Email with offer received when I was no longer eligible

• Not exactly a defect, however, I couldn't find a better place for this issue.

I play on M1.201 Scandinavia and today we started our new round, I was online right on time and 6 minutes after the server started I've got this offer in my email:
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

The offer is linked to my creating a new avatar on the server, which I have created BEFORE I received the offer. Poor timing I would say.

Now, is this a common offer? Can I just save the link to use the next time? Would you mind checking your system so that it gets sent BEFORE the round starts?

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Yes ir's a common offer. You should get it everytime when a server you completed restarts. The link can be saved and used next time. Sadly it's intentional that the mail is sent only after the server already runs so players are reminded and can join the new round immediately. Can take up to an hour to get the mail.

But you don't have to wait for the mail. They post this link weekly on facebook: fb.rail-nation.com

Again, I fail to receive such offers....What are the requirements for these things?

Try to ask the support why you don't get the mail.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hilti2 ().

• SteamySignal, you have to Opt-in for emails. I believe it just requires you to be signed up for the Travian newsletter, which you can do from your Career Lobby (Account settings)... but you may also have to enable email messages for specific servers (that's in Options > Notifications).

As for the email itself -- they're always sent out shortly after the servers start. That's just how it works. You don't have to wait for them, though, because the email bonus and the Facebook bonus are the exact same thing (and you're only able to use the bonus once per week)... so instead of waiting for the email, just use http://fb.rail-nation.com/ when you start your new round, and it'll work the same way. The week's bonus is announced each week on the Facebook page, so you can know what you're getting from it even though the email says it's a surprise.

Hope that helps!

• SteamySignal, you have to Opt-in for emails. I believe it just requires you to be signed up for the Travian newsletter, which you can do from your Career Lobby (Account settings)

I've already enabled it since i've started playing it:

https://tinyurl.com/y54mzhlq

but you may also have to enable email messages for specific servers (that's in Options > Notifications).

I don't see such menu. Is it here on this forum or in game?

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• I have emailed support regularly about these emails. They should be sent out just before the server restarts, not afterwards. I really cannot see the point in sending an email to people who may have already restarted.

• I Just got my first one. It was in one of the Gmail tabs that wasn't expecting it to be in. Anyways, I clicked on the button and logged into the server and......nothing. I don't even know what I got. Maybe instead of a button, it can be in the form of a Voucher code that can be copy and pasted?

My Forum Goal:

• Didn't you read this thread?

The offer is linked to my creating a new avatar on the server, which I have created BEFORE I received the offer. Poor timing I would say.

Yeah. we are both in the same situation witch goes back to my post:

Then why would one get the email in the first place if they are already registered?

My Forum Goal:

• Look at Message #3 in this thread by me. The mail with the link ist sent automatically after a server starts. Doesn't matter if you are already registered or not.

Ok...

Yes ir's a common offer. You should get it everytime when a server you completed restarts. The link can be saved and used next time. Sadly it's intentional that the mail is sent only after the server already runs so players are reminded and can join the new round immediately. Can take up to an hour to get the mail.

So you're saying it's only an reminder email that the server you're on has restarted? No special bonus or anything? Or are you saying that the special bonus is automatically applied upon joining a restarted server regardless if you got the email or not?

My Forum Goal:

• You might all now be aware, that there are lots of problems with M1.201 Scandinavia. If ypu want to join the game via App it is impossible. For first time you should join via computer... It is a Day2 but only 300+ people joined. We are only 3 Players in city of Malaga. Like beeing in Europe after Atomic war!

• Ok...

So you're saying it's only an reminder email that the server you're on has restarted? No special bonus or anything? Or are you saying that the special bonus is automatically applied upon joining a restarted server regardless if you got the email or not?

No. I will recapitulate it:

• The server sends the emails with the special bonus automatically after it's restartet and not before the registration is open
    • To get the special bonus you have to registrate to the server with the link from the email
    • If you don't want to wait for the email you can use http://fb.rail-nation.com/ It'll give you a special bonus too
    • It's a reminder that the server has restarted and players should be able to register spontaneous immediately after they got the email. The emails are sent only after the registriation is possible for that reason
  • The server sends the emails with the special bonus automatically after it's restartet and not before the registration is open

OK.

To get the special bonus you have to registrate to the server with the link from the email

Done that...well, I didn't get said email the first time I joined RN I don't think...

If you don't want to wait for the email you can use fb.rail-nation.com It'll give you a special bonus too

Nah, I'm good :)

It's a reminder that the server has restarted and players should be able to register spontaneous immediately after they got the email. The emails are sent only after the registriation is possible for that reason

So the theme is register right? Wich I should of done the very first time but there's also this:

RN1.png

Wich begs the question:

Why send it to me in the first place if I can't redeem it?

My Forum Goal:

• So the theme is register right? Wich I should of done the very first time but there's also this:

Wich begs the question:

As I said, the server sends the emails with the special bonus automatically. Regardless of which you are already registered or not. Contrary to popular belief you don't have to register in the first minutes after a server restarts. 8)

• Wich begs the question:

Well, let me try ... in the German forum we often asked to send out this mail about 1 hour BEFORE server start.

(Which would be technically possible, because from pre-registration we know, the server is on 1-2 days before the round starts, it appears in the lobby lists, so server is running to start the game at time)

The answer always has been: we did not code it like that. Plus, players would klick the link when getting the mail, 30 minutes early, and they would be confused, because the promoted server isn't there.

OK, so they decided to set up the mails by the server, that runs the game, which just started .... and WHILE it's registering new avatars for the starting round, it also creates these mass mails, picking those accounts that have played the round before and NOT having opted out from the newsletter.

Well, IMHO it's not pure smartness and wisdom of IT engineering, to make a server create mass mails and check all avatars/accounts, while it's busy to register the players for the new round, create their tutorials, build all the tracks and schedules we have to build to get the round running ... well; i still think performance of any server would be better at start, if the mails were created somewhat earlier.

Now your question. Why send it to you, though you cannot redeem it?

As HIlti explained, they send it to ev1, who was on the server and opted in for the newsletter. So, you will get one.

Of course they could sort out those who are already registered, just like they sort out all who opted out from the newsletter.

However, it happens simulatiously. Server starts, round starts, let's say at 14:00 h CET ... then you register at 14:05 h and your account is checked for newsletter at 14.07 ... yes, they COULD check your registration, though you might then be picking new clothes for your ava, so registration not yet finished ...

Well, creating the mails and registration of players happens simulaniously in the very same 30 or 60 minutes.

So hold back your mail would mean to create a process like

"check account for newsletter and last round - if opted in and been in last round, create mail - check if registered now already - if yes, delete mail, if no, send mail" .... they will not code a process like that.

Thinking about it, I really do not understand, why they create the mails on the very same server and do it in the busiest hour of all that the server will go through for the next weeks.

So, what you can do: ignore the mail, wait for the mail before you register, use the Facebook link ... or just try, if the link still works for you next week, when you decide to play on a server that you have not been on yet.

Homo forensis, der gemeine Forenuser ... eine erstaunliche Spezies.

• make this long story short.

this email will be useless if the player is already started the server.

this email is also useless if the player is still not started the server.

for two ocassions the servers started when i was at my work and when i was sleeping. one time when i returned to my home from my work, i entered the server (new round that had started few hours ago) using the email button ... and i received no present.

the other time, i woke up, checked my emails, saw the email saying i would have a present if i started the round using the button in the email. i clicked, started the round, no present for me again.

conclusion; useless if you already started the round, useless if you still did not start.

just ignore (.>_<.)