Bonus Train Comps

• Didn't you tell me you're a team player?

I did not understand your message above as response to my previous message.

Yes, most players will play inside a team (company, association).

I play one team in each server I play

JP01 - Samurai (co owner)

DE11 - White Lions

etc...

Is this your question?

• The competitions are actually broken up by prestige and the division is your Lottery Center level. You will only compete against other people with the same Lottery level as you and lottery level is dictated by how much prestige you have. As there arent many levels to the Lottery, the prestige gap can be fairly wide.

Thats not quite correct. Lottery levels and competition classes don't have the same prestige steps.

These are the prestige steps for competitions:

Competitions of higher classes only happen if at least 10 players with enough prestige are connected to a city.

• I dont see where you haven proven me false, just that you disagree so until you can show anything that proves I am in error, I will continue believing as I do. I have played this for a very long time and have never seen different. Out of respect however, I will consult some people who may be able to tell me for sure.

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”-Mahatma Gandhi

• Your claim:

The competitions are actually broken up by prestige and the division is your Lottery Center level.

The numbers:

competition class Prestige required
    1 0
    2 2,500
    3 10,000
    4 25,000
    5 50,000
    6 100,000

Lottery level Prestige required
    1 0
    2 1,000
    3 6,000
    4 20,000
    5 60,000
  • Lottery building level affects stuff you win from the lottery. For example when you reach 1000 Prestige and get to level 2, you might win a bonus engine from the lottery!

Competitions are not based on the level of your lottery building, but I would not be surprised if someone thinks so.

• A lot of this confustions would be solved if RN would be more transparant on this matters.

What's wrong with showing the prestige levels of competiton groups, worker groups etc. in a place here in the forum.

Most of this kind of information is only shared on the German part of this forum. Same as much more information which is only shared with the German groups and not with all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• What a cool idea naike

What information can be found on German part of the forum that you would like to have copied here and translated?

I think we could do it as a group effort, and I can then (or someone else) start and lock a thread that has plenty of good information for those who want or need it. And no, I don't speak German :P

And perhaps there's even more info we can collect.

• While I commend you for your sense of fair play, it's not altogether accurate to call these players "malicious". Some may be of course, theres always some but I have found the majority of players who do this, arent even paying attention, they are in it more for the competition itself than the prize as there are round and career achievements for number of comps won as well as just completed.

I just want to add to this:
    This is something people often underestimate. We (humans) have a strong tendency to overestimate hostile intentions in the behavior of others. Just because some behavior is harmful or might be interpreted that way, this doesn't mean it was intended that way. We just tend to think that way. This effect is so common in human behavior, that this is even a well researched effect in psychology, the so-called "hostile attribution bias", which describes our general tendency to interpret behavior as hostile, even it's just neutral or even positive.

In other words: Don't trust your instinct when judging other peoples potentially hostile behavior. It's usually not actually hostile, we just tend to think that way.

That's also part of the reason why friendly and respectful conversation with other people can prevent so many misunderstandings that might otherwise lead to conflict.

Found?DU5gLUo.png

• A lot of information was shared over the years by Saphirus or one of the developers when questions were answered. Like competition groups or how the associations are divided into 4 groups for worker auctions. I linked some of it when answering questions here in the english part already like in this thread. It's spread over the threads and we have to search for it there ourselfs though. I saved links to some threads with usefull information for quick access. For example this: Karrierebutton Farben und Federn

In Anleitungen & Tutorials are many FAQs and tutorials that should be translated.

• That's also part of the reason why friendly and respectful conversation with other people can prevent so many misunderstandings that might otherwise lead to conflict.

That only works if the other person involved takes the time to communicate. Many of those who play their own game, ignoring the team, don't bother replying to messages or forum threads either.

• A lot of information was shared over the years by Saphirus or one of the developers when questions were answered. Like competition groups or how the associations are divided into 4 groups for worker auctions. I linked some of it when answering questions here in the english part already like in this thread. It's spread over the threads and we have to search for it there ourselfs though. I saved links to some threads with usefull information for quick access. For example this: Karrierebutton Farben und Federn

In Anleitungen & Tutorials are many FAQs and tutorials that should be translated.

I will work on it and make a forum topic when i'm done.

Edit: Don't we need @Amalis_DE permission first? or is he/she not active anymore?

Edit2: It's just Amalis asking about the career level stars. It has nothing to do with a guide.

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by SteamySingal ().

• It seems to me that they are talking about being a "First Class Member" and about how you can get "certain" benefits you could get here on this forum and in-game (i think...) for loyalty and if something you wanted has been implemented the following year or 2 and Amalis was wondering about why certain people/players get those stars/feathers and why others do not.

That was years ago and I doubt it matters anymore...

My Forum Goal:

• No, they are talking about how career levels and the stars are displayed ingame. It was probably not the best example

Yes and this tidbit:

First class member is a status which you have acquired for many years of loyalty (more than 2 or 3 years or even since the closed beta phase) to RN, which will be rewarded with special first class member moves.
    First class members are partly those who post here a lot and have contributed to things that have been desired 2 years ago have now been implemented or even come next year.
    The first class member symbol is now visible to anyone in the game by the gold symbol with a star.

My Forum Goal:

• Hi i seem to have caused a bit of an argument here. Sorry not my intention i wasn't saying that those who enter who already have the train are doing it hostile or anything. All i was suggesting was a way for it to be a bit more fair for others entering the comp if the winner already has the train. The reason as to why the person has entered if they already have the train is irrelevant really.

I like your idea Samisu about maybe donating the train to a fellow member of your association. Maybe a member can't be online for the comp but another member is then they could enter to win the train and donate it. This also could cause other problems. What about if you pick a member to donate to and someone else wanted it and it causes an argument as to why you chose one member over another lol

Maybe as another suggestion if you win the comp and you already have the train maybe you could receive a voucher in return that either you can use to purchase another bonus train that you haven't got or you could give the voucher to someone else. Or that it gives a voucher for a bonus engine upgrade. So whatever the reason for the person entering the comp whether they already have the train or not they will still receive something that they can either use themselves or give to someone else. There are so many solutions that could be implemented. Maybe others have other suggestions that would work for everyone.

• Hi i seem to have caused a bit of an argument here. Sorry not my intention i wasn't saying that those who enter who already have the train are doing it hostile or anything. All i was suggesting was a way for it to be a bit more fair for others entering the comp if the winner already has the train. The reason as to why the person has entered if they already have the train is irrelevant really.

I like your idea Samisu about maybe donating the train to a fellow member of your association. Maybe a member can't be online for the comp but another member is then they could enter to win the train and donate it. This also could cause other problems. What about if you pick a member to donate to and someone else wanted it and it causes an argument as to why you chose one member over another lol

Maybe as another suggestion if you win the comp and you already have the train maybe you could receive a voucher in return that either you can use to purchase another bonus train that you haven't got or you could give the voucher to someone else. Or that it gives a voucher for a bonus engine upgrade. So whatever the reason for the person entering the comp whether they already have the train or not they will still receive something that they can either use themselves or give to someone else. There are so many solutions that could be implemented. Maybe others have other suggestions that would work for everyone.

Good ideas! Love it! :)

My Forum Goal: