RN2018-7175: Can't join new association but ejected out of the old one

• We entered the End Game of the last round, I pre-registered for the current round with my old association, I had planned on changing the association with the new round. The new round has arrived, I have received the invite from the new association, accepted it and got an error message that I can't join them because I can only join an association every 24 hours, but I've been ejected from my old one and I'm stuck in a limbo until the 24 hours have passed as now I can't even rejoin my old one.

The new UI should not let you accept an invite if it can't be completed, ideally a prompt should be displayed when you accept the invitation and tell you that you can't join for a time limit BEFORE it ejects you from the old one.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• PS. I've just realised that, in this case, the problem is that I was invited, a check could be introduced so that, if I can't join anyone, the inviter gets returned an error at that level, before I'm even presented the opportunity to accept.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• I know people don't like what I call "clan hopping" (trying to use a general term here, bear with me) but imo, it shouldn't be forced on us to have to wait a certain period of time to switch "clans." especially since if people here are ok with it. I've talked to people and they seem ok about it for the most part....At least for the Broadway server.

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• May be wrong error message. Pre-registrated places are reserved for the first 3 days.

Nope, because now I can't even join my original association, for the same reason.

Also, to the best of my understanding, a spot is saved for 3 days if the original user doesn't log, if the user logs and leave it becomes available.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• If an association HQ grows then spaces become available, or if someone gets booted/leaves their space can be filled.

There is room.

I can't join because there is a rules that says you can't join another association for 24 hours after you join one.

I am reporting a bug because I was in association, I was invited by another one, I accepted and only afterwards I received an error message saying I couldn't join because I need to wait 24 hours.

Stop trying to find out why I couldn't join, I know why I couldn't join, I still believe there is a defect in the new UI that should have prevented the behaviour.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Good evening everyone,

as of right now this is working as intended. You should not be able to jump from one association to the next, it's unfortunate that there's no warning message implemented yet to let you know that you're automatically leaving your old association while not being able to enter your new one before the 24 hours are due. I will create an entry to fix this.

Thank you for the report!

Kind regards,

Mollymauk

• I don't understand the 24hr issue because it is quite possible to create an association then leave it immediately to join an existing one.

Created the first, joined the second.

Now, try joining the first one, then attempt to join another one.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• So you can leave your own association and join another one, but you can't leave one you didn't create to join one? Seems bizarre to me.

You can leave your own association, but we implemented a rule that you have to stay in one association for at least 24 hrs to avoid "association hopping" as mentioned above. Since the server Stubaski is on just started these 24 hrs weren't up yet, so when they left their association to be a member of a different one this rule applied and while they could leave their old one, they weren't able to enter the new one but instead had to stay "association-less".

• You can leave your own association, but we implemented a rule that you have to stay in one association for at least 24 hrs to avoid "association hopping" as mentioned above. Since the server Stubaski is on just started these 24 hrs weren't up yet, so when they left their association to be a member of a different one this rule applied and while they could leave their old one, they weren't able to enter the new one but instead had to stay "association-less".

Is this rule is also valid when you pre-registered and leave your asso at the server start to join a new asso?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• You can leave your own association, but we implemented a rule that you have to stay in one association for at least 24 hrs to avoid "association hopping" as mentioned above. Since the server Stubaski is on just started these 24 hrs weren't up yet, so when they left their association to be a member of a different one this rule applied and while they could leave their old one, they weren't able to enter the new one but instead had to stay "association-less".

When did this come into effect and how was the info disseminated to the players?

• When did this come into effect and how was the info disseminated to the players?

I may have expressed myself a little ambigious, this hasn't been a recent change. It's been like this for a long time even before the association screen got updated. The bug is that you don't get notified after your application gets accepted by another association and the 24 hrs aren't up so that when you join the new association you automatically leave your old one and then get stuck without an association because due to the rule you aren't able to join another one yet. This should be clear before you accept to join another association.

• We entered the End Game of the last round, I pre-registered for the current round with my old association, I had planned on changing the association with the new round. The new round has arrived, I have received the invite from the new association, accepted it and got an error message that I can't join them because I can only join an association every 24 hours, but I've been ejected from my old one and I'm stuck in a limbo until the 24 hours have passed as now I can't even rejoin my old one.

The new UI should not let you accept an invite if it can't be completed, ideally a prompt should be displayed when you accept the invitation and tell you that you can't join for a time limit BEFORE it ejects you from the old one.

Is this rule is also valid when you pre-registered and leave your asso at the server start to join a new asso?

Highlighting, you know, just in case.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• The new round has arrived, I have received the invite from the new association, accepted it and got an error message that I can't join them because I can only join an association every 24 hours, but I've been ejected from my old one and I'm stuck in a limbo until the 24 hours have passed as now I can't even rejoin my old one.

Two players on Loch Ness have stated they have done this today on different servers - so is it actually policy or a bug?