Message POPUPS over MAP buttons

• why are they important?

what is valuable in them?

All the green marked info is important during the game, and because they come as pop-ups fast information. During events as city competions, endgames and so on you need to collect a lot of information in a split second to make the best decisions. These pop-ups help a lot.

If you have to wait for a window to load you lose valuable time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The post was edited 1 time, last by naike ().

• I agree that the popups (aside from the WH info one I mentioned in another thread) are important as it relates to city or factory status. My original post was relating to this annoying green box that pops up over the map navigation buttons in the bottom right.

This is on a desktop pc platform:

In this case, if I were clicking around the map, or attempting to open the overview map, it would annoyingly take me to my research tree. If it were a notification that a corpmate/friend is on or offline, it would take me to their profile.

Again, not altogether useless information, but there's no reason that I can see why it needs to popup directly over the map navigation buttons (or on top of any other buttons, for that matter)

• All the green marked info is important during the game, and because they come as pop-ups fast information. During events as city competions, endgames and so on you need to collect a lot of information in a split second to make the best decisions. These pop-ups help a lot.

If you have to wait for a window to load you lose valuable time.

hmmmmm

i have been city coordinator/product caller in winning city and i never used this to make decisions.

during city competitions i never used this too.

again, it should be an optional feature, as the music, smoke, etc...

but i am not a lazy person, i checked carefully all options before making decisions on products to call, and it maybe took me few seconds. o^_^o

it is the same as not writing complete words/sentences... it just takes maybe 3 more seconds, but leads to full comprehension of everyone involved!

• You don't use it, I know lots who will use it. And I'm one of them.

Just a curious question, if you are the caller on duty during an endgame how do you determine which industry is the best to use?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Very Nice, thanks Darth Nina! I swore I went hunting for someplace to turn those off at one time when the "new" interface came into play, and had no luck finding those settings.

Regardless, I do still think that I'd like to have them (or at least some of them) notify me/pop-up, just don't think they should interfere with other buttons that are statically located on the screen!

• Yes thats right. unfortunately a lot of software using the lower right area for messages.

Even facebook, or windows itself let pop up some stuff on that same position

It would be nice if RN chose a different position, or would be best if the position itself was selectable

• You don't use it, I know lots who will use it. And I'm one of them.

Just a curious question, if you are the caller on duty during an endgame how do you determine which industry is the best to use?

when the product is being transported, i am already looking for potential low waiting time factories.

also easy to see by city window that the product with less transports (less intruders transporting products that are not being called) will have best probability of having a low waiting time factory.

also, memorizing the exact location of all factories (including duplicates) also helps me.

about 10 minutes remaining to recalculation i have the two best options in my head. immediately after recalculation i quickly check both my choices and make a final decision (o^_^o)

• when the product is being transported, i am already looking for potential low waiting time factories.

also easy to see by city window that the product with less transports (less intruders transporting products that are not being called) will have best probability of having a low waiting time factory.

also, memorizing the exact location of all factories (including duplicates) also helps me.

about 10 minutes remaining to recalculation i have the two best options in my head. immediately after recalculation i quickly check both my choices and make a final decision (o^_^o)

to see the correct waittime you have to wait untill recalculation has passed. An industry with a waittime of 30 seconds can get a waittime of minutes after recalculation. It can also get a waittime of 0. To see that information quickly I use those pop ups of industries. That gives me fast the information I need to see and make my decision.

• but i am not a lazy person, i checked carefully all options before making decisions on products to call, and it maybe took me few seconds. o^_^o

I have also called in winning cities but I was constantly getting told I was too slow last EG on Loch Ness because I wanted to take an extra couple of seconds checking the best call. Supposedly if you don't call within a nanosecond of the recalc you are not quick enough and people will haul their own choice.

• I have also called in winning cities but I was constantly getting told I was too slow last EG on Loch Ness because I wanted to take an extra couple of seconds checking the best call. Supposedly if you don't call within a nanosecond of the recalc you are not quick enough and people will haul their own choice.

haul? i dont know this.

I think I make the call fast ( i know, i am impatient too) and yes, there is always the people who will insist in transporting whatever good they wish after recalculation.

But depending on the server, these people will get a scream right in their ear from too many players!))))

• haul? i dont know this.

I think I make the call fast ( i know, i am impatient too) and yes, there is always the people who will insist in transporting whatever good they wish after recalculation.

But depending on the server, these people will get a scream right in their ear from too many players!))))

we use the word haul(ing) for transporting the goods.

below the meaning of the word

1. (of a person) pull or drag with effort or force.

2. (of a vehicle) pull (an attached trailer or carriage) behind it.

I have also called in winning cities but I was constantly getting told I was too slow last EG on Loch Ness because I wanted to take an extra couple of seconds checking the best call. Supposedly if you don't call within a nanosecond of the recalc you are not quick enough and people will haul their own choice.

We always post some endgame rules. One is to be patient when there isn't a call immediatly. With the explanation why a can take a little more time.

• you get many players in the forum chat

-next?

-next?

-next?

-next?

less than one second after recalculation, already so many `next?` hahahaha

i was an impatient player until the first time i was made city coordinator...

now i will patiently park in the city and wait for the next call ^^;

• the popups come up all the time even if u just pass the mouse overthem. IE looking at who is hauling what and the players info comes up just cause i was scrolling down the list and not even had the mouse over them. Then u have to waste time hitting the x to close them again so u can get to see what u want to see. Sometimes i get popups for an industry that im not even close to with the mouse. IE looking at something in london and i get a popup for something in manchester.

Just moving the mouse around the screen causes these popups to come up even if ur not over anything. u only have to go near them and they popup.

But its not just this game it does it on others as well so think its a windows problem not a game prob.

• I have also called in winning cities but I was constantly getting told I was too slow last EG on Loch Ness because I wanted to take an extra couple of seconds checking the best call. Supposedly if you don't call within a nanosecond of the recalc you are not quick enough and people will haul their own choice.

I'm guessing the people giving you a hard time and doing their own thing never do the calling themselves.

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”-Mahatma Gandhi

• Ah - the sabo-gang. Aren't they fun? There was an entire corp based out of Moscow, as I recall, and they consisted of only what could be described as sleeper cells in each region. If you looked at their membership, it was quite colorful. Apparently, they thought that running blanket coverage on all RGs for a region's EG city would help them. Well, it did not. I cannot remember exactly where they finished in the rankings (6th - maybe?), but they did not really keep us from winning in 23 hours.

Maybe...just going out on a limb here, if they directed all that planning and effort into, oh, maybe hauling to their own city...hmmm.

• the popups come up all the time even if u just pass the mouse overthem. IE looking at who is hauling what and the players info comes up just cause i was scrolling down the list and not even had the mouse over them. Then u have to waste time hitting the x to close them again so u can get to see what u want to see. Sometimes i get popups for an industry that im not even close to with the mouse. IE looking at something in london and i get a popup for something in manchester.

Just moving the mouse around the screen causes these popups to come up even if ur not over anything. u only have to go near them and they popup.

But its not just this game it does it on others as well so think its a windows problem not a game prob.

exactly!!

very irritating and waste of time.

if i want to investigate a factory, i will click on it, i dont need these unecessary windows making me waste time by only having the mouse pass in them when my purpose is completely different.

i see some people are fans of these things, so eliminating them is not good because makes some people unhappy.

i say, make the appearance of them an option we can turn on or off at the display settings.