on mine, We don't bother bidding at the end anymore.

We just put all the money we planned on putting whenever we can during the auction, and 9 times out of ten, we are out of reach of the other corps because we are more active.

If you lose the auction at the end of the bidding, it simply means someone else valued the worker more than you did. It's fine by me how it works right now. But I wouldn't mind a blind auction either, it wouldn't change a thing for me.

But, any auction that cannot end if someone is bidding every X seconds would be a disaster. Because you could have a troll or a bot bidding every X-1 seconds to make sure the auction never ends.

• Sacroima, i completely agree.

the end of the auction has to be respected.

most of us in addition are society active adults, we have a schedule, work, responsibilities and especially during the week, we cannot be waiting forever for a worker auction to be finished.

now we can even organize ourselves better being able to see the worker who cames in 8 hours.

I also agree with you on really knowing how important a worker is and just giving everything possible to hire this worker.

At US103 this is how we do in the company I am in. In this server/company, me and my teammates just keep always giving money the entire duration of the auction, especially for important workers like theodore roosevelt, roald amundsen, werner von siemens.

it is not common that we lose the auction and sometimes we have these workers for many days, continuously.

At the Japanese server, I observe that the vast majority of auctions are won at the last 4 seconds, even if people already give money at the beginning or middle of the auction.

It is just another style of playing. So for there, I always do my best to be waiting to give my big money about 4 seconds before it ends.

Of course, the most important is always many active players who are not a stingy person and will give all to the important worker.

But being able to watch how much the rival company is giving is also crucial.

• "

But I wouldn't mind a blind auction either, it wouldn't change a thing for me.

But, any auction that cannot end if someone is bidding every X seconds would be a disaster. Because you could have a troll or a bot bidding every X-1 seconds to make sure the auction never ends.

"

The troll or bot can be dealt with the same way you act now: put a large bid in that is out of reach of the troll or bot.

If fixed time limit is important to the players, then blind auctions would be the way to go. As you said, you have essentially gone that route for your own convenience.

If you lose a blind auction, you don't feel cheated. If you lose an auction because someone puts in a bid 1 microsecond before the time limit, you probably will feel cheated -- at least a little bit. If you don't, you have become jaded by the environment. So, blind auctions are not inconvenient to anyone, but the current system may very well chase new players away. I don't see how the current system benefits anyone other than the trolls and bots.