Let's talk about the Update 4.14.0

• Let me rephrase it. You get the primus as extra when you buy any gold package on a server after April 25th till July 25th. Obviously you can't get the primus if you have it already. Thats what I ment wir "for the first time".After July 25th only players which never bought gold before get the Primus as extra if they buy gold.

• what difference will the change of the pre-registration bring.

If 3 big asso's wants to play together they start in three towns next to each other. In one day all asso's are in the same city again

Beter you do first 3 city's grow to lvl 5 for pax, than indeed the 3 big asso's are in the same city, it doesnt realy matter

• That package will come with the new bonus engine for first time gold purchasers and to those who make the purchase withing 3-month period after Primus release.

If you play multiple servers do you get the bonus engine on 'every' server when you purchase gold, or just the server where you purchase gold first?

• Okay, my first impression was:
    - if you make the first purchase ever, you get the new engine
    - if you make a purchase on any server during the 3 month period, you get to take the engine for a test ride (once)

But the blog indeed says you get it during a game round, so you will actually get as many Primus engines you want if you purchase gold on separate servers. Take it for a test ride as many times you like on different servers.

Sorry for the mix-up, and thank you for asking Sniffa ! It wasn't so clear to me either but now we know how it works!

• I was wondering mainly because if we are in era 5/6 now I don't feel that it is worth buying the primus, but if we can get it again in era 1 on the same server because that is a new game round then I may buy it twice ;)

• I was wondering mainly because if we are in era 5/6 now I don't feel that it is worth buying the primus, but if we can get it again in era 1 on the same server because that is a new game round then I may buy it twice ;)

Yup, that is exactly how it works. You can take the engine now for a test drive, and once the server restarts, you can purchase a new package and the engine will be yours again :)

• Seems like this thread has become more about the new train than about the changes to pre-registration.

Regarding pre-registration, one important point is that it's not such a big deal to not get in the same city in the Classic and US versions, the maps are open and players are free to move so you can always lay track to connect to another city to join your friends.

In the EU version of the game, it's a different paradigm. Players have to choose the region they want to play in either during pre-registration or when the server restarts. They cannot change their region during the round. While you can connect to your friends later on in the game and help them then, it's a half life for players that do so.

Most of us acknowledge that players want to play with their friends, that's where the fun lies in this game, so why has pre-registration been changed so that it's not going to be possible for players to play in the same region as their friends?

I think some allowance needs to be made for the EU version of the game regarding pre-registration.

• Most of us acknowledge that players want to play with their friends, that's where the fun lies in this game, so why has pre-registration been changed so that it's not going to be possible for players to play in the same region as their friends?

I think some allowance needs to be made for the EU version of the game regarding pre-registration.

I disagree. I like the idea that you will have to make some more friends.

There is no fun in knowing the winning city on day 1 because they start with 4 or 5 full associations.

• Most of us acknowledge that players want to play with their friends, that's where the fun lies in this game, so why has pre-registration been changed so that it's not going to be possible for players to play in the same region as their friends?

And I hope that devs won't ever think like you.

There is no fun whatsoever in the mega-regions. It's boring for the megaregion, because they have won day 1, it's boring for the other regions, because they have no way of winning, and at the end everybody leaves after a few games.

And the sad thing is, the pre-registration feature already allows those megaregions in the lower-populated servers...

you can play with your friends, you just cannot play with half the server in one region. I personnally don't have 150-300 friends on one server, and I've played for 2 years.

You can still play with 70-90 other people. Should be enough to accomodate all your friends and most of theirs.

• I completely see your point Toots - but I also see Sacroimas too, I guess that it has been put into play so that a team cannot dominate the server in the way Sacroima has spoken about.

Regarding the train spotter change - I don't really understand the change myself, it changing to 20 before a unique did make them more common, but changing them to 100 - is 100 hours per unique, this means players could be waiting 2500 hours for a set which seems worse than before the change came in. I wonder if there is any reason to this.

The bonus train - is exactly that to me, just a bonus. I have it this server on the servers I am playing, but I won't expect it on other servers, it will just be a bonus, just like I never expect to win the gold rush, and haven't so far. I'd probably scream if I did :-)

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• The reasoning for the trainspotter change is that it wasn't rare enough anymore after they changed it to 20 before one appears your don't have already. They miscalculated and didn't expect full sets so quickly.

this means players could be waiting 2500 hours for a set which seems worse than before the change came in.

No, thats wrong because of a change from update 4.8.0. Quoting changelog for update 4.8.0:

New Features:

• The logic for generating trainspotters has been changed. No trainspotters will be generated who were already generated as one of the last 9 trainspotters. This will improve thechances of finding a rare trainspotter.

This means wihtin the first 10 hours after completing a set you get 10 unique new Trainspotters. And in my experience even before 4.13 only the Trainspotters from the lower row were the problem. The rest is usually verry quickly there.

There were additional changes with update 4.13.0. Quate from the changelog for update 4.13.0:

Collecting trainspotters will be less frustrating!

• Trainspotters will only appear every 60 minutes instead of 30.
    • The trainspotter cash rewards will be increased accordingly.
    • Petr and friends will be less shy! Rare trainspotters will appear more frequently.
    • ‘Bad Luck Protection’: A trainspotter still missing in your collection will appear no later than after 20 already collected trainspotters.
  • Hey Hilti - I'm aware of what all the changes are, but we're talking about 'luck', it is possible that a player could now have extremely bad luck and wait 1500 for a full set - though the changes in the breaking news didn't still state that the old it won't repeat in 10 trainspotters wasn't included in the breaking news with information regarding trainspotters. If this has been changed then my calculation of 2400 would also be possible. :)

Chances are unlikely - but statistically based on the numbers it is possible. I still don't believe the correct balance of trainspotters has been found - and do not think the current solution is the answer.

I read all change logs when I have the time - so already aware of all of the changes, but bringing a player view point too it, not factual stuff from the changelog that doesn't delve further into it. :-)

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Emziie ().

• I do not know how you calculate them. But now it's terrible. I play two servers and it is very hard to collect :(

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Erfolg ist die Fähigkeit, ohne Verlust der Begeisterung von einem Misserfolg zum anderen zu gelangen.

Успех - это способность переходить от одной неудачи к другой без потери энтузиазма.

Rail Nation Engine Compare EN DE FR RU

• I do not know how you calculate them. But now it's terrible. I play two servers and it is very hard to collect :(

The worst case scenario I calculated above? Every hour one trainspotter appears.

The first 10 are different from each other so 10 hours for 10 trainspotters. Then

• ‘Bad Luck Protection’: A trainspotter still missing in your collection will appear no later than after 100 already collected trainspotters

So worst case are 100 hour for one trainspotter still missing.Adds up to 1.500 hours for the last 15 trainspotters. Altogether it sums up to 1.510 hours for the worst case scenario. Wich ist very unlikely.