Auction Mechanics

• one thing which needs to be improved is the time synchronisation problem. When I see the last seconds of a worker auction someone else has 4 or 5 seconds left. You bid in the end, happy when you have the worker you wanted and than some other association can make a higher bid and your time was over for seconds. .

And no a refresh just before the end doens't solve this issue.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• To Samisu >>>>>>

Please can I save this to my computer?

Thank you so much for your time.

You make a big smile to me.

I am thankful that you took time to make this.

Thank you very much

m(_ _)m

• one thing which needs to be improved is the time synchronisation problem. When I see the last seconds of a worker auction someone else has 4 or 5 seconds left. You bid in the end, happy when you have the worker you wanted and than some other association can make a higher bid and your time was over for seconds. .

i thought it was my imagination ^^;

i have seen auction expired, we thought we hired the worker but one second later it comes `OOOO company has given bigger to Theodore Roosevelt` red window

(O_O;)

but to be my last thought for this ( i think i already talked too much here) ...

each player must know how much he is willing to give to the worker. players who are a stingy or refuse to give money to the worker are of no help to their team!

having many players online when the worker comes is one of the most important to win the auction. Some players being until the end and giving big money few seconds before the end, also important.

but of course, the company with the most online rich players who generously give to the worker and also who has a fast finger to click 4 or 3 seconds before the end will hire the worker.

i empty my bank to give to roosevelt, amundsen, von siemens. i click 3, 4 seconds before it ends. but sometimes we love.

and i do not feel cheated.

they were better, and won.

we did our best, many gave generously, but it could not be helped.

we feel more motivated to try again next time (^_^)

I think it's a time zone issue. What's zero for us may not be zero for other people. What we need is a server time. Like other games and let that be what the countdown timer relies on.

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• I think it's a time zone issue. What's zero for us may not be zero for other people. What we need is a server time. Like other games and let that be what the countdown timer relies on.

Not really a time zone issue, I play at international servers and also on a dutch server. At the last one we all are in the same time zone and it happens there too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Not really a time zone issue, I play at international servers and also on a dutch server. At the last one we all are in the same time zone and it happens there too.

Then there's a bug where it lets you click it even though it says zero....

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• If all these teams are clicking at the last micro second to avoid telegraphing their bid, that is functionally no different than a blind auction.

I have not seen a single persuasive argument in favor of the current system.

"i empty my bank to give to roosevelt, amundsen, von siemens. i click 3, 4 seconds before it ends. but sometimes we love.

and i do not feel cheated.

they were better, and won.

we did our best, many gave generously, but it could not be helped.

we feel more motivated to try again next time"

You could give the same amount in a blind auction. Nothing would stop you. The only purpose of clicking 3 or 4 seconds before the end is to avoid telegraphing your bid. That is functionally the same as a blind auction.

• If you lose a blind auction, you don't feel cheated. If you lose an auction because someone puts in a bid 1 microsecond before the time limit, you probably will feel cheated -- at least a little bit. If you don't, you have become jaded by the environment. So, blind auctions are not inconvenient to anyone, but the current system may very well chase new players away. I don't see how the current system benefits anyone other than the trolls and bots.

If you can only have one auction running at a time you can't set a start time for subsequent auctions if the time limit is open ended, so you then get a backlog. Over the last 20+ years people have been moaning about snipe bids on ebay and the suggestion is always the same - extend the auction by a specific time limit, but you can't do that there either.

Decide how much you are prepared to bid as an association, stick it on and then forget it. If someone bids higher then good luck to them.

• many people tell you good things about the current system here but you are the one who do not like.

but then you recommend useless book to me who did not like the new company window.

maybe you read this book to accept awesome current system o^_^o

please explain meaning of `telegraphing your bid`

• many people tell you good things about the current system here but you are the one who do not like.

but then you recommend useless book to me who did not like the new company window.

maybe you read this book to accept awesome current system o^_^o

please explain meaning of `telegraphing your bid`

Telegraphing your bid means letting someone know what you will bid before the end of the auction. By putting your bid in at the last micro second, your goal is to keep your bid blind to the other players. In a blind auction, you would not have to time your mouse click. You could put your bid in an hour early and do something else knowing that your competition could not determine how much you are willing to spend.

I get the impression that you like the idea of getting information from others -- especially those who are not familiar with the system -- without giving up the same information to them.

"Decide how much you are prepared to bid as an association, stick it on and then forget it. If someone bids higher then good luck to them."

That is precisely what happens in a blind auction.

• i never decide how much to give the worker.

i do my decision based on who is online from the rival companies because after so many times i know their behaviors ( i am certain they are watching us too)

and we watch how much has been given to the worker by other companies until about 1 minute before.