Bonus Train Comps

• There really needs to be some changes made to the bonus train competitions. How is it fair for someone who already has the train to win the comp. If the person already has the train then the train should go to the person in 2nd place. Or make it so if you already have the train you can't even enter the comp.

• There really needs to be some changes made to the bonus train competitions. How is it fair for someone who already has the train to win the comp. If the person already has the train then the train should go to the person in 2nd place. Or make it so if you already have the train you can't even enter the comp.

Completly agree!

If i have the train i dont even enter this tournament!!

but I think these malicious players enter on purpose, do everything to win so nobody else will have the train.

This morning I had the train tournament in three servers I play.

I have the train so I just ignored!

• Yeah I usually don't do the comp if I have the train, or give a 5-10 min headstart.

In "my" city / region, I tend to be quite strict about those competitions (explaining that it will help everybody, especially in EG for example, if one more of those trains is on the tracks and so on). In neighboring regions, on the other hand, I won't stop my teammates from doing the corp, even though they already have the train.

Even though frustrating (and not to my personal liking), it might still be a sound strategy to win the comp on purpose to make sure your opponents don't get it. But, IMO, this is not the mindset of this game. However, I find it one of the great tools we have at our disposal to negociate with annoying neighbors (we can retaliate to their agression by winning those comps in their cities, for example).

I find this gameplay mechanic is closer to the travian mindset, than the railnation one (conquer your ennemies, and so on). Like rivalities, it's something that usually is not used here, because most players love to play the game in a friendly manner. Maybe we can think of a change to this mechanic, to better reflect the railnation mindset of late ? :)

• but I think these malicious players enter on purpose, do everything to win so nobody else will have the train.

This is definitely the main issue, far too many people play selfishly, never thinking about the 'team', whether that is the city on classic/USA or the region in Europe.

• Good conversation, and I just wanted to think aloud here without any answers ^^

Is it right that we have a chance to stop competitors from winning a bonus engine? We also have a chance to let the competition or first spot pass and "give" the bonus engine to a friend.

Would it be right, that the second place will win the engine automatically if the winner already has the engine? Even if it hurts the winner? Or what if it goes to the first in line in your association?

What if the engine could be turned into prestige, if you already have it?

What if you could discuss about the contest and offer something of value to the prospective winner before the contest starts - no competing over certain factories for example.

Would everyone be happier if bonus engines could not be won from competitions?

• Personally, I think this is another example of unnecessary bans implemented to solve problems. Maybe someone wants to collect BEs to gain power? Isn't that part of the game? The game and the people in it are a snapshot of life. Life sometimes does not seem fair. Those that succeed...truly succeed, overcome barriers. If I have a BE, I most likely will allow someone else a chance to get one, especially is they are on my team or in my region (SoE). But, if one day I decide to collect a few more, should I be restricted just because someone else thinks they should be basically *given* an engine? If that's the case, might as well just hand them out to everyone. Actually, skip that...just log in and watch as an AI does everything for you and everyone ties for #1.

• I don't agree with the BE going to 2nd place. As now the winner should receive the engine, or the cash equivalent. After all they have won the prize so unfair to take it away from them, whether you agree with them entering the comp or not.

Personally I think that if you wish to play for the team you should stand aside and let someone else win the engine, play for 2nd and cash if you wish. Winning them in nearby regions/cities to hamper the opposition is a different matter though ;)

• You can win bonus engines from competitions? I have never seen such a thing before. I can see why this would be a problem. Is this a Europe/Germany/Russia/Japanese server only thing? is it glitched on the US101 Broadway server? or am I missing something?

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• Yes you can. They happen rarely but if you are connected to at least 5 citys you will see several bonus engine competitions a week.

Ah. Another reason why it's unfair. That takes a lot of money and time. Something needs to be done about this i think...

My Forum Goal:

• Why do you think it's unfair? There ist only a slight chance to get a bonus engine competition in one of the four competitions in a city per day. Connecting to more cities gets you more copmetitions and improves your chances to get a bonus engine competition.

• Why do you think it's unfair? There ist only a slight chance to get a bonus engine competition in one of the four competitions in a city per day. Connecting to more cities gets you more copmetitions and improves your chances to get a bonus engine competition.

Isn't what this topic is about? fairness?

My Forum Goal:

• RN is a mirror of real life, not everybody knows or wants to play a "fair" game. There are always people who only think about themselves. The same as with breaking majorities, this are endless discussions. But the game is designed to have all this different kind of ways to play it.

I don't like those actions too but all these "selfish" players teach me valuable lessons.

Imho there is no need to change these rules and make this game a soft game where there is no room for a little rebellion, that's what makes this game so full with challenges. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• RN is a mirror of real life, not everybody knows or wants to play a "fair" game. There are always people who only think about themselves. The same as with breaking majorities, this are endless discussions. But the game is designed to have all this different kind of ways to play it.

I don't like those actions too but all these "selfish" players teach me valuable lessons.

Imho there is no need to change these rules and make this game a soft game where there is no room for a little rebellion, that's what makes this game so full with challenges. :)

True true. But that won't stop them from trying ;)

My Forum Goal:

• You can win bonus engines from competitions? I have never seen such a thing before. I can see why this would be a problem. Is this a Europe/Germany/Russia/Japanese server only thing? is it glitched on the US101 Broadway server? or am I missing something?

you also play US103 at the same time as me.

there were so many bonus train tournaments this past round.

i saw many in St Louis!

• Not according to him:

Yes you can. They happen rarely but if you are connected to at least 5 citys you will see several bonus engine competitions a week.

Maybe Samisu can straighten this out....

My Forum Goal: