Let's talk about the Update 4.14.0

• You just had to kill it for everyone didn't you? So the Priums isn't worth the trouble isn't it?

HMR should better have pointed out clearer that she took fully upgraded bonusengines to compare to Primus. But I guess she will make another version with bonusengines without any upgrades when she reads this…..?

By the way, any train extra means extra hauling power for you and your team, whether it is a Kite, or a Valkiry, or a Primus ;)

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M19 Allstars Final :engine1: COM301 The Alps :engine1:

• Because of the interest on the subject.

Later I will publish additional information and analysis.

• You just had to kill it for everyone didn't you? So the Priums isn't worth the trouble isn't it?

An extra bonus engine is always worth the trouble. And the 3D-graph doesn't effectively reflect the power of the primus (the graph only states that that bonus engine is at least 1% less effective than the corresponding bonus engine, in the corresponding era, with all upgrades). We don't know with that graph if it's useless, or simply a tiny bit worse, which can be compensated by the fact that it gets better every era.

The primus is so good, IMO, that I'm thinking anyone who wishes to go for a top1 without paying should consider doing it in the next 3 months, when you can get the primus for 1.7 euro (cheapest buying gold option). Later on, you are gonna struggle without a primus against someone close to your skill that has it.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• An extra bonus engine is always worth the trouble. And the 3D-graph doesn't effectively reflect the power of the primus (the graph only states that that bonus engine is at least 1% less effective than the corresponding bonus engine, in the corresponding era, with all upgrades). We don't know with that graph if it's useless, or simply a tiny bit worse, which can be compensated by the fact that it gets better every era.

The primus is so good, IMO, that I'm thinking anyone who wishes to go for a top1 without paying should consider doing it in the next 3 months, when you can get the primus for 1.7 euro (cheapest buying gold option). Later on, you are gonna struggle without a primus against someone close to your skill that has it.

I won't pay for it, imho it is again a way to get more people pay for the game. Same as the birthday servers were.

I find it sad that Travian more and more is making Railnation a payed game. The strenght was that also not paying players could play it entirely with some disabled options, this becomes less and less. Not everybody can spend (a lot) money to play games.

I would liked it if there was added a second carreer engine, and this time a passenger engine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I won't pay for it, imho it is again a way to get more people pay for the game. Same as the birthday servers were.

I find it sad that Travian more and more is making Railnation a payed game. The strenght was that also not paying players could play it entirely with some disabled options, this becomes less and less. Not everybody can spend (a lot) money to play games.

I would liked it if there was added a second carreer engine, and this time a passenger engine.

I completely agree with you on that (and I don't especially like an extra bonus engine because of that, it increases the gap between the paying and non-paying players). Nevertheless, I feel it will be much cheaper to get it right now (while they give it to you) rather than try to get it with the lottery later on (it's gonna be crazy expensive that way)

That's why I said "for those that want a top1", for "normal" players, that don't make the ranking their unique goal, the Primus is just another of those trains they probably will never get, or once every few games, and it won't change anything for them, except making it harder and harder to keep up with the few that pay.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• What is the cheapest package, 1.99€?

That package will come with the new bonus engine for first time gold purchasers and to those who make the purchase withing 3-month period after Primus release. After this, the engine can only be won through lottery and can't be purchased - same as Gold rush.

This way many people will get a chance to "test drive" the new engine.

• I won't pay for it, imho it is again a way to get more people pay for the game. Same as the birthday servers were.

Is it that way? Honest question. I play this game for a long time (well, lets not talk about that^^) and it didn't changed for not paying players. They introduced some useful ways to use gold (Era packages and super starter package), a not so useful way no one with a right mind would use (buying bonus trains for gold) and a pay2win option wich I really despise (halve waiting time). But the latter is only relevant for players wanting to win (Pro-tip: If you want to win a round play an US-server to try it).

• Thanks for the comments of smart players!

I hope more comments.

I'm not particularly smart, so you can skip my comment!

HMR should better have pointed out clearer that she took fully upgraded bonusengines to compare to Primus. But I guess she will make another version with bonusengines without any upgrades when she reads this…..?

Correct! I will do it!

By the way, any train extra means extra hauling power for you and your team, whether it is a Kite, or a Valkiry, or a Primus

Absolutely true!

For the chart above ^^^

I must note that both trains are completely upgraded*!

Bonus trains are completely upgraded!

*Primus can not be upgraded. That's why we can say it's completely upgraded!

1) Comparing Primus with the Bonus Train for the Era

1.1) With bonus trains (fully upgraded) and Primus (fully upgraded *)! (the chart above ^^^)

conclusion: Bonus train for the era is always better than Primus.

1.2) With bonus trains (NOT upgraded) and Primus (fully upgraded *)! (the chart below vvv)

conclusion: Primus is almost always better than a bonus train.

1.3) With bonus trains (Tractive Force upgrade/1 upgrade) and Primus (fully upgraded *)! (the chart below vvv)

conclusion: Bonus train is always better than a Primus.

2) Comparing Primus with the Bonus Trains - price

Primus can only be won in a lottery.

So we will compare their prices to the lottery.

Probability to win Primus - 0.1% - 1 per 1,000 tickets (In real game can cost > 2x1,000 = 2,000 tickets)

Probability to win a Bonus Train - 1% - 1 per 100 tickets (In real game can cost > 2x100 = 200 tickets)

Probability to win a Bonus Train Upgrade - 2% - 2 per 100 tickets

Probability to win all 7 Cargo Bonus Train + 14 Bonus Train Upgrades - 700 tickets = 7x100 tickets (In real game can cost > 2x700 = 1,400 tickets)

Primus = 1,000 tickets

7 Cargo Bonus Train + 14 Bonus Train Upgrades - 700 tickets

conclusion:

Primus's ticket price is 42% higher than the price of all 7 Cargo Bonus Train + 14 Bonus Train Upgrades

Primus can not compete with all 7 bonus trains in total.

3) Primus Other

3.1) Аdditional very powerful bonus train

3.2) No need for a Coupling

3.3) No extra costs in gold/tickets

3.4) Automatically adjust to the current era

My personal opinion:

Primus is a very strong train! At too high price!

I'm glad it's already in the game!

There will be great joy when you win it!

I do not expect to change the balance in the game!

Those who have so much gold to buy it will win with or without it (if they are smart).

It will also fund the game without changing the balance!

I personally expected this to be a train worth the price.

I do not expect it to be better than 7 trains - put together.

If we only look at the price - we should expect it :)

But at least be better than the first 6 trains separately.

I expect this to happen when it gets upgrades!

We have a new train in our favorite game!

Let's enjoy and celebrate.

• Бонус vs Primus 3D

Bonus trains (NOT upgraded) and Primus (fully upgraded *)

Era 1

Era 2

Era 3

Era 4

Era 5

Era 6

• Бонус vs Primus 3D

Bonus trains (Tractive Force upgrade/1 upgrade) and Primus (fully upgraded *)

Era 1

Era 2

Era 3

Era 4

Era 5

Era 6

• I only wish they can increase the chance of winning it in the lottery. Otherwise it's going to be slowly become a pay to play game. Nobody likes that....

My Forum Goal:

To get to 1000 Posts :)

• I only wish they can increase the chance of winning it in the lottery. Otherwise it's going to be slowly become a pay to play game. Nobody likes that....

Wouldn't the same thing apply to Gold Rush?

The new engine is almost as rare, and you still have a lot better chance of getting one of the other bonus engines.

Got me thinking, if the chance of winning Gold rush or the new engine was higher, wouldn't that push people to use more and more lottery tickets? Now that both are super rare, it is just a fun surprise but not something you expect to win when opening daily tickets. At least I don't expect to win it and I have never won the Gold rush either. If I do win, then I will get a big surprise and that's it :D

• when can we buy the gold package that comes with this train?

will it be available for purchase in any server that is happening now?

I am having terrible luck getting bonus trains by the lotto in most servers I am now playing.

I dont mind buying one gold package per server I am playing, to have this train.

But I dont know if it will be available (when) in all servers that have started such as JP01, DE107, DE11, RU06 etc

• Wouldn't the same thing apply to Gold Rush?

The new engine is almost as rare, and you still have a lot better chance of getting one of the other bonus engines.

Got me thinking, if the chance of winning Gold rush or the new engine was higher, wouldn't that push people to use more and more lottery tickets? Now that both are super rare, it is just a fun surprise but not something you expect to win when opening daily tickets. At least I don't expect to win it and I have never won the Gold rush either. If I do win, then I will get a big surprise and that's it :D

My opinion is still, people are forced to spend more money if they want to have a higher posibility to win this bonus engine and also the gold rush. Again people with the big bucks have a higher chance of winning this train. Same as they buy all bonus engines with gold. At the moment the winners are not the best tactic players but the people who spend the most real money.

Because of this advantage of the big spenders a lot of players leave the game because they don't have any chance to win anything.

Make servers for the "high stake rollers" and servers without the option of buying gold, just the normal gold wins. This will make things much more fair. And the real good players will appear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• when can we buy the gold package that comes with this train?

will it be available for purchase in any server that is happening now?

After April 25th the Primus is for 3 month an extra in every gold package - even the smallest - when you buy gold for the first time on a server during the 3 month period. After the 3 month we old players can get it only through the lottery but for new players it will stil be an extra only with their verry first gold buy.

• After April 25th the Primus is for 3 month an extra in every gold package - even the smallest - when you buy gold for the first time on a server during the 3 month period. After the 3 month we old players can get it only through the lottery but for new players it will stil be an extra only with their verry first gold buy.

only when you buy a gold package for the first time?? (O_O)

really?

but of course i already bought gold for all 6 servers i play at this moment!

i am really having bad luck having any bonus trains, have almost nothing and i thought this was big chance to have at least one bonus train in each server ....

one more time, i am sad with a new feature of this game (~_~;)

• My opinion is still, people are forced to spend more money if they want to have a higher posibility to win this bonus engine and also the gold rush. Again people with the big bucks have a higher chance of winning this train. Same as they buy all bonus engines with gold. At the moment the winners are not the best tactic players but the people who spend the most real money.

Because of this advantage of the big spenders a lot of players leave the game because they don't have any chance to win anything.

Make servers for the "high stake rollers" and servers without the option of buying gold, just the normal gold wins. This will make things much more fair. And the real good players will appear.

well, but life is like this too, is it not?

you are a very rich man, you will have much more opportunities than us normal people who live normal life and work to have a salary.

even in the game is not for free.

you are in a company but pay no donation to the headquarters, do not give money to the worker, nobody will allow you stay there for free, you will be dismissed quickly if you do not pay. you give always lots of money to the worker, everyone will be more happy with you there.

my teammate was same as me, bad luck getting bonus trains in the lotto, he spent much gold and bought both bonus trains.

i will maybe spend 4,000 gold per round, but i cannot pay 4,000 gold for bonus trains, so he has them and i do not. good for him, best luck for me in the lotto hopefully ^^;

it is just the way life is.

• it's a game. The developers should make things more equal. That people spend money and lots of it that's fine. That there are some privelages to it that's fine too. But at the moment winning of the games, personal and teams are bought. Not played. That's what bothers me. People who have perfect skills in this game and should be winners can't win because hypocrites buy it. Therefore my suggestion create two kinds of servers, one for the paying and where everything can be bougth with gold and one with a gold buy option only to use for plusaccounts.