Let's talk about the Update 4.14.0

• Returning to the point about pre-registration, the proposed changes are fine for the Classic and US versions of the game.

I don't think it will work on the EU version of the server, players won't want to play if they can't get into their preferred choice of region and will get fed up and stop playing. I understand about balancing and spreading people around, just don't think this is going to work in the EU version. It would be different if it were possible to change region, but it isn't and everything in the EU game is based around your region.

I know some others think that mega-regions aren't good for the server and would agree with that, but I think this should be left to players to decide for themselves and not be forced into boxes they can't move out of for the whole round. I play with a medium sized group of associations who have fun playing together and enjoy a competitive round with similar groups. We welcome new members as individuals, but don't often team up with other associations as we want the server we're playing on to remain competitive and not become dominated by one mega-region who win every time, else the game gets boring...

A good server has to have competition in it, but not in a way that will take all the fun out of the game because you have to rebuild a team every round.

• The problem is that there are servers who are dominated by one region. Tower Bridge has one region with 20% more players than the 2nd biggest region and double the number of many others. 120 active players who (in the main) have played together for several rounds compared to 50 players in a relatively new team. Who wins?

• I understand your feelings.

If teams and friends want to play together.

The regions of Europe will not be a problem.

Team can start in one region. And then play in another.

You will not get points for that.

But you can play with your friends :)

• It's not that friends can't play together.

Excuse me please, but this is... bull******

Nobody can tell me, that 120 and more people are "friends". They know each other from the game. Ok. That's all. Even they played 20 rounds together, this doesn't include the right to dominate a complete server and win it from the start up. And this is the point. They are not friends, they just want to dominate the server.

Now they cry like babies, because RN says:

Nope, you are not supposed to dominate a server, there are other players, too. If you want to win...just do the same work like all other players.

Excuse me for this harsh words, but this is exactly the thing I read, each time I see a new post about it. The are explaining "it is a grown friendship"...but they only want to be sure to join the winning team. That's it. Grown friends also can be competitor. There is no reason, why grown friends have to be in the same region from the start up....

But to be honest...the new system is not clear. There some unclear points, as long a region/city is not realy closed. I'd like to see some..."updates" about this system.

• What is abnormal on the start on the ARC of Triomphe (FR202) is : one region is populated with 4 corps at least 15 members due of pre-registration, an the others region couldn't do it

:)

And 2 large corps (18 and 21 members) on the same town

What can RN says with that ? Oups ? It's a bug ??

• What is abnormal on the start on the ARC of Triomphe (FR202) is : one region is populated with 4 corps at least 15 members due of pre-registration, an the others region couldn't do it

:)

And 2 large corps (18 and 21 members) on the same town

What can RN says with that ? Oups ? It's a bug ??

This shouldn't, IMO, be possible. I mean, 3 regions are populated by 45 people, 20 of which won't even play after 2 days. How can it be possible to have a system that doesn't block the top regions at 60-65 people (2 25-members corps and one with up to 15 members), until every region gets at least 40 people (2 good-sized corps, and 4 small ones).

I've said from the start that this pre-registration system DOES NOT WORK for any server, except the .de and .ru ones (where they get 80 "active" people in smaller regions as well). Because the limit is put way too high.

The only chance people have, is to do the exact same thing. And we end up with 3 mega-regions, that try to have more and more people from server to server, and 7 regions that are useless, get all the new players (because the 3 top regions are full for 5 days at the start), and just don't have a point in playing.

HOW CAN YOU GET NEW PLAYERS INTO YOUR GAME WHEN THEY GET INTO A NO-MAN'S LAND WITH NOBODY TO TALK TO ONCE THEY TRY A SoE SCENARIO ???

that's right, you can't keep them playing, because it's just boring for them. Nobody to talk to, nobody to teach them the game, etc. Maybe, one day, you will finally get that, on any SoE servers outside of .de and .ru, the new players don't stick because you haven't changed one thing in 2 years to the broken pre-registration feature.

I know the subject pretty well. When I decided to run for president, and have a shot at winning, 2 mega-regions were in place (both 4-corps strong). I contacted 2 corps (+ mine), and had the chance to find a 4th in the region at the start. Once we won the server, we received messages from 4-5 corps to join our "mega-region", and even though I insisted on changing partners from game to game, the only "balanced" game we've had, was when we did play by ourselves (we are by far the most experienced corp on the server), against a mega-region 4corps-strong.

All that to say, because of that system in place, the only chance for the 2nd-5th is to group together to try to become bigger than the 1st. Positive feedback. The problem gets bigger and bigger, because the big regions try to get more and more active people with them, and that leaves the smaller regions totally deserted. Because nothing was done 2 years ago, now you need a dramatic change (cut some regions in half basically) that will make many people complain (look at Toots), but that's the only way for the SoE to keep some interest. Otherwise, in 6months, or 1 year, every competitive player will leave that scenario (it has already happened).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

The post was edited 1 time, last by sacroima ().

• Excellent points from sacroima (and others) and that comes clearly from experience.

These Pre-registration changes will not in any way hurt the servers or players, and were designed to do the opposite. The change is actually much smaller than what some of the comments here might suggest. There has always been an overcrowding rule, but the pre-registration did not count associations as a whole.

Old way example: 5 associations who always won the round pre-registered in the same region, and the region was not filled because not all members were counted. These regions were overflowing with players and other regions and cities became ghost towns with no chance to win in the worst case.

New way example: 5 associations who earlier knew they would win and pre-registered in the same region, are instead counted as associations and not as individual members who were able to reserve spots for everyone. Friends can still play together, but no one can "hack" more players to a city or region. Overcrowding rule now counts pre-registered associations based on their size, not based on the person who pre-registered.

Friends and associations can still gather together like always. A group of several big associations just can't go around the overcrowding rule, we fixed it.

• Samisu, what is about this case:

The pre-registrated corp. does not close the city/region, let's say because they are 2 members to short. Now a second corp will do the same, but they are 25 people...and 10 people would close the region...you know, what I mean ?

• Samisu, what is about this case:

The pre-registrated corp. does not close the city/region, let's say because they are 2 members to short. Now a second corp will do the same, but they are 25 people...and 10 people would close the region...you know, what I mean ?

If there is little room left, then it should not matter how big your association is. After you pre-register, the region/city is closed.

But I am not 100% sure of this. If there is a chance that a bigger association will be redirected to other regions or cities when the overcrowding limit is too close, I will find out and get back to you just to be sure how these situations work. If that is what you were asking about :D

• These Pre-registration changes will not in any way hurt the servers or players, and were designed to do the opposite. The change is actually much smaller than what some of the comments here might suggest. There has always been an overcrowding rule, but the pre-registration did not count associations as a whole.

I disagree with that statement. The change might be small, but the effect ist really big. On german servers we saw up to 10 full associations in one region wich was possible wit hquick chairs and disciplined members

Thanks to RN Skadi wie now know the actual numbers for the overcrowding rule (german source). For steam over europe:

A region is blocked if it has 10 more players than the average AND has 5% more players than the average (Both condidtions need to be true. The latter is alway true until over 2000 players are pre-registrated on a server).

This means that if an association with 25 members pre-registers in a region, it is blocked until an average of 16 players per region is pre-registered over all 10 regions. Or in other words: 135 players ((16*10)-25) have to pre-register in other regions until the next spot in the first region is available. You can do the math for your own server to see how many associations are possible in one region after the change.

I guess we'll be in a state as it was before pre-registration…

While I agree some change was needed we'll see many unhappy players when the change finally hits.

• Toots, there are ways to override this and the opposition people will not like ^^;

But for example when my friends or friends of friends wants players to go join in the winning company /winning region and because of pre registration hassles it will not be allowed, do not pre register in weaker regions.

Just do not pre register at all!

Wait for the server to start and then choose wherever you want to go.

Even after a few days of start which is not a problem for a good player.

I have joined the Europe Scenario
    (russian server ) 2 times by invite of friends to go play at the winning region / city.

Very overcrowded so I just waited some time after the server started and joined normally. The association quickly made space for me ( have to wait the three days, unfortunately, or just dismiss some unkown player to make space for you) and I played normally.

• Europe - Return to Ancient Times :)

Will be played as before

Without pre-registration 8)

• yes!!

pre registration means to be a good thing so we can enter with our group of 20 + people, not pay donation to headquarters a million times, start together with our teammates, but they want to make things difficult with this overcrowding talk ....

so we bypass their pre registration and enter in the winning city / region anyways.

the people who do not like the strong groups in the strong regions, they should go play in the deserted region themselves ... ^^; ... but I have a feeling they will not go! o^_^o

• Hey

I also think U should be able to pre reg - BUT RN will decide where U start - that means if e.g 300 players pre reg for a new round they will start in there own asso but RN decide where the asso will start and can get all region almost at same strength ,that will make it more fun and U don't will see 3 or 4 Asso working together in same region and own the game from start.

• Thanks to RN Skadi wie now know the actual numbers for the overcrowding rule (german source). For steam over europe:

A region is blocked if it has 10 more players than the average AND has 5% more players than the average (Both condidtions need to be true. The latter is alway true until over 2000 players are pre-registrated on a server).

If that is true, then maybe there is some hope after all. But from what I've seen on FR-202 (restarted yesterday), the changes didn't hit yet. (most crowded regions 85-90 people, less crowded = 45 people).

I would say the "average" is a biased indicator though. The smallest region should be a limiting factor as well. Otherwise, just remove some regions, they have no chance anyway.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• Of course it's true. Just click the link for "german source" and you'll see who postet that information. I recommend DeepL if you need a translator.

Hm, from the lobby I see 798 players on FR202. Average is 79,8. We don't know how they round but I guess they round it up to 80. Maximum number of players per region would then be 90. Fits your numbers. Regions with 90 players are probably blocked for registration now.

If I understand it correctly, then this rule is unchanged since there are the Europa servers. The change now is that an entire association is counted completely during pre-registration. Previously, only those players were counted who had actually pre-registered. This prevents a large number of associations gathering in one region by means of pre-registration.

But there are still strong and weak regions which cannot be changed without making many players unhappy.

• Of course there will still be weaker regions.

But having 3 regions that have half the people of the most crowded ones is simply not possible, IMO. Because all the new players will end up there, and then desert when they have nobody to answer their questions.

It should be pretty simple to add an extra rule to never have a region with more than 20% of the population of the lower populated ones, meaning no region is ever left out. >> no region is a dump for new players.

And the actual number of people is 668 (lobby is saying 809). Apparently, some people that don't finish the registration (and therefore don't arrive in a region) still count (maybe pre-registered people + the one that sign up but close the tab before choosing a region?)

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• the people who do not like the strong groups in the strong regions, they should go play in the deserted region themselves ... ^^; ... but I have a feeling they will not go! o^_^o

Many of us do because we prefer the challenge of trying to build up a region from scratch. I find it incredibly boring knowing that I am going to win on day 1 and have left several cities because of it