Bank limit too small

• I really understand it that a bank limit of 30M is far to low special in era 6 when your income is high, that's why i already said save up your gold to buy plus for era 6

We're not discussing 30M being too low, we're discussing the 60M +acc limit being too low,

and even more acutely, the labs 40/80 RP limit being too low.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• We're not discussing 30M being too low, we're discussing the 60M +acc limit being too low,

and even more acutely, the labs 40/80 RP limit being too low.

I don't understand why a player can not be more often in the game than once in a day. If someone has a problem, he/she can have a replacement. It's also a good idea to buy Electronic wagons for save your money.

• You are not deliberately playing a worse game, you are playing strategically. If you only haul the best paying goods then who hauls the lesser goods, or do you rely on others to do the dirty work?

I thought the thread was actually about the Bank Limits, so not sure why the lab has been brought in to it. That should be discussed separately imo, however the same applies. Developing your station is part of your strategy, you need to work out which works best for you and it may not be the same in every round.

In real life I don't work more strategically by taking time off my actual job to clean the toilets, we have people for that, who are payed accordingly. If I took time off from my work to clean the toilets, my employer would see the price she payed for my salary go down that same toilet, and would probably not be very happy or consider it very efficient/strategic.

Similarly it's seldom more strategic to go for lesser payed routes in chase of direct PP rather than earning credits to get indirect PP over time.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• I really understand it that a bank limit of 30M is far to low special in era 6 when your income is high, that's why i already said save up your gold to buy plus for era 6

i play with gold and the plus account from era 1 to era 6.

each new era i buy the era start package.

a bank limit of 60 million for era 6 is very, very low.

• In real life I don't work more strategically by taking time off my actual job to clean the toilets, we have people for that, who are payed accordingly. If I took time off from my work to clean the toilets, my employer would see the price she payed for my salary go down that same toilet, and would probably not be very happy or consider it very efficient/strategic.

Similarly it's seldom more strategic to go for lesser payed routes in chase of direct PP rather than earning credits to get indirect PP over time.

We are not talking about a paid job, where others are employed to do the lesser tasks. We are talking about a game where all players are equal so all players, including you, should be prepared to work for the team and haul the lesser paying goods to the city and/or landmark.

A city needs 4 RGs, a LM many, with the prices paid per ton varying widely. Why do you think you should be only hauling the more valuable goods leaving everybody else to haul the lesser paid routes?

• I don't understand why a player can not be more often in the game than once in a day. If someone has a problem, he/she can have a replacement. It's also a good idea to buy Electronic wagons for save your money.

Well, because they have to work? And really to work, not play RN at work? Because they have a real life?

A city needs 4 RGs, a LM many, with the prices paid per ton varying widely. Why do you think you should be only hauling the more valuable goods leaving everybody else to haul the lesser paid routes?

This is a very good question....and here is the answer:

Because more vauable goods bring more profit, more profit brings more PP (more/better buildings, invest...etc.)

Isn't it the goal to get as much PP as possible to win the game ?

Don't get me wrong, but the winner is not the guy or girl, who is citicens of the highest developed city...it's the guy or girl with the most PP.

• This is a very good question....and here is the answer:

Because more vauable goods bring more profit, more profit brings more PP (more/better buildings, invest...etc.)

Don't get me wrong, but the winner is not the guy or girl, who is citicens of the highest developed city...it's the guy or girl with the most PP.

Oh trust me, if you try to run for 1st place, the bank limit is high enough as it is, by far ;)

you won't ever have any issues with your bank, because you won't ever stay offline for more than 8hours straight, and you will deliver to low-paying deserted cities for PP during the night, so that you can deliver to active cities during the day, while doing competitions, waiting (or not, depending on your own schedule) for golden hour, etc.

But still, your answer is totally inaccurate, because this game is not only about individuals running for 1st place. It is mostly about corps of friends trying to level up a city. And that means, sharing the best income, as well as the worst ones, so that everybody can keep up pretty well for the late eras / EG, where single players tend to get destroyed by coordinated cities.

And you can trust me on that one, but a guy running cotton, then wool, then textile, etc (you get my point) because nobody else wanted to, will be completely out of the game by era 6. That's why, you accept to carry one low-paying good some days. So that your corp, as a whole, can do profits. It's a teamgame after all ;)

• This is a very good question....and here is the answer:

Anybody who only hauls the highest paying goods is a selfish player who I would not want anywhere near my team (city, association or region), no matter how much PP they have earned. I want to play with team players who work for each other, sharing the load.

• haha.... you do understand that a motivated player who is earning many many prestige points IS working for the team because the all points he earns count also as association points!

I want 24 players like this in my association ( and i am happy to have many of them already, because we aim to win as association, city is secondary so they transport the best product in many many cities ^^; )

more points, more money, more money = more collaboration for the workers!

• haha.... you do understand that a motivated player who is earning many many prestige points IS working for the team because the all points he earns count also as association points!

In theory you are correct. In practice, since you can earn 500'000++ association points in EG, you understand that PP are useless for that ranking ;)

For the money issue, you are correct to a point. Actually, as long as the money stays in the association, it benefits your team. If you deliver to many cities, and want to make as many PP as possible as you claim, I already told you why the night isn't an issue. To make PP, you NEED to deliver low-paying goods, because that's where most PP is possible (nobody wants to carry them, it's golden for PP players). And you do it at night, so that when you wake up, the bank is still quite well furnished ;)

Required goods to any city won't ever cause issues to your bank (too many people transporting them, etc). And non-required ones (especially to the warehouse, that's how you can go above your bank limit super fast) require you to be online to make most profits anyway. And don't bring PP.

• we have more than twice as much points as the second association, exactly because the majority of our players do not focus in only one city.

for us is important to win as association.

in the top 10 players, 8 are from our association.

only two players are not in the top 40 because they are more lazy.

what you say is irrelevant because in the final we also deliver to many cities.

we might also win as city because most of us are connected to the winning cities, we `bet` on one and change association homecity 2 days before the finals.

even if most of us sleep during the finals, it is a won game.

and yes, most of our players do complain the bank limit is too small and we wish it was bigger.

maybe you laugh and think i am unexperienced, but when i hear my same talk from a career level 34, 5 star teammate, I stay relieved that my thoughts are correct ^^;

• I'm a level 29 5 star player, so I know what I talk about as well. But my stars don't really mean anything in this discussion, nor does my CV (even though we could talk for a while about who is the best at this or that, with differing numbers, but I don't like politics for that reason).

You will agree with me, having twice as many points as the second association (meaning an edge of what, 300'000 points?) over the course of 12 weeks, is completely irrelevant in comparison to the 500'000 points or more you will make in 2 days. That's simple maths.

Everyone connects to most megacities, don't worry. It's also a piece of cake to bet on the winning ones on most servers. Nevertheless, I wouldn't call myself "being part of the winning city" when I haul to 5 of the megacities... Because IMO, being part of a city is more than just having it as a home, there is some feelings associated with that. Hard work, perserverance, etc. That you just don't have when hauling for PP. But that's another subject entirely.

For the money issue. You can still try to tell me how you make 10M/hour while being offline and still gaining PP. For having done 2 very active games (my 2 top1), it is simply not possible. And that's the beauty of the game, you have to make choices.

I would even say this bank limit is actually very nice, to force people to diversify to some extent. If the most profitable way to gain PP was to make infinite amounts of money, as you claim you can, and just invest those, then I feel the top1 would become very very very boring. Right now, you have to maximise multiple factors. For example : gain a maximum of PP while earning exactly 59M $ during your offline-time. If you didn't have those upper limits, where is the optimisation ?

(by the way, I don't talk about the bank limit without + account, that one is just impossible to play competitively with, because of the cost of leveling the bank, but then so is playing without researcher).

• Sacroima I feel you and my teammates (all of you much more experienced than me, by the way. I am a miserable level career 22) have very different goals and very different styles of playing the game. Both successful, it seems, since you have won servers several times and so have they ^^;

They are not worried about growing a city, they transport goods where the good points are.

The city we have as home city now (please note that I speak of the top 1 association that I co own, with my husband, and we are lucky to have gathered an excellent group of players who maybe to your view are selfish, but we love them and thanks to them, we win as association!) does not mean much to us, and we may change it as we see convenient.

You are the player who prides himself in growing a city with your team.

We are a team who pride ourselves in being the winning team by all means.

We had at our association forun a recent discussion about how small the bank limit is.

To conclude the thought, if the game staff would decide to give us a bigger bank limit, 100% of the players would benefit, especially the most active players and even you ^^;

• As I have said previously increasing the Bank limit just makes the game easier, especially for those who go chasing the $$$.

One of the reasons why I prefer Europe scenarios is because it is much more team focused, with the team being the region's players. Building tracks to most/all cities just so you can say you were connected to the winning Megacity? Nah not for me thanks. I am one of those who wants to help develop the city and region and see the results of my team's work. I actually get more satisfaction seeing the city from my small region finish 3rd or 4th in EG than I have done when I have won it. It is far harder to achieve a result like that with 50 people than it is to win with 150.

• I understand what you mean, special when you run with the olympus on a good paying rg and you have to be away the whole day the banklimit can be to small, you can earn a lot of money while you're working for the city, but take care that you empty the bank before you go off line that will solve a part of it.

Everyone have to play as they want. i'm not really a prestigeplayer but i love it to level the city with the team.

• Most of us will have a smart phone and at work there will be always a lunchbreak or so to log in and empty your bank.

When the bank limits are streched this will create a lesser activity for a lot of people.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• Most of us will have a smart phone and at work there will be always a lunchbreak or so to log in and empty your bank.

When the bank limits are streched this will create a lesser activity for a lot of people.

I do have a smart phone (iphone ) and a Ipad ... but Rail Nation application is the only application that refuses to function in my phone and in my Ipad.

I work all day and until next month, for 2 weeks I am having to work during the night too.

The day this game has a functioning mobile application, I will accept the above argument.