Endgame - Can I get prestige from a megacity that isn't my home city ?

• A day before the EG starts and I think that my regions highest city will perform badly and the region is rank 7. So I'm connected to the cities I think will win in the rank 1 and 2 regions, but these are undeveloped ie only enough tracks to connect to the cities.

I haven't played for years so I'm just checking that I can change my home city (and region) to one of the potential winners , but deliver to my previous home city which is fully developed ie tracks everywhere.

• A day before the EG starts and I think that my regions highest city will perform badly and the region is rank 7. So I'm connected to the cities I think will win in the rank 1 and 2 regions, but these are undeveloped ie only enough tracks to connect to the cities.

I haven't played for years so I'm just checking that I can change my home city (and region) to one of the potential winners , but deliver to my previous home city which is fully developed ie tracks everywhere.

You are talking about region, so I suspect you might be talking about the Europe scenario, if that is the case, you can change the city, however, your region wont change.

If you're not playing Europe, ignore me.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• As soon the endgame starts you can't switch your homecity anymore, but when you're connected to the winning city you also get some prestige for it, not as much as you would get when it is your hometown, but still you get some prestige for it.

On the steam over Europe you can switch your city in a city in another regio but your regio stays the one you started in, so you can't change your regio, just as the usa version, you can select a city as your homecity but your color stays the one you started in.

• I dont think it would be bad for the developers to consider letting us switch regions/colors but this should be a one time thing. Often, due to overcrowding issues, people are forced to start in the wrong region, I think they should be given the chance to be on the team they wanted to be on. Maybe make this an Era 1 feature or limit it to the first 3 eras. It's something to consider.

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”-Mahatma Gandhi

• I think it should be possible to switch regions. When 4.14.0 is installed on the server it's entirely possible that ONE association won't necessarily start in the same region. When the unfortunate ones, who couldn't join the same region, finally rejoins their team-members in their region, they can't see the region-forum, which might actually contain information for everyone in the region. If it's possible to change region, it should of course no longer be possible to access the previous region-forum

I agree with Roadkill that it should probably be restricted to the first eras. Otherwise there'll be some who's region-hopping to get access to other regions' forums in the later era

• I think it should be possible to switch regions. When 4.14.0 is installed on the server it's entirely possible that ONE association won't necessarily start in the same region. When the unfortunate ones, who couldn't join the same region, finally rejoins their team-members in their region, they can't see the region-forum, which might actually contain information for everyone in the region. If it's possible to change region, it should of course no longer be possible to access the previous region-forum

Actually, as I understood the 4.14.0 changes, one association will still pre-alocate spots for all members. The only change is that other associations won't be able to come, because the server will accurately count 25 people in the city if an association pre-registered in it, and not the single member already pre-registered.

Which means, we (hopefully) won't see anymore those unbalanced groups of associations that regroup half the server into a single region.

I don't get why people absolutely want to change regions. Do you realise what it would do to the competition ? That would be so unfair. Giving everybody a 1-time change would mean that theoretically, everyone could end up as the same color in the end.

The day everyone can benefit from the hard work from my corp to get the winning region, I'm out of here. And any half-competitive player will do the same. This will be the end of RN. And that's why I strongly hope devs know better than that.

There is absolutely no value to winning when there is no challenge. And that has been killing servers for a while.

This "issue" of people not being able to join is often brought up. And there is a simple explanation to it : you guys try to group too many people into 1 region, compared to the amount of active players. If you want to do that, you can go on a classic server. But let us play our SoE server competitively at least to some extent. PLS

• I would be interested in seeing what people's views are on this, which has been suggested to my by one member of my association.

Is it a legitimate strategy that the president of a region should get all players to lay tracks and change their home city to the closest city in another region which has the potential to win the EG, or should the region's players stay in their own region to try and win the EG, or at least do the best that they can?

My view is that each region should stick together and do the best that they can because if we follow the switch option surely then there will only be 2 or 3 cities actually playing the EG properly, all populated by several hundred players?

The reason I ask is because as a region on Tower Bridge our eg city is likely to finish 6th with far fewer active players then the cities above us, so should we have moved to join our closest rival and help push #2 to #1 which is what I have been told I should have done?

• IMO : if, after playing the server (or part of it) for your region, you decide to help someone else because you clearly cannot do anything in your own region, then yes the question is worth thinking about.

I would say there are arguments for both pros and cons.

But, what I've seen : people that couldn't start in the region they wanted, started in the neighbouring region, and played the whole server as if they were in the region they wanted at the start >> this is unfair, against all common sense, and sabotages the small region (the player takes a slot without helping the region).

The only difference is the intent at the start. But that's the whole point IMO. If you decide during the game, then that's adapting from what the game gave you. If you decided early on, then it's just cheating to get to a point the game wouldn't let you for balancing issues.

(I've seen that on USA servers as well...)