Option to reset and restart the server

• Good morning!

I wish to introduce an idea of the possibilty of resetting a profile/avatar in a new server started.

Many of us start a new server because we are invited by friends, teammates, people we meet in other servers and asks us to join another server to play in their company.

I started playing Russian servers because I was invited by my friend!

But sometimes the server we are to start playing, displays the name of the cities in a language we do not read/ understand.

For example: a player who comes to the Japanese server and cannot read Japanese characters, will have more difficulty finding the city their friend is playing in. Because in the Japanese server all the cities are displayed in Japanese language.

Same as the Russian server (all cities displayed in Russian).

If you make a mistake, go to the wrong city or any other mistake at joining a new server (mostly caused by language) , there should be an option (maybe a good idea to have this option up to 24 hours after you join) to UNDO everythig you did/chose, and start from zero again immediately.

thoughts?

• there are similar things already in the game.

you make a mistake a start constructing a train line you did not need/want, you can cancel the construction, and start again.

same with train station building expensions.

you should have the option to cancel yourself when starting a new server and start from zero again immediately.

and no, not the same as delete avatar, transfer gold, wait three days, then create the avatar again. This maybe works for servers in the same country if you wish to start from zero again, but many servers it is only one server in that country, so what to do?

give the players an option to cancel themselves in the new server they start so they can start from zero again.

• You can choose on all servers also the english language. The English language is a allowed language on each server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Howdy, happy Monday!

Interesting wish, haven't heard of the language issue before with city names.

It may be that it takes a longer time to gather all the Gold and Plus Account before avatar can be removed, and no reason to risk losing it all. The 3 day counter will make sure that all purchased Gold will be transferred.

Moving to another city without the need to build tracks, that sounds like a useful feature. I'm not sure if such feature could be added though.

Are there any other elements in the game that could be added to help with the city name issue?

• yes, certainly, but the name of the cities are still displayed in the servers languages

that is correct the names of the cities stays in the language as they are. There is no possiblity to change that. This will be a problem during calling of the endgame or when other directions are given to use a certain facility or so. There are so many maps to use that city names in other languages should no problem I guess.

http://rn.openrail.ru/map?lang=en

this map will help you, lot's of languages can be chosen.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Moving to another city without the need to build tracks, that sounds like a useful feature. I'm not sure if such feature could be added though.

Maybe the tutorial can ask you either after you completed it or immediately after you loaded the game that you will have the option to move to a different city? It will be a one time deal sort of thing.

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• Having never started playing in a server other than English, I havent ever seen this issue but I may start a foreign server in order to research this issue. I always thought that if you chose your language, all cities, and in game features would be in the language you chose.

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”-Mahatma Gandhi

• Having never started playing in a server other than English, I havent ever seen this issue but I may start a foreign server in order to research this issue. I always thought that if you chose your language, all cities, and in game features would be in the language you chose.

Since I don't have a server to play on until the 12th of April, I'll see what I can find out.... :) If you don't mind sir...

My Forum Goal:

Only the city names will not change.

For example,

If the server is russian, you will see the cities names in russian even if you choose english in the beginning, same with japanese.

• Ok, here are the results:

• Starting up the server:

As you can see the language is in russian but I choose English (UK) as my preferred language. It wouldn't matter since the chat is also in russian. They would have to provide a in-game text translation service for anybody outside of Russia to play the game.

My Forum Goal:

• thank you for testing it for me, as for an in-game translator, I think that would be a great idea, I have seen several games and websites with this feature built in so its not completely out of the question but I wouldnt expect it any time soon.

• thank you for testing it for me, as for an in-game translator, I think that would be a great idea, I have seen several games and websites with this feature built in so its not completely out of the question but I wouldnt expect it any time soon.

Your welcome :) It's a hard ask for that service right now. With the devs converting this game to HTML5. Maybe sometime after?....

My Forum Goal:

• as for the chat being in Russian, that wont change, I know that I moderate on multiple "English Servers" and it is a hard fast rule that you only speak English in the chat, however, you are free to start a forum thread in game that is English speaking. I have seen several servers where groups felt somewhat alienated so reached out to the whole server via Gameworld Forum threads.

• as for the chat being in Russian, that wont change, I know that I moderate on multiple "English Servers" and it is a hard fast rule that you only speak English in the chat, however, you are free to start a forum thread in game that is English speaking. I have seen several servers where groups felt somewhat alienated so reached out to the whole server via Gameworld Forum threads.

Makes sense. But we shouldn't have to. It goes back to the in-game chat translation service that we talked about earlier.

My Forum Goal:

• why shouldnt we have to. I have played RN since the early days of the game. Pre PAX, Mobile APP, Steam Over Europe, USA, etc. and the fact remains that the developers have addressed this issue. Originally, pretty much everything was English only so they made tons of servers in various languages to give people from those countries a chance to play without the need for translator programs and such. I agree that an in game translator would be fantastic and I think if they manage to accomplish this, it will ultimately change the game since it will do away with language barriers but until that happens, either use a third party translator (like many did in the beginning) or play on the English only servers, there are several for each scenario to choose from.

• why shouldnt we have to. I have played RN since the early days of the game. Pre PAX, Mobile APP, Steam Over Europe, USA, etc. and the fact remains that the developers have addressed this issue. Originally, pretty much everything was English only so they made tons of servers in various languages to give people from those countries a chance to play without the need for translator programs and such. I agree that an in game translator would be fantastic and I think if they manage to accomplish this, it will ultimately change the game since it will do away with language barriers but until that happens, either use a third party translator (like many did in the beginning) or play on the English only servers, there are several for each scenario to choose from.

Indeed there is :)

My Forum Goal: